Thread: Hunter's Mark?

15+ Year Old Account

Hunter's Mark?

OK can someone tell me what use there is to use hunter's mark in a PvE setting? Does it actually do anything besides just marking a target that may or may not go into stealth that allows you to see it still while stealthed?

it also puts a marker on your minimap of the target. but no, it's more of a pvp ability which is good. if the 5% damage bonus wasn't removed, our tuning would've been balanced around it.

so if our single target was mediocre, our aoe would be bad, etc. it's better this way so blizz doesn't have to balance specs around something that is realistically impossible to balance properly. survival has tons of dots that wouldn't be affected, marksman would have bouncing shots that wouldn't scale as good, and bm would beast cleaving with only one target having optimal damage. this way blizz can balance our classes aoe aspects without buffing our single target since they would be tied together.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    OK can someone tell me what use there is to use hunter's mark in a PvE setting? Does it actually do anything besides just marking a target that may or may not go into stealth that allows you to see it still while stealthed?
    It is also used in combination with https://www.wowhead.com/spell=339264

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avorti View Post
    It is also used in combination with https://www.wowhead.com/spell=339264
    k glad to hear that it has SOME usefulness eventually lol

Dont forget at least one Anima power gain increased damage from Hunters Mark

I think no one wants to do 95% of maximum damage outside of Hunter's Mark and have to apply Hunter's Mark just to do the 100% of max damage.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    k glad to hear that it has SOME usefulness eventually lol
    Unless there are multiple hunters and then only one gets to use HM with damage reduction.