Page 56 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Manipulating the crypto market is OK since SEC doesn't regulate it. Well done Elon...well done.
    Yah if he did the same thing with a stock and not disclose he or the company he runs has a position in it, would be facing some "issues"

They will end up regulating it, taxing it, etc no matter how hard it would/will be. Its just the feds are and have always been slow on "emerging" things.
    Just like tax on internet shopping look how long that took

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Superbowl ad. LMAO
    Sure helped to give a little pump to the dump this morning!!!
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Manipulating the crypto market is OK since SEC doesn't regulate it. Well done Elon...well done.
    I like the part where it said Tesla will accept bitcoin as payment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    I like the part where it said Tesla will accept bitcoin as payment.
    "Our company revenue decreased precipitously this past quarter as we've increasingly moved to a Bitcoin based funding method and the cryptocurrency has cratered. What should have been 40% revenue growth and a 10% profit increase after taxes is looking more like a 50% reduction compared to the prior quarter and 30% compared to the same quarter YoY. Maybe accepting and using a highly volatile, unbacked cryptocurrency wasn't such a good idea."

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "Our company revenue decreased precipitously this past quarter as we've increasingly moved to a Bitcoin based funding method and the cryptocurrency has cratered. What should have been 40% revenue growth and a 10% profit increase after taxes is looking more like a 50% reduction compared to the prior quarter and 30% compared to the same quarter YoY. Maybe accepting and using a highly volatile, unbacked cryptocurrency wasn't such a good idea."
    The next decade will be interesting for the EV industry and challenging for Tesla.

Apple EV deal with Hyundai and KIA.

GM commitment to phase out gas powered vehicle by 2035.

Toyota will be unveiling a working model of their solid state battery EV this year. It's estimated that a solid-state car could have a range of 1000 kilometers (621 miles) and take 10 minutes to charge. Solid-state batteries deteriorate less over time, and Toyota claims 90% of the battery's performance over a 30-year lifespan. Toyota leads the solid-state battery patent count, owning over 1,000 related to the technology.

Volkswagen says it will produce its own solid-state batteries by 2025, and Nissan expects a solid-state battery prototype vehicle in 2028.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2021-02-08 at 09:04 PM.

The next decade will be interesting for the EV industry and challenging for Tesla.

GM commitment to phase out gas powered vehicle by 2035.

Toyota will be unveiling a working model of their solid state battery EV this year. It's estimated that a solid-state car could have a range of 1000 kilometers (621 miles) and take 10 minutes to charge. Solid-state batteries deteriorate less over time, and Toyota claims 90% of the battery's performance over a 30-year lifespan. Toyota leads the solid-state battery patent count, owning over 1,000 related to the technology.

Volkswagen says it will produce its own solid-state batteries by 2025, and Nissan expects a solid-state battery prototype vehicle in 2028.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/08/hyun...apple-car.html

in regulatory filings on Monday, both companies said they were not in talks with Apple to develop a car, following media reports that the iPhone maker was looking to the South Korean automakers to develop a self-driving car.

Hyundai and Kia said they were getting requests from “multiple companies” for cooperation to jointly develop autonomous, electric vehicles but that nothing has been decided since the discussions are in early stage.

- - - Updated - - -

Apple will wait till everyone else has proven tech, steal the "idea's", claim them for their own.....then keep all the profit.

oh and lose another half dozen lawsuits cause of it
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/08/hyun...apple-car.html

in regulatory filings on Monday, both companies said they were not in talks with Apple to develop a car, following media reports that the iPhone maker was looking to the South Korean automakers to develop a self-driving car.

Hyundai and Kia said they were getting requests from “multiple companies” for cooperation to jointly develop autonomous, electric vehicles but that nothing has been decided since the discussions are in early stage.

- - - Updated - - -

Apple will wait till everyone else has proven tech, steal the "idea's", claim them for their own.....then keep all the profit.

oh and lose another half dozen lawsuits cause of it
    Cost of doing business. What else are they going to do with that pile of cash they are sitting on? More stock buyback?

BTW, FB missed its cryptocurrency launch date of January 2021. Still planning to launch in 2021 from what I understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Superbowl ad. LMAO
    The problem with RH is that currently there is no alternative to free trades and options. Here is a comparison of the average account size between RH and the more established brokerages.

Robinhood Average Account Size Comparison
    Robinhood $1,000 to $5,000
    E-Trade $100,000
    TD Ameritrade $110,000
    Charles Schwab $240,000

Also.

People are furious with Robinhood but they keep downloading it - Downloads of the commission-free investment app remain high after a record week.

It is still the only game in town for small investors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cost of doing business. What else are they going to do with that pile of cash they are sitting on? More stock buyback?

BTW, FB missed its cryptocurrency launch date of January 2021. Still planning to launch in 2021 from what I understand.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem with RH is that currently there is no alternative to free trades and options. Here is a comparison of the average account size between RH and the more established brokerages.

E-Trade $100,000
    TD Ameritrade $110,000
    Charles Schwab $240,000

Also.

People are furious with Robinhood but they keep downloading it - Downloads of the commission-free investment app remain high after a record week.

No it's not, just cus the average is higher for those other brokers doesn't mean you can't as a "small" investor.

I started with Charles schwab with I think 2k.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

E-Trade $100,000
    TD Ameritrade $110,000
    Charles Schwab $240,000

Also.

Maybe i am misunderstanding this but TDameritrade seems just as free except the small contract fee on options.

Online trade commissions are $0.00 for U.S. exchange–listed stocks, ETFs, and options. A $0.65 per contract fee applies for options trades, with no minimum balances on most account types (excluding some promotional offers), no platform fees, and no trade minimums

SoFi is also another alternative i've used before
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

This is rather interesting.

Edelbrock Is Leaving California Partly Because SpaceX Hires Too Many Machinists

Legendary auto parts manufacturer Edelbrock recently announced to the state of California its intent to close the long-time company headquarters located in the city of Torrance. This sparked a wildfire of speculation for the closing, ranging from financial problems to political concerns--but as a company official revealed to The Drive, the reason is much simpler.

"For us, the decision really came down to a couple of criteria," said Edelbrock Group Chief Commercial Officer Chris Douglas to The Drive. "Number one, labor is extremely hard to come by in Los Angeles county. You're competing against the aerospace industry; Boeing and some others have a lot of presence there. SpaceX is another one that we battle all the time for machinists. SpaceX has a big presence in El Segundo which is just down the street from Torrance."

Interestingly enough, their research and development arm is staying in California.

Administrative functions will eventually transition to Olive Branch following the Torrance facility's closure on March 31. Meanwhile, the research and development portion of the Edelbrock company will operate at a new 10,000-square-foot facility in Cerritos, California that is slotted to open the day after the Torrance location shuts its doors.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe i am misunderstanding this but TDameritrade seems just as free except the small contract fee on options.

Online trade commissions are $0.00 for U.S. exchange–listed stocks, ETFs, and options. A $0.65 per contract fee applies for options trades, with no minimum balances on most account types (excluding some promotional offers), no platform fees, and no trade minimums

I don't have first hand knowledge of RH. I have only used Fidelity. Even my current account through First Republic is basically Fidelity. So hard for me to compare.

One thing we know for sure, RH app download is still going strong. For whatever reason.

I spread mine on index funds and have like 10-15% on physical gold/silver.

Stock trading individually has annoying costs for the UK outside of degiro and statistically, most people are better off with index funds than individual stocks.

Prolly has to do with mentality and trade frequency. A lot of RH users day trade/scalp option contracts (cuz its much more leveraged than stocks, and weekly options is how you make your yolo millions), so if you had to pay 0.65 per contract every time, especially with a small account and frequent trades, it can add up.

Ameritrade supposedly has better fills, so theoretically it should be more profitable even with the contract fee, but that's where the psychology of "completely free" vs not kicks in, I bet.

Parents of Man Who Died Thinking He Lost Over $730,000 Sues Trading App Robinhood After Student Killed Himself

Alex Kearns died by suicide in June 2020 after he was led to believe he owed more than $730,000 after making some risky trades, court documents, obtained by PEOPLE, say.

According to the lawsuit, Alex was sent an email demanding immediate action asking for a minimum deposit payment of more than $170,000, and when the college student attempted to reach customer service, he was unsuccessful.

"I was incorrectly assigned more money than I should have, my bought puts should have covered the puts I sold. Could someone please look into this?" the college student wrote in one of several emails to Robinhood seeking help. According to the suit, all he received was an automated email saying the support team would get back to him "as soon as possible, but that our response time to you may be delayed."

Tragically, the day after Alex took his own life, Robinhood finally returned his email — and it turned out that he didn't own any money at all.

"Great news!" the email — another automated message — said, according to CBS News. "We're reaching out to confirm that you've met your margin call and we've lifted your trade restrictions. If you have any questions about your margin call, please feel free to reach out. We're happy to help!"

Talk about learning to swim by diving into the deep end. The nice thing about established brokerage like Fidelity is the 24-hour customer support. Also at First Republic you are assigned a personal banker at no cost.

Also, as a side note.

Robinhood App Saw 2.1 Million Downloads in US Last Week Despite Trading Restrictions
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2021-02-09 at 11:38 PM.

Damn what are these dudes smoking (sorry for the pun). Truly WSB has turned into pump and dump full time now.

These companies are now worth billions and even if you just counted revenue it would take 10 years to match valuation. forget the fact they are almost all bleeding cash and have negative margins.

8.2 billion dollars, 200 million in revenue.....239% debt.....negative growth. 500% stock spike. Just one example.

Sure there is room to grow thanks to a POT supporting administration but holy hell most of the companies spiking are horrific.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/10/cann...25percent.html

Shares of Tilray are up about 25% on Wednesday, bringing the stock’s year-to-date gain to more than 530%. Canopy Growth is up 4%, adding to its 100% rally in 2021. Aphria is also popping 10% on Wednesday, adding to its 275% gain this year. Aurora Cannabis is up 11%, bringing its year-to-date gain to more than 100%.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Damn what are these dudes smoking (sorry for the pun). Truly WSB has turned into pump and dump full time now.
    4chan found a bloomberg terminal remains an extremely accurate description of the sub. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out some years from now that institutional traders fluent in memes were involved in all this nonsense for their own profits.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    4chan found a bloomberg terminal remains an extremely accurate description of the sub. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out some years from now that institutional traders fluent in memes were involved in all this nonsense for their own profits.
    and the people in the forum are all about what they are doing is "legal" so they can't even hate on them for doing it.

Its a shame its just the same group of people pumping up a stock and making it big, then losing it all by diamonds hands or betting on the next big option. Already saw a half dozen who make hundreds of thousands on GMe only to lose it on options on AMC and the group.

I feel most of these people will end up this way instead of putting half of their profits away in something long term safe
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

These companies are now worth billions and even if you just counted revenue it would take 10 years to match valuation. forget the fact they are almost all bleeding cash and have negative margins.

8.2 billion dollars, 200 million in revenue.....239% debt.....negative growth. 500% stock spike. Just one example.

Sure there is room to grow thanks to a POT supporting administration but holy hell most of the companies spiking are horrific.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/10/cann...25percent.html

Shares of Tilray are up about 25% on Wednesday, bringing the stock’s year-to-date gain to more than 530%. Canopy Growth is up 4%, adding to its 100% rally in 2021. Aphria is also popping 10% on Wednesday, adding to its 275% gain this year. Aurora Cannabis is up 11%, bringing its year-to-date gain to more than 100%.
    Gamestop showed Reddit that it is a big enough concentration of people to randomly spike a stock so long as they can get somewhat organised and after that hype will do the rest.

And the stockmarket kind of isn't designed to deal with the modern information age.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

How about that twitter and the boycott....

My brother has a "boycott" fund he's investing in (his own). So far they are all winners and he's up like 42% in the last 6 months just by picking big profitable names that have been "boycotted" by one group or another. He picks them up on the cheap and makes some nice gains.

I love that they don't mention by name the reason why. I'll even edit the story too to keep that trend going!!

https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/TWTR

+7.90 (+13.20%)

From a low of 45 after the ban.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/10/twit...ing-trump.html

Twitter broke from tradition and gave guidance on user growth in January following His ban.
    Some feared the ban would hurt Twitter’s growth.
    CEO Jack Dorsey said on the company’s earnings call Tuesday that Twitter isn’t tied to just one user, noting that most are outside the U.S.

In its earnings report Tuesday, the company provided a unique disclosure on user growth in the current quarter, saying it saw above average growth throughout the month despite “unusual circumstances.”

Although Twitter didn’t explicitly say what those “unusual circumstances” were, it’s not hard to figure out. Twitter permanently banned "him" on Jan. 8 after he continued to post messages encouraging and defending the riot at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6. The company also permanently banned thousands of accounts tied to the "nutcase" movement around the same time.

He also pointed to the dozens of accounts that have millions of followers and that 80% of all users are outside the U.S.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Gamestop showed Reddit that it is a big enough concentration of people to randomly spike a stock so long as they can get somewhat organised and after that hype will do the rest.

And the stockmarket kind of isn't designed to deal with the modern information age.
    Yep. And will be interesting to see how long this WSB spiking program keeps on running. How many of the involved eventually cashed out on Gamestop? Probably a mere handful compared to the ones who lost a hefty chunk. The diminishing returns on this game (pun not intended) are going to be massive as the losers likely will learn their lessons. Some in a hard way as won't be easy to jump in the next one with all your money gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ifrah View Post
    Yep. And will be interesting to see how long this WSB spiking program keeps on running. How many of the involved eventually cashed out on Gamestop? Probably a mere handful compared to the ones who lost a hefty chunk. The diminishing returns on this game (pun not intended) are going to be massive as the losers likely will learn their lessons. Some in a hard way as won't be easy to jump in the next one with all your money gone.
    SNDL is being spiked by WSB and Im making enough money to take 2022 off. I would suggest you guys dump 10k and make money until the regulations start to pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    SNDL is being spiked by WSB and Im making enough money to take 2022 off. I would suggest you guys dump 10k and make money until the regulations start to pop up.
    lol, i mean its only up what from .65 to almost 4.00 what could possibly go wrong with a company that is losing 200 million....being now worth 5 billion. If you miss the spike down it could be ugly you have to either set limits or watch it all day.

i told of the story in the 90s with penny stocks. Same thing happened and my brother stayed in too long and the SEC opened an investigation in the "pump and dump" and halted the stock. By the time it re-opened it was worth fractions of a fraction.

But made money for half a year doing this till we were not making money.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!