Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Alliance* turn on war mode for extra rewards.

For some reason though, Shadowlands has turned war mode into one of two: shards where you'll see no alliance at all, or shards with alliance dominance. There's seemingly no in-between.
    Worked like this since the system started. What happenings is a group is pulled to the same shard. The quest against all odds is best done in group so people generally join a raid to get onto a single shard. This shard is now flooded with alliance and made a priority for horde moving then onto it. The horde generally playing the game solo see a massive wall of enemies and leave making the shard even more lopsided.

It happens to the alliance as well. It's why I don't get the point behind against all odds or kill x player in y zones quests it actively breaks the system they have.

As for people complaining about pvp op should see the timeless isle it's the content that had blizzard remove text from friend requests because people would use it for death threats.

He overreacted (with his angry tirade),and then you overreacted (by making a blog post here)...
    and here we are.

We can chalk it all down to the usual encounter on the internet. Case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Bonus meme:
    PvE players will argue that you aren't "forced" into PvE as a PvP player even if BiS conduits and Legendaries are locked behind raids while at the same complaining about being forced to PvP because of a 20% reward bonus.
    Just wait till you realize how strong Dreadfire Vessel is. Kids gonna be malding about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post

Did they listen? Do you expect them to listen now?
    They should, since its money free and hassle free.

As someone who STARTED playing WOW when BG patch came, I can say that it's SUPERB annoying when people go full retard on you just because "AH HUR-DUR, IF ITS RED, ITS DEAD"

In MOST of the cases- they die when they try that (just happens to be that I used to be 2.8k mmr rbg leader and I know few things about PVP)

But... I REALLY don't get that mentality.

I mean, just let people play the game. And don't ruin their free time.

I have never EVER ganked anyone in open world. OPEN WORLD PVP DOES NOT EXIST! ITS A GANK FEST!

If you really want to pvp- step into arena or bg and you can have fun there with people who are ALWYAS ready to attack you. No need to bully lower geared or solo players.

BUT ALSO, I DO NOT justify his rage and curses.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    And thus you see the deep fundamental flaw with tying PVE progress to PVP combat.

I've said this before about open world PVP and War Mode: Blizzard needs to scrap the entire concept and come up with a PURELY PVP focused method. Mixing PVE and PVP is a mistake. It will always be unless the entire game is built, from the ground up, to facilitate it.

Trying to coerce or incentivize PVE players into PVP by giving the PVE bonuses is a mistake. It generates hate like what you posted. It gets people into a PVP environment for all the wrong reasons. It divides the playerbase.

Literally everything about it is bad.
    You keep being confused about this. There is no "incentive for Pve progress" to do War Mode. There is no "Pve bonuses tied to Pvp". There is a compensation to off-set the "timeloss" of corpse-running more often. Don't like Pvp? War mode is not for you. Stop trying to make it something it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    warmode as a feature is by far the best adition to pvp since arenas,the pvp talents working in the world,it not being tied to servers,its all gr8,the issue is like you said...the rewards,and to be specific,pve rewards,they can add all the pvp rewards they want to it,but dont try to force people who dont want to pvp in to it for the pve rewrads

- - - Updated - - -

the option to opt in or out without a server transfer is a good thing,its much better to just turn it off than logging out lol,the system in of itself is great,whats not great is linking pve rewards to it
    the reason they added warmode was for faction imbalance, but warmdoe feels really shit when u can just phase in and out, or just opt in, which removed the whole point of pvp servers in the first place, and on top of that, even with warmode now, the imbalance is still there with sharding. its just a mess tbh. its a good idea but they havnt implemented it correctly in wow, and they also made it worse with tying rewards that people who dont like pvp feel like theyre forced to do.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    You keep being confused about this. There is no "incentive for Pve progress" to do War Mode. There is no "Pve bonuses tied to Pvp". There is a compensation to off-set the "timeloss" of corpse-running more often. Don't like Pvp? War mode is not for you. Stop trying to make it something it's not.
    Why do people who enjoy wpvp need bonuses all of a sudden? Worked 14 years without.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sinrunner View Post
    That's really the same thing.

Why is it a cunt move to get a group for World PvP?
    World pvp is "cunt move" by its design. You always attack with advantage, gear advantage, numbers advantage, situational advantage, so "real" way to play on a pvp server is KoS, because when your health will drop low - it's very likely that this hunter who just waltzed past you will land a killshot on your sorry ass.

So players like me, who turn warmode on only for benefit of occasional "oh, look, a bunch of people are fighting, lets find a tank, stack TotM on him, then you mass grab everyone, right, mr DK friend?" and extra resources. But i'm fully aware of world pvp being cuntland full of cunts who will cut you down as soon as their numbers increase. Anyways, getting killed in wow is not a big deal so trade off is nice for me.

But don't pretend that grabbing people who just want to get back to oribos and killing them is "nice" or "not a cunt move"
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Just to add my 2 cents.

OP, you spent so much time writing this post, adding pictures and whatnot, but did you realize that you, as far as I know, can't talk to opposite faction, right?
    So in essence, that dude - if he was smart - created and deleted a character to insult your ass. It was done in bad taste, I agree. But some people take this game too seriously.

Imagine someone coming from work and having only couple of hours to play and finish dailies in the Maw and you stand there and grief his ass.

Ok. I am usually the person who absolutely HATES when people do something to me that is supposedly wrong... But in this case? I am actually with the OP on this. I don't get how people are saying that this is griefing. Especially nowadays. You can turn on WM... It's a CHOICE. You CHOSE to turn on WM... So you should obviously expect your character to get killed when you have it on.

Back then, when there was no WM, there were PVP servers. People who chose PVP servers at that time and expected to be left alone by players no matter if they were outnumbered or not, should not have been actually expecting that, no matter if their friends chose it at that time or whatever might be the reason. I can't think of one reason why anyone would CHOOSE to do something where they would be inconvenienced when they have the choice to NOT do so. With WM being introducted and the choice of CHOOSING to do PVP or not to do PVP, it's all on the person who chose turn it on in the 1st place.

People who are saying that they turn on WM so they can get "more resources" and expecting to NOT be killed is absolutely asinine. I don't get how people are actually thinking this. Please think what you guys are actually saying and be reasonable. I think even a few people have given proof/links to where this is NOT considered wrong by Blizzard AND should be expected so OP is totally in the right. And it absolutely is NOT OK for someone to wish someone cancer on someone as the "ganked" person did to the OP. I mean "ganking" should not even exist as a word to begin with. There's no such thing as "ganking" nowadays since WM has been introduced. The additional bonuses being rewarded for turning on WM is SPECIFICALLY for the EXACT reason that PVP is usually not fair, especially world PVP. I mean how can people expect to get additional rewards/bonuses for something that was intended to be given for the exact reason that being "inconvenienced" or killed in PVP is to offset that.

I turned on WM on my ally toons for that AoO quest in BFA. I got into 5-man groups for it to finish it. On my horde toons, I did sometimes turn on WM to finish those weekly PVP quests and got groups for them to do it in. I actually KNEW and still KNOW that world PVP is not gonna be fair, especially in a game where there's a two-faction system and where there's definitely gonna be an imbalance of population on both sides due to this. I turned off WM when I did not want to do any world PVP or be ganged up on, no matter if there are better rewards or not for it. People in this thread who expect to get bonus rewards for turning on WM, mainly Alliance, should not be expecting that for no trade-off... Like those bonus rewards are given for the exact reason that you will be inconvenienced and it SHOULD be expected. This is all working as intended by Blizzard and OP is not in the wrong whatsoever. Anyone who thinks he is, are not being reasonable or rational.

I do want to say that I don't know German at all so I don't know if what OP translated in the OP is 100% correct or not. But if the OP did not say anything bad to that other person and was still being verbally harassed like this, it was uncalled for and OP was right in reporting him. The part about the OP "name-shaming" or whatever, if that is not allowed on these forums (as it is not allowed on the official WoW forums), then OP should omit/black out that person's name.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Yes, but he WANTED to go to the Maw and open world PvP.
    No, he didn't. He even admits it himself. He got quest to kill 25 players, found, that everyone is doing it in the maw, so he enabled war mode made a group so that he wouldn't face any danger getting those kills, did some ganking on spawn point and then left and disabled war mode again. What he did was not open world pvp.
    What happened during CTA quests more often than not was world pvp. This is just farming kills and using a really stupid place to do so.
    I still don't understand where that 400 stygia quest comes from, so my spin on it is, that it's the new weekly that pops for the weaker war mode faction to coerce them into enabling war mode. With CTA for both sides in the same zones this didn't matter much, as there was a decent chance two groups would clash, or that some groups would emerge in the CTA zone, as there was an actual incentive to do some PVP for both factions. This is just saying one faction go kill dudes, while the other doesn't have anything like that available, so it makes sense they don't really want to bother with forming a group and fighting back (only for the alliance go away and pop into another shard where horde hasn't organized resistance yet)
    Last edited by h4rr0d; 2020-12-07 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinrunner View Post
    <snip>
    Who gives a shit?

If you have an issue then report that guy to blizz. This is a forum meant for discussions.

Also reading the original german script is super cringe. You are not any better than this guy (btw. the original german text is not nearly as bad the translation op gave).

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Yes, but he WANTED to go to the Maw and open world PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    And they chose to allow themselves to be killed for meager bonus. No one forced them. They deserve it, especialy after wishing someone terminal sickness.
    Yes, blame the victim
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    As someone who STARTED playing WOW when BG patch came, I can say that it's SUPERB annoying when people go full retard on you just because "AH HUR-DUR, IF ITS RED, ITS DEAD"

In MOST of the cases- they die when they try that (just happens to be that I used to be 2.8k mmr rbg leader and I know few things about PVP)

But... I REALLY don't get that mentality.

I mean, just let people play the game. And don't ruin their free time.

I have never EVER ganked anyone in open world. OPEN WORLD PVP DOES NOT EXIST! ITS A GANK FEST!

If you really want to pvp- step into arena or bg and you can have fun there with people who are ALWYAS ready to attack you. No need to bully lower geared or solo players.

BUT ALSO, I DO NOT justify his rage and curses.
    Sounds like bullshit. Also, if you're that afraid of PvP, turn war mode off. It's not a big deal, don't blame others for PvPing when you opted in to PvP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Yes, blame the victim
    Victim. Goddamn, you people are pushing hard to make it seem like you deserve any sympathy.

You're pulling a rape analogy, as if the whole "dressing a certain way means you're asking to be raped" is comparable to actually walking into Rape Alley naked on all fours.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaebryel Quintyne View Post
    Ok. I am usually the person who absolutely HATES when people do something to me that is supposedly wrong... But in this case? I am actually with the OP on this. I don't get how people are saying that this is griefing. Especially nowadays. You can turn on WM... It's a CHOICE. You CHOSE to turn on WM... So you should obviously expect your character to get killed when you have it on.
    It's griefing because they essentially used an exploit, i.e. waited just outside a region which disables PvP, and ambushed people there systematically. That's low-level griefing. It's not as bad as the actual full-on griefing one poster described, but it's griefing.

I know there are some very special snowflakes out there who will throw a pity-party for themselves if they get accused of griefing, and try and say "I wasn't getting off on it therefore it's not griefing!!!!" and it's like, buddy, that's not how it works. If flush a kid's head in the toilet, even if you don't enjoy it, or even intend him harm, you're still a shitty bully.

The fact that you can opt out of it, doesn't make it not griefing, but what it does do is make it not punishable, nor really morally wrong, just kinda pathetic/loserly. I mean this is a classic case of "ESH" - everyone sucks here. The OP's behaviour was really pathetic, lazy and cowardly. He didn't turn on war mode to engage in PvP either, which means his implied critique of the victim is absolutely 100% pure hypocrisy. He wasn't willing to hunt people down, or risk any kind of even potentially fair fight, and indicated he doesn't run with WM on normally. Instead he and a bunch of buddies hid out and ambushed lone individuals with no threat to themselves. That's not PvP. That's just zero-risk exploiting of a PvP quest.

They weren't even doing anything clever/funny, like people who MC people off the edge of the Maw, which is at least amusing and a bit risky. Just one lame non-PvPer abusing war mode to cheese a quest, whilst enraging another lame non-PvPer who was using war mode to get resources. So it's pretty much coward vs psycho, who is worse? I think the psycho who wished him cancer is worse, but the coward is also being pretty crap in what he's doing.

Also, if the dude who was having a rage fit was on a side who gets +30% WM bonus, the psycho is even more of a jerk. But let's not pretend the op's behaviour was cool or impressive. It's cowardly at best.
    Last edited by Eurhetemec; 2020-12-07 at 12:54 PM.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

TWELVE pages for a thread like this?

Really. OP did things just right. Found a group, did the quest, left, gg.

Expecting fair combat in WorldPvP after 16 years of unfair combat is really naive.

I’ve been onto a PvP server since day one of Vanilla, as soon as WM was introduced I turned it off and never looked back again (turned it on only to farm rajani warserpent since there were far more PvP custom groups for it, no idea why).

Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    the reason they added warmode was for faction imbalance, but warmdoe feels really shit when u can just phase in and out, or just opt in, which removed the whole point of pvp servers in the first place, and on top of that, even with warmode now, the imbalance is still there with sharding. its just a mess tbh. its a good idea but they havnt implemented it correctly in wow, and they also made it worse with tying rewards that people who dont like pvp feel like theyre forced to do.
    I don't think you know what being "forced" means. I think majority of the people who say this don't actually know what being "forced" means. There's no "forcing" anyone to do anything in WoW. No one is being "forced" to do anything. This whole thing of being "forced" as you describe it in this situation is the exact same as PVE people saying they are "forced" to min-max their gear or choose the "best" covenant in SL because their guild asked them to do, which they actually chose to be in and no one forced them to join that specific guild. Nothing is ever "forced" on anyone, especially in a game where people choose to play or not to play or to have fun in or not to have fun in.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Victim. Goddamn, you people are pushing hard to make it seem like you deserve any sympathy.

You're pulling a rape analogy, as if the whole "dressing a certain way means you're asking to be raped" is comparable to actually walking into Rape Alley naked on all fours.
    Wha? You are pulling that analogy. Just because the guy ended being in the wrong place at the wrong time - doesn't justify any asshole action against him. Why are you so rape-minded, btw? Since it's the first thing that came to your mind from "victim-blaming".
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Gaebryel Quintyne View Post
    I don't think you know what being "forced" means. I think majority of the people who say this don't actually know what being "forced" means. There's no "forcing" anyone to do anything in WoW. No one is being "forced" to do anything. This whole thing of being "forced" as you describe it in this situation is the exact same as PVE people saying they are "forced" to min-max their gear or choose the "best" covenant in SL because their guild asked them to do, which they actually chose to be in and no one forced them to join that specific guild. Nothing is ever "forced" on anyone, especially in a game where people choose to play or not to play or to have fun in or not to have fun in.
    for fksake, u know what i mean by forced

if someone gave u 2 choices
    get 1 million dollars in 30 min
    or get 1 million dollars in 30 days

what would u pick?

obv im exaggerating but the point stands

its bad design regardless in wows case