Poll: How do you feel about Torghast

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some days I just want to mindlessly kill mobs. Torghast serves that purpose for me.
    I'm a crazy taco.

From what i remember when the streamers test it they had more OP abilities

It was changed a LOT since beta.

Its better than "corruption-scenarios" in bfa. I even forgot what that horrid shit was called.

10+ Year Old Account
    because the original iteration of torghast was endless, had a far higher power drop rate and no cap on the abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depend on ur class
    I did Torghast so far with 6 classes : Hunter/rogue/warlock/paladin/druid/DH
    the most fun i have is with rogue then warlock, they got amazing anima powers
    paladin (my main) is good, not amazing but still great
    DH is ok, still just fresh so maybe with more runs i'll find amazing anima powers to pull me into?
    druid/hunter however both are sh8t, druid specially is total sh8t, anima powers are so general that u don't feel anything good u get, in fact the 'best' anima power is spirit bound which buff ur covenant ability -.-
    So tell me which class u have first, i had a run at layer8 floor 17 on my warlock with felguard 1.5 million hp who deals 60% of party dmg and wild imps close to 100 and dreadstalks in dozens (we wiped on rats, we literally didn't imagine rats hit that hard, they of course killed me since felguard was pretty much a raid boss), rogue get deal dmg to sap/blind, vendetta buffet, heal/dmg combo in/out stealth, and so much more amazing anima power
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

The only time I feel that I am even close to what I also heard the streamers say is when I’m doing more damage and healing myself with whirlwind at the same time - but being repeatedly stunned by the end boss on layer two and reduced to 20% health each time-even with all my fury ways to heal - isn’t fun- at over 190 ilv I shouldn’t die from repeated stuns ( I don’t suck that badly) and getting no soul ash after carefully getting all the buffs is not fun game time by anyone’s metric

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I absolutely hate Torghast, but I can see why some would like it.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

15+ Year Old Account
    I still like Torghast but only do it when I'm bored. If they attached Stygia rewards or had more events to mix things up it would be improved with out any significant rewards attached. They really need to give it the brawl treatment or weekly events at this point to mix things up. And if they attached some Stygia to it as well then it gives an alternative to farming/grinding if you wanted the sockets.

But I've done it only as a Demo Warlock so it has never been much of a struggle unless doing the higher layers of twisting corridors. And then that gets more frustrating then difficult.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I liked it.. No reason to run it anymore though, so hopefully next patch will be fun too.

Sucks wiping on floor 18 just because you cant counter the final boss, because you got unlucky.

Torghast would be fun without the torments. Some are worse than others, specifically the +HP one. It makes the run take so much longer. The fire damage one sucks too, but you can easily mitigate it after floor 3. I also think the trash density is too high in some places, and should be reduced. Usually, that is those big platforms where every single possible spot is filled with packs.

Finally, I'd like better rewards. TC should award soul ash so I can do that version once a week instead of the two normal mode ones. I might have to run one extra wing that way, but it's much better than doing 5 wings each week. Also, I want there to be a decent sized chunk of anima as a reward for each wing you complete (6 floors). While I might not run it more, this will give people who love it a reward for doing extra runs each week.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post

The fun part of rogue-lites for me, is when your escalation begins getting out of control.

We currently don't get that too often with only 6 floors.
    ^This. That OP feeling doesn't seem to happen until towards the end.
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

Because back then fun hadn't been detected by Blizzard. Thank you, Streamers, for so loudly point out how fun it actually was.

I love Torghast in theory and was a huge proponent of it at launch, but there's too much missing for me to care too much about it now.

I feel like there's not enough variety in the powers. I don't feel like the powers I get change the way I play. It's more like a lithmus test: either I have the damage and survivability to succeed or I don't. The "gamechanging" abilities should be made more powerful and more rare.

Too many of the bosses are just DPS checks, which isn't fun. If there was a timed mode, DPS checks would be fine, but it kind of sucks for standard play. Torghast would be way more fun with mechanics you have to perform perfectly that ramped up in complexity as opposed to damage that ramped up over time until you can't survive anymore.

There's no real incentive to running Torghast after you get your legendaries. Even if it was just another way to get anima, at least I could work towards something. I like M+ and Torghast similarly, but M+ is actually meaningful at the level I'm playing. An internal progression system would be great! Maybe something like Hades that gives permanent buffs the more you play Torghast.

Torghast as it stands feels too much like a prototype. I'm really excited to see what it becomes in the future... As long as Blizzard continues to support it and doesn't give up on it.

I expected Torghast to be like the withered training scenario in Legion where you get a bit further every time, unlock powers and get some reward at the end even if it's a failure.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's too repetitive.
    While repetition is the core of any roguelike, it's compensated for by the variety in floors, enemies and power ups which Torghast severely lacks.
    After just a very few runs you have seen pretty much all there is to see and it doesn't exactly help that a lot of the powers aren't particularly interesting.

Nor are the runs long enough to let you properly ramp up in power, but we all know that if they were any longer people would bitch.
    Which wouldn't be a problem as the Twisting Corridor is a thing, but since they scrapped the cosmetic currency and vendors that they planned early on, there is absolutely no reason to run it once you got all the one-time rewards, if you ever were interested in those in the first place.

Formerly known as Arafal

Torghast is like Alterac Valley:

It was an nearly endless Rogue experience where at the end you were so overpowered that it was funny to play.
    But blizzard didn't like how we had fun, so they nerfed the heck out of it:
    Making it shorter so that we can't get so many anima-powers, nerfing the amount of anima-powers you can get, removing anima powers that were overpowered or nerfing them and so on.

In the end blizzard had their vision and nerfed every single piece of fun it actually was out of it. From the endless run it was supposed to be was nothing left anymore. It's the same as alterac valley: it was fun, ok it took sometimes days to finish, but that was not what blizzard wanted, so they nerfed the hell out of it to finish their target goals instead of listening what some players wanted.

Blizzard has a plan that they need to fullfil, no matter if maybe an alternative would be more fun and better.

The reason we do repetitive tasks in games is because there are solid rewards behind them. Raids are repetitive tasks; for better guilds farm lasts several times as long as progress. The reason enough people participate on farm is gearing.

During the beta, Torghast rewards were not clear. For a good long while, every time you cleared Torghast you got a lot of placeholder items. People assumed that there would be rewards. Also a lot of testers were playing Torghast in a PTR environment, hopping from class to class and checking different specs; this made the gameplay feel far less repetitive. On live, most of us will play it with the most efficient spec for our class and most people do not have a massive stable of alts that they run Torghast through.

so getting legendaries isn't a reward enough for you?
    it's like you already own those legendaries and godknowswhy have to work for them

it's a miserable existence and it 100% extends to your real life, please consider a therapist or atleast binge-watch some Jordan Peterson on YT
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

if you like torghast, youd be better served playing diablo 3. torghast = rifts. the graphics are better in d3.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.