Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    A lore character saying something is EXACTLY what makes canon. Blizzard putting it into THEIR game makes it their opinion.
    No that's not what makes something canon. If that were the case, the Old Gods would be more powerful than Sargeras, yet the Aspects together could beat them. because someone said that.

Anduin Identifies as a Priest, that's Anduin's own opinion of himself, however Anduin doesn't fit the criteria of a priest in warcraft anymore, he's now fits the criteria of a Paladin. And I'm not talking about him joining the KNights of the Silverhand or something like that, but that fact that he's a plate wearer, wielding a twohand sword, using melee light abilities and such. The Zandalari Prelates are elite followers of Rezan, they use plate armor, two handed weapons and wield the light through worship of Rezan. If they're Paladins, then so is Anduin.

This for @jackofwind too
    If you knew how the first Paladins came about, this wouldn't even be a debate anymore, they were priests who took up arms and fought with plate and two handed weapons... Anduin is a priest who took up wearing plate and wielding a two handed weapon into combat...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Except for the fact that Blizzard has went on the record multiple times stating that Anduin is NOT a paladin but that he is a priest. YOUR opinion on what criteria makes one a priest and what criteria makes one a paladin doesn't mean jack shit because YOU are not who writes the lore for Warcraft...Blizzard does. And Blizzard has stated he is a priest not a paladin.

Heroes of the Storm hero spotlight talks about Anduin so at the 15 second mark it clearly states what Blizzard has defined him as (and this is the official HOTS YouTube channel & video)
    at the 15 second mark it talks about what her pursued as a teen, does not state that he is a priest now. They even follow it up wit him that "Fate was not done with him, YEARS LATER" and "Taking up the crown, Anduin has learned that peace must be fought for" as he puts on a plate helm.

Sorry but unless there was other statements, this says nothing but that in the beginning he was a priest, which no one argues with. Most paladins started off as priests and transitioned into paladins, during times of war just like... anduin

Also anything said in HotS or done in HotS, as far as I'm aware... isn't canon to Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    If you knew how the first Paladins came about, this wouldn't even be a debate anymore, they were priests who took up arms and fought with plate and two handed weapons... Anduin is a priest who took up wearing plate and wielding a two handed weapon into combat...
    Except that he's not physically infused with the Light, which is what gives a Paladin their powers and is inherently different to the powers of a Priest. This is a basic requirement and you obviously haven't read the books that discuss it (Arthas/Blood and Honor)

But I honestly wouldn't expect someone who rejects the very premise that the creator of a fantasy character can dictate what they are to be able to understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Also anything said in HotS or done in HotS, as far as I'm aware... isn't canon to Warcraft.
    Character descriptions from HoTS are canon for all Blizzard IPs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    I'm sorry but if it's not in the game then it's really crappy design. Not saying that you're wrong but requiring you to read books in order to understand what's going on in the game is bullshit. Imagine if Cyberpunk 2077 came out and it was all convoluted and missing a lot of pieces only then to find out that you have to spend hours upon hours reading books in order to follow along, the game would be review bombed to hell and refunded.
    Sure but that's WoW in a nuthsell for you - the lore isn't in the game and requires you to constantly read additional material to get the whole picture.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but unless there was other statements, this says nothing but that in the beginning he was a priest, which no one argues with. Most paladins started off as priests and transitioned into paladins, during times of war just like... anduin

Are you going to completely ignore this part of the post where in 2017 (just 3 years ago during BFA time btw) Blizzard flat out said:

Finally transcript from Blizzcon 2017 Q&A panal where "Nick from Illidan" asks the question point blank "Also, is Anduin a paladin officially?" and the response from Alex Afrasiabi the former (left Blizzard in June 2020 after working for Blizzard since 2004) creative director at Blizzard who went by the name Valnoth on the official forums: "Anduin is 100% not a Paladin. He is a priest. He is just a hero character, and hero characters can do things that normal priests cannot."

15+ Year Old Account
    No that's not what makes something canon. If that were the case, the Old Gods would be more powerful than Sargeras, yet the Aspects together could beat them. because someone said that.

Anduin Identifies as a Priest, that's Anduin's own opinion of himself, however Anduin doesn't fit the criteria of a priest in warcraft anymore, he's now fits the criteria of a Paladin. And I'm not talking about him joining the KNights of the Silverhand or something like that, but that fact that he's a plate wearer, wielding a twohand sword, using melee light abilities and such. The Zandalari Prelates are elite followers of Rezan, they use plate armor, two handed weapons and wield the light through worship of Rezan. If they're Paladins, then so is Anduin.

This for @jackofwind too

- - - Updated - - -

at the 15 second mark it talks about what her pursued as a teen, does not state that he is a priest now. They even follow it up wit him that "Fate was not done with him, YEARS LATER" and "Taking up the crown, Anduin has learned that peace must be fought for" as he puts on a plate helm.

Anduin has not progressed from Priest. His path and outlook on life is not martial in any way shape or form and the only fighting he has ever done was required on him by another roll as KING OF FUCKING STORMWIND, LEADER OF THE ALLIANCE AND MAN OF MANY FINE HATS!

It was a nice lion hat in BfA.

The first thing he does in any situation is look to the light, not a weapon. He's a man of peace. The problem with the logic of most of the people here is taking game restrictions and applying them to what he is in the story. There's always a separation of story and game. Wearing tin and using your fathers sword does not mean you're a paladin. It's purely a game limitation to provide class distinction.
    Last edited by Malania; 2020-12-15 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Start of WoD he had them. End of WoD he didn't. Turning point was his execution of Garrosh. That's not even a Shaman specific storyline, that was the end of the Nagrand storyline, so it should have been kinda hard to miss.
    What? I don't remember that at all. Been reading his wiki but it's a lot and didn't read it thorougly but couldn't find anything about losing his shamanistic powers. You don't happen to have a link to that or so? WoD was a while a go as well but I feel like I should not have missed that part. I did not think of the death of Garrosh being the tiping point. He used his powers there so I thought he had them and assumed he kept them afterwards. I'm not very good at reading between lines either :P
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    What? I don't remember that at all. Been reading his wiki but it's a lot and didn't read it thorougly but couldn't find anything about losing his shamanistic powers. You don't happen to have a link to that or so? WoD was a while a go as well but I feel like I should not have missed that part. I did not think of the death of Garrosh being the tiping point. He used his powers there so I thought he had them and assumed he kept them afterwards. I'm not very good at reading between lines either :P
    Thrall feels like he used the elements for vengeance instead of justice when he killed Garrosh. so his self doubt has been blocking himself from hearing the Elements.
    Some of the shadowlands spoilers i saw hint at some possible good change for thrall.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    Thrall feels like he used the elements for vengeance instead of justice when he killed Garrosh. so his self doubt has been blocking himself from hearing the Elements.
    Some of the shadowlands spoilers i saw hint at some possible good change for thrall.
    It's also important to remember that Shamans ask the elements for help rather than weaving spells or something like that. The elements are to our knowledge cool with helping Thrall - the problem is he isn't asking.

Thrall is a warrior now.
    Anduin is a priest.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Nah, anduin is a priest, he solely uses priest magic and the only thing he can do with his sword is basically auto attack. The same way you could do on your priest if armor restrictions were lifted.
    But priest can't wield swords. So your idea isn't great He uses Holy spells, wears plate, and wields a sword. Dude is totally a Paladin that was trained as a Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Hero2Zer0 View Post
    But priest can't wield swords. So your idea isn't great He uses Holy spells, wears plate, and wields a sword. Dude is totally a Paladin that was trained as a Priest
    do you enjoy refusing to listen?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Lore priests can wield everything and use any type of armor.

Lore priests can wield everything and use any type of armor.
    As can everybody else, for that matter. Gear restrictions are purely game mechanics that have no relevance to lore.

He didn't show anything to consider him a paladin. Literally nothing.
    Sword, armor, holy magic. That's a paladin motherfucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    Sword, armor, holy magic. That's a paladin motherfucker.
    Nope, that is not what makes you paladin.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Why can't a priest wield a sword? Will it constantly fall off his hand because Warcraft Universe has magical limitations on what people can or can't use? In Warcraft lore, paladins tend to belong to a certain order (Silver Hand, Blood Knights, Sunwalkers, etc). Which Order did Anduin join? If he suddenly picks up a bow and makes use of it, he's suddenly a hunter?

People need to stop applying video game logic to the lore that extends beyond said game.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Through WotLK, Thrall was a warrior. He became a Shaman to take on the aspect of Earth duties to bring Deathwing down. As for Anduin, he is a Paladin, which is a plate wearing priest.
    Thrall was already a shaman in WC3. This is wrong.

Anduin isn't a paladin or priest, he's a Dreadlord.