Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    You can kind of see it in the latter seasons. The Hodor thing, for example, makes sense. As the Raven, Bran goes back in time to tell Hodor to "Hold the Door," but Bran, who is literally a child and doesn't understand the consequences of his meddling with time, literally fries his brain so bad that all he can say is "Hold the door" until it disintegrates into the childish babbling of "Hodor." The problem, of course, is how they (D&D) got to that point in the first place - where Bran gets randomly touched by an undead minion of a white walker while.....idk, playing with Jojen outside? And then killing Jojen, a fucking living greenseer, for that mistake that surely D&D wrote, and that touch being enough for the White Walkers to know where Bran is and get through the magical wards set by the Three Eyed Raven. And then the aftermath of that journey is that 3ER dies, Jojen dies, Meera is forgotten, and their father, literally the only living witness to L+R=J in the books, is just completely not introduced. And Bran becomes a powerful warg and...philosopher? after literally nothing. You can see that GRRM gave them the Hodor piece, but not how shit led up to it, or the fallout from it.

Man, I get angry thinking of seasons 5 and onward of that show.
    Yup. And how the whole warg thing went literally nowhere. Did he ever actually use it for anything? I thought for sure they would have him do something in the battle with the Night King but nope. There was a shot that I guess was to imply Bran warged into a raven or something but did nothing with that. Again, it was almost certainly something GRRM set up for some future event but D&D had no idea what to do with it so just ignored it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    How can you make a list for sitcoms and not mention How I Met Your Mother? The whole last season and especially the last episode was a complete abomination that managed to make everything before it irrelevant.

Beyond that, everything in GoT after season 4 where they steadily put the "zombies" (because really, that's what they were aiming for) front and centre as the big bad and thus making everything else irrelevant. The writing going to the dogs didn't help either while as much as people bitch about Daenerys portrayal, she has has nothing on Mr "she's my queen/I don't want it"!

Star Wars going to Disney rounds up the top 3 for me, even if Rogue One and the Mandalorian were ace.
    Honestly, I,'ve never been bothered by HIMYM' ending.
    It felt weird and out of nowhere, but I think the over-reaction of hatred is mostly unjustified.

For GoT, it's a specific situation. The global frame was too complex to be ended properly. It's a very classic problem with heavy fantasy lore like this, even more when so popular, with Internet and all the speculations (hi WoW !)
    I think they went where they had to go on a narrative standpoint. But they went there the wrong way, especially regarding character development / flourishing.
    For the Zombie Army, they didn't fail it in the end, but they failed them by showing them as a huge topic in the pilot's intro and litterally forgetting about them for 5 years. Their return as the main antagonists felt out of the blue and misplaced regarding everything that happened before.
    But it was still absolutely logical than they had to be this final villain.

I'm really not that mad about GoT. 8 years of speculations, hardcore fanatism on forums plus the books which have a different storyline. Could never have been perfectly done. So... i'll take what they gave and move on ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Turning The Mandarin into a joke in Iron Man 3.
    How do you prevent a movie from turning into snooze fest like it’s predecessor? You completely subvert people’s expectations about what the villain should be.

The real Mandarin will get a second chance next spring. Let’s hope it’s a better movie than IM2.