View Poll Results: Verdict?

Voters
4. This poll is closed
  • Not Guility

2 50.00%
  • Guility

2 50.00%

Thumbs up National Guard sent to Kenosha before veredict of Kyle Rittenhouse

MADISON, Wis. (WMTV) - Governor Tony Evers has authorized 500 Wisconsin Army National Guard troops Friday to head to Kenosha to ensure public safety in the city.

The troops reporting for State Active Duty will support local law enforcement agencies. Evers noted hundreds of officers from local volunteering law enforcement agencies have also agreed to help.

The governor did not state why he was sending the Army National Guard troops to the city, but said he wanted to ensure the state provides the resources to “keep the Kenosha community and greater area safe.”

The defense rested its case Thursday at the trial of Kyle Rittenhouse, who is accused of killing two men and wounding a third during the unrest that erupted in Kenosha last year from the wounding of Jacob Blake. This sets the stage for closing arguments Monday, the judge indicated.

“The Kenosha community has been strong, resilient, and has come together through incredibly difficult times these past two years, and that healing is still ongoing,” Evers said. “I urge folks who are otherwise not from the area to please respect the community by reconsidering any plans to travel there and encourage those who might choose to assemble and exercise their First Amendment rights to do so safely and peacefully.”

The National Guard troops will stage outside of the city as a standby to respond if local law enforcement request their help.

“We stand ready to support our communities during times of need,” said Maj. Gen. Paul Knapp, Wisconsin’s adjutant general.

Gov. Evers noted the National Guard may not be used to prevent people from protesting peacefully, nor impede news agencies’ ability to report the events.

Wisconsin’s Emergency Operations Center told NBC15 it is on standby if a request for additional state assistance is requested. Wisconsin Emergency Management staff are working with state and local partners currently.
    Doesn't sound good at all. I hope this guy doesn't get off whether or not it was self defense, this guy killed unarmed people in Kenosha and should get a lengthy sentence.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Doesn't sound good at all. I hope this guy doesn't get off whether or not it was self defense, this guy killed unarmed people in Kenosha and should get a lengthy sentence.
    There's already a huge thread on this topic... And "he shouldn't get off even if he's found not guilty" is stupid as hell. Our legal system is messed up enough as it is without adding the prospect of a person being unable to defend themselves in court. That's some dystopian shit right there.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-11-14 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    There's already a huge thread on this topic... And "he shouldn't get off even if he's found not guilty" is stupid as hell.
    i think that one got closed because someone was threatening someone
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    i think that one got closed because someone was threatening someone
    It's in the I can't breathe thread.

5+ Year Old Account
    Exactly what was stated above. Continue there.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."