Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
    After three consecutive resets of getting nothing from it, I have to disagree.
    How many options are you unlocking per week?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightstrike View Post
    Personally I am fine with there being less loot. I think the weekly vault does some heavy lifting to balance out RNG but I also think it does a decent job of it.

I think that while a lot of people are crying out for badges to return and that doing the dungeon for anima sucks, it's important to remember that anima isn't the consolation prize, everyone gets it. If you didn't get loot then you didn't get loot, period.

And regarding the return of badges, I think a better solution would be for the badges to purchase a one-use item which increases the ilvl of a piece of BoE gear to something more useful. I can see arguments for this being restricted to be the rare quality BoE craftables but also extra uses for the legendary precursors too. Either way if it were something that bolsters professions then I think that's better than just giving people gear directly.

It does mean that trinkets and weapons are then very restricted but I also think that's perfectly fine, trinkets and weapons are meant to be more special anyway.
    I have yet to understand how the vault lifts rng, unless once you open the vault you can choose X objects from a list of Y objects.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I have yet to understand how the vault lifts rng, unless once you open the vault you can choose X objects from a list of Y objects.
    It's a vast improvement over the chest we had BfA. At least now you have the option to get more choices in your box whereas previously the option was to hope RNJesus is on your side and you get a omegaforged item in your box with the stats/slot you needed. I often referred to it as my "weekly box of disappointment," something I don't find myself thinking nearly as much in SL.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    It's a vast improvement over the chest we had BfA. At least now you have the option to get more choices in your box whereas previously the option was to hope RNJesus is on your side and you get a omegaforged item in your box with the stats/slot you needed. I often referred to it as my "weekly box of disappointment," something I don't find myself thinking nearly as much in SL.
    Honestly, from my “I don’t play 30 hours per week” perspective it’s far to be an improvement. Running mythic give basically no rewards now, while in the past I could improve my stats even only running them. The vault was a nice plus but I didn’t have to rely onto it.

Now there is only the vault and since I doubt the system is coded to always offer you a piece that is an upgrade or as I said 1/2/3 pieces from a list of 15-16 pieces that are all upgrades, for me is a big step behind. Moving from being in the sand up to the neck to being in the sand up to the chest is surely an improvement, but you’re still in the sand.

I don't mind the low amount of loot but it can completely cripple classes that need a high ilvl weapon. A lot of raiders are feeling forced to pvp as it's the only guaranteed way to get one. That's not good design. Having low loot but more choice would be a nice middleground imo i.e. PvE tokens/badges

I don't have any piece of gear from raids, so while M+ might be bad, raid loot seems worse.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    How many options are you unlocking per week?
    4-5, depending on how many raids I can get in for, and how many M+ I can find time for during a reset.

EDIT: Oh, and also because I don't PvP. Mostly due to available time, but also due to the fact that it often entails hours and hours of losing matches, for very little honour in return. I'm only an average PvPer, and I cannot control the skills of my teammates, so it's just not worth the investment (plus the GV only counts Conquest gains from rated PvP, which I know I am not good enough to do).
    Last edited by Mystikal; 2021-01-03 at 05:42 PM. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    It's simple. For the majority of players, the vault will yield the highest ilvl item for any given slot eventually. So someone who is "lucky" will end up getting 5-10 ilvl upgrades where those who are "unlucky" end up getting the bigger upgrades and will catch up somewhat.

Over time it will help cancel out some of the disparity in "luck".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
    After three consecutive resets of getting nothing from it, I have to disagree.
    You're very much in the minority unless you've been doing bare minimum.

I still feel it's too much loot.

I clear around 4 Mythic+ (+7/+8) a week and i'm already at ilvl 200. It should be slower

It made me not do m+ at all.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightstrike View Post
    You're very much in the minority unless you've been doing bare minimum.
    Which, if you've read my previous posts, you would know I am not - getting 4-5 GV slots unlocked each week. I might be in the unlucky end of the spectrum, but it's a million times worse because loot is so scarce everywhere else. Getting nothing from M0, raids and the GV, and virtually nothing from M+, for three resets is both infuriating and disappointing. At least in BfA, if my weekly chest was a bust, I'd still get a few items elsewhere during the reset, and with the chances of WF / TF and/or a socket, still stood some chance of a sidegrade, if not an upgrade.

It sucks because I want to join my guild in heroic CN but, because of my terrible luck, my overall ilvl is just too low.

Like damn, I got more drops in 3 hours of Timewalking Ulduar (got 4, gave 1 away) then the last 10 M+ runs I suffered through. Less repair bills no doubt, and I could use lower level gear so even less cost to repair some stuff.

Im done with M+ with maybe 1 a week at most. If I don't let my account expire.

Week 1 in CN, I got 2 pieces. Week 2 and 3 I got one drop each week between all the bosses, too bad one was a duplicate and the other was a downgrade in secondary stats. Wish they could put in some sort of "protection" against receiving duplicates. I get a whole 2 drops and my third is a duplicate of one I already had out of all the other possible combination? Such a kick in the ass.

I think blizzard should just admit they were wrong about loot, push the max ilvl to 213 in +15s and give 3 loots at the end of the dungeon, it's a bit sad 15s give less ilvl than getting challenger in pvp which takes little to no effort (can just do it in rbgs if you're bad at pvp)

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Considering the top-end Mythic raiders are almost 20 ilvls above the curve, I can't see the evidence behind this reasoning.
    I think the most ridiculous part of the current gearing system are BOEs. If you look at the gear of top end mythic raiders they will most like have 3-4 mythic BOEs if not more. Currently it is more effective to do Mythic BOE farms than to kill actual Mythic bosses which is just insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ran 16 dungeons ranging 11-14 the past 3 weeks. I got 2 items of which 1 I disenchanted and one sad 203 trinket I am using for lack of better.

It feels so unrewarding to do m+ right now, I think I’ll just do 4 a week for two slots in the vault and call it a day.

Raids aint much better. I have gotten some decent drops but a priest in my guild went over 24 bosses killend and not a single drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm okay with ordinary M+ drops, but weekly chest for M+ is too much for too little effort. Raider have to kill 4 mythic bosses which is not comparable to a single M+14 not in time. It should be nerfed, 226 gear should be available for something like M+20 in timer.