Page 41 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    After WoW actually ends and ends up being on life support. Give it 10 years or so and they can do a huge comeback in MMO with WoW 2.
    As long as WoW is successful though... not a chance.

Translating everything people have collected in current WoW to WoW 2 would be incredible amount of work and I don't think players want to "reset".
    That was one of the main problems with eq2 was a fresh start from eq1

While a necessity, there’s ways around it. For WoW, maybe make it so every Mount or pet on the account is “passed down” and your character in WoW 2 is a descendant of your WoW character.

People would be more inclined to start over if their mounts and pets joined them in wow2

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    That was one of the main problems with eq2 was a fresh start from eq1

While a necessity, there’s ways around it. For WoW, maybe make it so every Mount or pet on the account is “passed down” and your character in WoW 2 is a descendant of your WoW character.

People would be more inclined to start over if their mounts and pets joined them in wow2
    yeah but that's what I'm saying is the daunting task which isn't feasible... WoW 2 implies graphical overhaul as well. I don't think anyone would be happy if they kept exact same graphics as is now and all WoW 2 is a time skip to some other era or whatever. People want new things.

Remaking every single collectible to the new graphical standard is just too much. You have 15 years of collectible content that need to be remade for WoW 2. Or they have to be selective, but then question arise, which one should be passed on and which shouldn't?
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    How are you enjoying world bosses? It's a zergfest and lagfest simultaneously that lasts a grand total of 2 minutes per week.

Like, what?
    Every "world boss" since Pandaria has been a Zergfest lasting two minutes once a week. I enjoy them for the gear, the memories, and the 250 anima toward my 1000 per week (x2 as Night Fae) needed in my covenant. "Enjoyment" is subjective, so that is my version of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    The content you consume requires little to no gear and doesn't stress player performance hard enough to make the cracks in the covenant system or the gaping holes in some classes kits visible. The gearing systems are laughably broken. People are quitting on mass because content they could in previous tiers accomplish takes substantially longer because the gains from gear are lower leverage than in the past and the means to obtain that gear are both much slower than before and unbalanced in wacky and hilarious ways (there is no way to obtain 233 weapons from M+ for example, so that "pillar of endgame" doesn't stand alone).
    I keep hearing this "on mass/en mass/in mass" line from people who want to sound like an authority on the subject, yet have no actual hard data to prove how many people are leaving, or why. Mythic + has never been easier, and with the new Valor catch up system, it makes this one of the more alt friendly expacs. This "hardmore challenge" group has always been a vocal minority and aren't even represented on these forums because when a Mythic player finally quits, they do so quietly, through the feedback system in battlenet, not like the I-Quitters who frequent places like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cateran100 View Post
    Please...enlighten me...what is so amazing in them? Fae ring which is so piss poorly desgined if anyone goes just a ltttle bit sooner than you, you can`t kill any1 for a while? Or the conservatory which gives you a daily to do a daily in Ardenweald? Impressive, hands down
    What's impressive to me is the unique approach that was taken to a few of these vs what we have seen in the past. As for "fighting for resources during a world quest", that has been a thing since classic. I can't help people being butthurt about a video game where it might take an extra 3 minutes to get something done. If you are tired of competing for things in the open world, perhaps there is a NON-MMO you might wish to play somewhere else.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

I can only speak for my own experience. But we made a new guild in Legion, from scraps of previous guilds. We are still playing in the same guild. In legion we went strong the entire expansion. Lost a few who came back later. Bfa we had some members quitting here and there, but came back for the next tier only to quit later for the next again and so on. But we had a full raid team all of bfa and killed the end boss and farmed it for a long ass time. Almost til the next tier. We are now, not even halfways through shadowlands first tier, and we had to go on a break due to not having enough raiders. Everyone quit. My friends list which is always full. 50+ dudes at any time, is now down to 5-6 at most. Sl is the worst expansion i have seen, based on this rather limited data, but its data directly related to me, so yolo

That's true even without azerite...
    I can't come close to performing as frost with my fire gear.
    But when it comes to this type of statements, man do you look like a troll, and from the face that you shi7 on anything except BFA, since the vast majority of people didn't liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    It's really "Me and my friends are quitting" and since that's everyone they know they assume that that must be true for everyone else as well

I quit WoW recently for a variety of reasons but I have no illusions that it's indicative of some groundswell of dissatisfaction with the game. Either people are leaving, or they're not, or they're joining ... who knows? If Blizzard starts developing with my playstyle in mind maybe I'd play again, maybe I'll be happy where I've moved on to and not come back even then. For some people, it takes a good while to overcome the investment they have in the game and so they rage against what it's become and intimate that it's dying because they're not being catered to.
    Very true. Some of us have 15+ years tied up in this game, and whether we choose to use the word "addiction" or not is another story. They deviated from my playstyle when we left Cata and went into MoP. But, as someone who enjoys the game, his dragons, and the friends he has made along the way, $15 a month to spend a few hours a week just logging in and seeing something new is enough for me. Personally, I am really loving this expac. Some people hate it with a fiery passion. I can respect that. I hated MoP and WoD more than any other expac in the franchise's history.

yeah but that's what I'm saying is the daunting task which isn't feasible... WoW 2 implies graphical overhaul as well. I don't think anyone would be happy if they kept exact same graphics as is now and all WoW 2 is a time skip to some other era or whatever. People want new things.

Remaking every single collectible to the new graphical standard is just too much. You have 15 years of collectible content that need to be remade for WoW 2. Or they have to be selective, but then question arise, which one should be passed on and which shouldn't?
    My thoughts exactly. They are just making systems that cater to a small portion of players. They are obsessed with M+ and Raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechagnome View Post
    I keep hearing this "on mass/en mass/in mass" line from people who want to sound like an authority on the subject, yet have no actual hard data to prove how many people are leaving, or why. Mythic + has never been easier, and with the new Valor catch up system, it makes this one of the more alt friendly expacs. This "hardmore challenge" group has always been a vocal minority and aren't even represented on these forums because when a Mythic player finally quits, they do so quietly, through the feedback system in battlenet, not like the I-Quitters who frequent places like this.
    If you participate in the recruitment operations for even marginally successful raid teams you're part of a variety of recruitment discords or communities, it is trivial to spot the interest level in high end raiding declining through the volume and quality of candidates in these places week over week and make a marginally educated guess about how participation is. I wasn't aware that a decline in participation in high end PVE content was in question, but that was not my point. You're allowed to enjoy the elements of the game that you enjoy, but I was pointing out, for clarity that the elements you professed to participate in, and the systems that are maligned by the community don't intersect in the slightest.

Shadowlands was great for like two weeks before you realized that casuals had no character progression at all. If you you're part of the majority who don't do premade group content you can either unsubscribe or do old content because shadowlands has nothing for you.

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    If you participate in the recruitment operations for even marginally successful raid teams you're part of a variety of recruitment discords or communities, it is trivial to spot the interest level in high end raiding declining through the volume and quality of candidates in these places week over week and make a marginally educated guess about how participation is. I wasn't aware that a decline in participation in high end PVE content was in question, but that was not my point. You're allowed to enjoy the elements of the game that you enjoy, but I was pointing out, for clarity that the elements you professed to participate in, and the systems that are maligned by the community don't intersect in the slightest.
    I don't recruit for raids, and am merely another member my discord and guild community. As for the decline in participation of ANY sort, I am on Proudmoore and see hundreds of players in every zone, and more than that in Oribos and Stormwind. Anyone who sits in here and claims to know about some mass exodus, without working for Blizz and seeing the actual numbers and the feedback that comes with the Unsub Survey, everything is personal, speculative, non-substantiated evidence comprised of anecdotal experience. I won't sit here and claim there are 12 million players just as others should not sit here and claim the game is under 2M players. None of us have solid proof, purely opinion and conjecture.

10+ Year Old Account
    To me the expansions ranked, in order, go like this:

TBC > Legion > Wrath > Cata > MoP > SL > BfA > WoD

SL was fun at first but I very quickly went back to Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    To me the expansions ranked, in order, go like this:

TBC > Legion > Wrath > Cata > MoP > SL > BfA > WoD

SL was fun at first but I very quickly went back to Classic.
    For me, it was Wrath > Legion > MoP > BfA > TBC > Vanilla > WoD > Cata > SL

I will not being playing any of the retreads.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

To me it's:

TBC > Legion > WotLK > SL > Cata > MoP > WoD > Vanilla > Pile of Shit > Utter Garbage > BfA

Quote Originally Posted by Mechagnome View Post
    I keep hearing this "on mass/en mass/in mass" line from people who want to sound like an authority on the subject, yet have no actual hard data to prove how many people are leaving, or why.
    I never see anyone who can deny harder. Anyone who are playing the game knows this fact.

You are standing in front of a burning house and asking proof that it is on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    I never see anyone who can deny harder. Anyone who are playing the game knows this fact.

You are standing in front of a burning house and asking proof that it is on fire.
    More accurately. Standing in front of a burning building with his back turned to it, feeling the heat in the back, hearing people screaming "Fire!", and saying "I don't see any evidence the building is on fire".

5+ Year Old Account
    As long as (most) casual players find a brick wall in their toon's power progression (the only way of actual character progression available as of now), they will leave. Take a dump on them a couple more times, and it will be up to the uber mythic folks to pay up for the game's expenses, plus Bobby Kotick's new yearly yacht. That will surely work fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post

I am playing on Proudmoore where according to RealmPop there are more than 14k active players. I can't speak for every server and every player like some of you are doing. It must be nice to have numbers that even Blizz doesn't share.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    More accurately. Standing in front of a burning building with his back turned to it, feeling the heat in the back, hearing people screaming "Fire!", and saying "I don't see any evidence the building is on fire".
    A little more self-reflection would do you two well.

What with your entire argument essentially being "everybody can see it" when presented with evidence that everybody cannot, in fact, see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    As long as (most) casual players find a brick wall in their toon's power progression (the only way of actual character progression available as of now), they will leave. Take a dump on them a couple more times, and it will be up to the uber mythic folks to pay up for the game's expenses, plus Bobby Kotick's new yearly yacht. That will surely work fine.
    I mean that's pretty much it right here. The game refuses to offer them progress past a certain point without demanding they participate in content that they don't want to or is unsuitable. I mean people did pug content before but pugging this expansion is obnoxious. Especially M+.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I mean that's pretty much it right here. The game refuses to offer them progress past a certain point without demanding they participate in content that they don't want to or is unsuitable. I mean people did pug content before but pugging this expansion is obnoxious. Especially M+.
    You make that sound like it is in any way unusual. You'd probably have more trouble finding games that don't do that. Nor would i consider doing that sensible.