Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    You mean to tell me Luke’s straight laced friends who were trying to join the military to leave the planet for better lives don’t look the same as people staying on the planet and stealing things after the fall of both the crime lord who ran the planet and the empire who kept said crime lord “in check”? What ever could have caused such a discrepancy??
    You're right. That's why everyone in the Cantina looked like they belonged on Jem and the Holograms. Hell they even show Greedo rolling up to the Cantina in a Barbie pink landspeeder. Its sad that people forget this and think the speeder gang looked out of place.

Somehow everytime people don’t like something it becomes ‘oh Kathleen Kennedy is to blame for woke shit’. But when it’s good, ‘Favreau is a genius!’

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    cmon just after the wookieeeeee bites the green pig fellas neck, and that guy walks in spinning his little chain and then some other guy jumps down 3 steps lmfao. Its so fucking bad. Almost as funny as the wookieeeee running away after hes set free.

This shit is hot garbage, ill keep watching it because i find it funny when shows are this bad.
    Untrained street thugs ... again.

I am sorry you are spoiled by movies and shows where all the street gangs are paramilitary ninjas that are unrealistically awesome beyond measure who still somehow get mowed down like tin soldiers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Somehow everytime people don’t like something it becomes ‘oh Kathleen Kennedy is to blame for woke shit’. But when it’s good, ‘Favreau is a genius!’
    When Star Wars bad? Kennedy's fault.
    When Star Wars good? Kennedy did nothing.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Untrained street thugs ... again.

I am sorry you are spoiled by movies and shows where all the street gangs are paramilitary ninjas that are unrealistically awesome beyond measure who still somehow get mowed down like tin soldiers.
    buddy im an untrained street thug and i when i have to throw bones i dont prance about like im a old batman villian.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The point of that scene is Luke realizing that they are the same and he can fall just like Vader did and choosing to stick to the light instead.
    No, the Palpatine is literally telling Luke to fulfill his destiny and take his father's place. Explicitly. But that's not what Luke is thinking about (because he doesn't need to since Palpatine is saying it) when he looks at the Vaders bionic hand he just chopped off and his that Vader chopped off. He remembers what Obi-wan told him about Vader being a machine, he remembers his vision in the cave. He is on the path of losing his humanity. Becomeing a twisted and evil machine for the Emperor. He has been all this time. The point is not that cybernetics is bad. The point was that this path leads to losing humanity. Via cybernetics. Via losing limbs. Dark side is all about hatred from pain. Luke didn't want to fight Vader from the beginning of that fight, he was running away from him all the time, it's only when Vader sniffed out Leia's existence that Luke got anrgy, and lashed out. just like he did in the beginning. But then he saw his destiny and stopped once again.
    It has literally nothing to do with bionics turning people evil or being for evil people.
    Never claimed that.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No, the Palpatine is literally telling Luke to fulfill his destiny and take his father's place. Explicitly. But that's not what Luke is thinking about (because he doesn't need to since Palpatine is saying it) when he looks at the Vaders bionic hand he just chopped off and his that Vader chopped off. He remembers what Obi-wan told him about Vader being a machine, he remembers his vision in the cave. He is on the path of losing his humanity. Becomeing a twisted and evil machine for the Emperor. He has been all this time. The point is not that cybernetics is bad. The point was that this path leads to losing humanity. Via cybernetics. Via losing limbs. Dark side is all about hatred from pain. Luke didn't want to fight Vader from the beginning of that fight, he was running away from him all the time, it's only when Vader sniffed out Leia's existence that Luke got anrgy, and lashed out. just like he did in the beginning. But then he saw his destiny and stopped once again.

Never claimed that.
    the cave scene is about him striking down Vader in anger and taking his place falling into the dark side.

Him looking to his hand in there actual fight is a reinforcement of that it’s showing that Vader is just like him and how he could fall just like him.

It has literally nothing to do with with becoming a machine or losing humanity through cybernetics.

These are just not themes in starwars like at all it’s a struggle between the light and dark sides of the force not transhumanizm.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-01-13 at 06:51 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    buddy im an untrained street thug and i when i have to throw bones i dont prance about like im a old batman villian.
    You have a very odd definition of "prance" because nothing in that scene is prance.

Also, you are literally talking about a Star Wars series on a Video Game Message Board and you think anyone here will believe you are a thug? Seriously? If that is true, I am the Queen of England.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    the cave scene is about him striking down Vader in anger and taking his place falling into the dark side.

Him looking to his hand in there actual fight is a reinforcement of that it’s showing that Vader is just like him and how he could fall just like him.

It has literally nothing to do with with becoming a machine or losing humanity through cybernetics.

These are just not themes in starwars like at all it’s a struggle between the light and dark sides of the force not transhumanizm.
    Transhumanism is certainly not the theme of Star Wars. Cybernetics are only accepted as a necessity. In all other cases, they are frowned upon. A person who decides to replace his eye with a camera for cool factor is an idiot in the Star Wars universe. Because he could just buy google glass instead.
    Also in Star Wars universe droids are considered less than second class. So it would be strange if cyborgs were treated as full sentients.
    And General Grievous is constantly ridiculed by certain Jedi about his droid-like cybernetics. Ironically it's his flesh that got him killed.

And if you look at all the legends material you will see this anti-cyborg sentiment as well. Star Wars is not Cyberpunk indeed.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    You're right. That's why everyone in the Cantina looked like they belonged on Jem and the Holograms. Hell they even show Greedo rolling up to the Cantina in a Barbie pink landspeeder. Its sad that people forget this and think the speeder gang looked out of place.
    Look at the difference between luke and the people at the cantina and then add 10 or so years and the fall of both power structures that kept the planet in check.

As to colour and speeders Mabye they finally found where they were keeping the pod racing supply’s.

All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

As to colour and speeders Mabye they finally found where they were keeping the pod racing supply’s.
    Pod Racers are built for function, with a paintjob on top. The Swoops in the show are chrome plated, which doesn't really suit that ramshackle built-out-of-parts-then-painted look of the Podracers.

I'm not a big fan of either, but at least the Podracers have a 'lived in' feel to them whereas the Swoop gang doesn't fit a city like Tatooine at all. They're supposed to be poor and out of work, but they could afford chrome plated vehicles and maintain their pristine, shiny exteriors in a sand-blasted desert city that barely manages its water supply. If that gang's been around, then those vehicles should look dirty as shit, covered in dust and grime from all the riding around the city that they do.

Like you remember the C3P0 droid they all ride past? They're usually chrome plated too, and that one was grimed up as fuck where you can barely tell what color he is. That's what those swoop bikes would be expected to look like. So grimed up you can barely tell what color they are.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-01-13 at 07:45 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Transhumanism is certainly not the theme of Star Wars.
    Exactly which in why in both the cave scene and his fight with Vader luke is struggling with the paths of the force and how not to fall down the same dark one as Vader not transhuman dread, him becoming a machine or losing his humanity to cybernetic’s is never a thing.

God this show is reaching new rock bottom.

&That glam-rock West Side Story gang riding round on their multi-coloured Vespas. What even????

At least there were less flashbacks this episode.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Pod Racers are built for function, with a paintjob on top. The Swoops in the show are chrome plated, which doesn't really suit that ramshackle built-out-of-parts-then-painted look of the Podracers.
    Given that they regularly use chrome for droids I doudt it’s a hard thing to come by in starwars.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The best part is that it is always the exact same people that do it, and it is utterly predictable. It's why this part of the forum always gives me a chuckle.
    Every forum has the same kind of people, but with different scapegoats and different topics of contention.

5+ Year Old Account
    Look at the difference between luke and the people at the cantina and then add 10 or so years and the fall of both power structures that kept the planet in check.

https://www.slashgear.com/wp-content...e-1280x720.jpg
    dude, don't post painted art n try to pass it off as on screen depictions..those pod racers colors were more muted n speeders looked worn..

Given that they regularly use chrome for droids I doudt it’s a hard thing to come by in starwars.
    No, but a gang that is meant to be portrayed as being poor/out of work can regularly keep their bikes in pristine condition doesn't make much sense.

Even C-3P0 in the original trilogy ended up looking very grimy from just being on Tatooine. I'm kinda surprised the swoops don't bother you at all .

10+ Year Old Account
    The nu-tech hipsters on atom punk vespas clashed far too much with the backdrop of Mos Espa, other than that I didn't have too much issue with the episode conceptually.

The Mod-esque attire, and the flawless bright finish on their vehicles are far too unrealistic on a desert world IMO. Had they been showing some wear or scrapes due to the harsh sand environment eroding their equipment it would have looked right at home.

I'll give it a pass though since these kids seem to only live in town, and haven't left the city. I do harshly criticize that coat that one kid wore. looked like a full winter coat... on Tatooine of all places...
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    dude, don't post painted art n try to pass it off as on screen depictions..those pod racers colors were more muted n speeders looked worn..

https://i.ibb.co/DG7kXRn/pods.jpg
    Sure here’s Anakins physical pod racer and the full scene to see how it was presented in full context.

I wouldn’t say they look poetically worn down.

I wouldn’t say they look poetically worn down.
    They also don't look like they're straight out of a glam-rock music video.

There's a world of difference in aesthetics between the two.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    No, but a gang that is meant to be portrayed as being poor/out of work can regularly keep their bikes in pristine condition doesn't make much sense.

Even C-3P0 in the original trilogy ended up looking very grimy from just being on Tatooine. I'm kinda surprised the swoops don't bother you at all .
    If we had never gotten the prequels Mabye iWould but even anakins racer had a shine to it and I’d expect the gangers to be able to go above and beyond him with how much stuff would have been up for grabs in the chaos following the fall of the empire.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    They also don't look like they're straight out of a glam-rock music video.

There's a world of difference in aesthetics between the two.
    Junk a little slave boy bought or found compared to a whole gang being able to steal find buy ect parts after the fall of the two empires on the planet and the chaos that follows.

I’d expect it to look worlds part one was made by a literal slave child after all.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-01-13 at 08:28 PM.