Page 20 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Its okay so far. Not bad. Not amazing either.

The Tusken parts were all really well done. The cyperpunk teens with vespas not so much.

EDIT : I still don't really understand who this series is supposed to appeal too? I imagine young kids have no idea who Boba Fett even is. And older fans probably like him for being a bounty hunter. So this whole "good guy" crimelord thing is an odd angle to go with. But I guess that's what happens when Disney is at the helm.
    I'm in my 30s and have no real issue with the 'appeal' of this show, so unsure what that point is.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Its okay so far. Not bad. Not amazing either.

The Tusken parts were all really well done. The cyperpunk teens with vespas not so much.

EDIT : I still don't really understand who this series is supposed to appeal too? I imagine young kids have no idea who Boba Fett even is. And older fans probably like him for being a bounty hunter. So this whole "good guy" crimelord thing is an odd angle to go with. But I guess that's what happens when Disney is at the helm.
    Well, kids don't really need to know who the main character even is before watching (though some young kids may know Boba Fett from watching the Prequels or The Clone Wars series. While those came out before they were born, my nieces love Avatar the Last Airbender and that series finale aired before my eldest niece was born.) A good show with an older character should give enough information for anyone unfamiliar with the character to understand them.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Well, kids don't really need to know who the main character even is before watching (though some young kids may know Boba Fett from watching the Prequels or The Clone Wars series. While those came out before they were born, my nieces love Avatar the Last Airbender and that series finale aired before my eldest niece was born.) A good show with an older character should give enough information for anyone unfamiliar with the character to understand them.
    That's true I suppose. And the Mandalorian seems to have been pretty popular with younger kids so I guess they understand a little about the character regardless.

I just thought something with Boba Fett would be a little grittier. But that could just be my own expectation.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's true I suppose. And the Mandalorian seems to have been pretty popular with younger kids so I guess they understand a little about the character regardless.

I just thought something with Boba Fett would be a little grittier. But that could just be my own expectation.
    That was my reaction too with the teaser at the end of Mandalorian Season 2, but with the first trailer, I could tell it wasn't going to be that much if at all grittier.

Right now, I can't say if I like it or hate the series. There is a lot of good, I like how they aren't making Boba Fett a blood thirsty idiot aka Chaotic Stupid. There is a lot in the series I like, however there are things with choices they made that are weird. The swoop gang is too clean to be poor on Tatooine, I can believe they would paint their speeders bright colors, but like they don't look like they live on Tatooine.

There are 4 episodes left so they can really only do set up for two more episodes at most. So hopefully we see more of where the plot is going this week and next week.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    You two are just shitposting, no other reason you are here, I specifically said she made one of the best Mandalorian episodes, n here you two are twisting my words.
    Repeatedly referring to the Bryce Dallas Howard as "Dino Lady" instead of ever using her actual name is disrespectful. It doesn't matter that you like her episode of the Mandalorian. Now, it's possible you weren't intentionally being disrespectful...in which case the appropriate response would be to say that and apologize.

- - - Updated - - -

That was my reaction too with the teaser at the end of Mandalorian Season 2, but with the first trailer, I could tell it wasn't going to be that much if at all grittier.

Right now, I can't say if I like it or hate the series. There is a lot of good, I like how they aren't making Boba Fett a blood thirsty idiot aka Chaotic Stupid. There is a lot in the series I like, however there are things with choices they made that are weird. The swoop gang is too clean to be poor on Tatooine, I can believe they would paint their speeders bright colors, but like they don't look like they live on Tatooine.

There are 4 episodes left so they can really only do set up for two more episodes at most. So hopefully we see more of where the plot is going this week and next week.
    Right now, for me the series is taking 2 steps forward and 1 step back with every episode. I think, by the end, it will be the kind of thing that holds up better in a binge watch rather than a week by week.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to saw now that people aren't being so reactionary. The bike gang is out of place. Not because they don't fit in the SW universe but because they look like they are from Corusant. That's easy fixed by saying Mos Eisley and Mos Espa are spaceports so it's not uncommon to see cultures clashing. They got the bikes from Nar Shadaa QED.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I"m surprised someone hasn't complained that this show is horrible because there are no Jedi in it.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I'm going to saw now that people aren't being so reactionary. The bike gang is out of place. Not because they don't fit in the SW universe but because they look like they are from Corusant. That's easy fixed by saying Mos Eisley and Mos Espa are spaceports so it's not uncommon to see cultures clashing. They got the bikes from Nar Shadaa QED.
    So why don't they use the spaceport to leave Tatooine for Coruscant? They had the monies for the bikes (and cybernetics they are proud of). Instead, they order bikes from Coruscant and bitch about no jobs and water prices.

See? The more you try to explain how ok they are - the deeper their background story gets - the more ridiculous and inconsistent it is.

There was another bike gang in the show - they were a real bike gang, they didn't care about water prices. They loved living on Tatooine. Boba kicked the shit out of them and stole their bikes.

I guess Rodrigez then went "I want something like this only physically and morally flashier, the whole deal with the chase and melee"
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Come on, they're teenagers with terrible fashion sense inspired by off world trends that are reaching the outer rim after the fall of the empire.

19 year olds wearing off the wall shit to stand out from the crowd is nothing new or surprising. Nor are 50s and 60s influenced styles in Star Wars.

We've barely begun to know them and people are passing judgement, it's not like we just had a whole two hour movie of Jar Jar Binks, they had 4 scenes in a tv episode. Not even sure we know all their names yet (outside of the credits)
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Come on, they're teenagers with terrible fashion sense inspired by off world trends that are reaching the outer rim after the fall of the empire.

19 year olds wearing off the wall shit to stand out from the crowd is nothing new or surprising. Nor are 50s and 60s influenced styles in Star Wars.

We've barely begun to know them and people are passing judgement, it's not like we just had a whole two hour movie of Jar Jar Binks, they had 4 scenes in a tv episode. Not even sure we know all their names yet (outside of the credits)
    The popular trend among teenagers is to move to a big city from their rural shithole. Not order fashion items on Amazon to stand out as kings in shit. Especially if they want jobs. All the jobs are in the city. Especially considering that they are out of their OWN VOLITION replacing their meat parts with cybernetics. Cybernetics that require care and a clean environment (I'm keeping an eye on you digital-eye-pride guy). These cybernetics might be useful in a job on Coruscant. Not stealing water on Tatooine.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    So why don't they use the spaceport to leave Tatooine for Coruscant? They had the monies for the bikes (and cybernetics they are proud of). Instead, they order bikes from Coruscant and bitch about no jobs and water prices.

See? The more you try to explain how ok they are - the deeper their background story gets - the more ridiculous and inconsistent it is.

There was another bike gang in the show - they were a real bike gang, they didn't care about water prices. They loved living on Tatooine. Boba kicked the shit out of them and stole their bikes.

I guess Rodrigez then went "I want something like this only physically and morally flashier, the whole deal with the chase and melee"
    While I agree with everything you just mentioned, I'd even go further and say the Boba bikers are just there to try to attract the kids and young adults to the show... not that I think it would be successful. From the aesthetics to the camera shots and dialogue and scenes, it screams "See how cool and edgy these bikers are?" Meanwhile, I'm laughing my head off at how dumb they are as a concept and at how they're implemented in the show. While the previous bike gang that Boba beats up is sort of stereotyped, it does mesh a lot better with the setting and what we know of the world there.

I could even buy it's part of the softening up of the content in general. So much in the Boba series tries to make things nicer and happier, when it just makes zero sense and/or is executed in a poor manner. My new game watching the show is to figure out how much is contrived by the people in the scenes not having guns when they should, or just not using them... although I was laughing really hard when Boba fired a rocket point-blank into a shield and seemed surprised that the result was not good. Or the chase scene with the Boba bikers that lasted for a long time, and once everyone stops at the crash and the chase ends... boom! There's Boba landing with his jet pack that he constantly forgets he has.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2022-01-18 at 09:32 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

5+ Year Old Account
    When someone looks easy to spot n are members of a criminal gang, they could be a bad ass, like krrsantian, a dame, or they the unfortunate person that usually is weaker that dies/severly injured to make leader of gang make revenge in their name

So, they aren't the first two, n if they aren't the 3rd, then their outfits serve no purpose to the story...

Once the pykes knows about the kids, well the kids stand out in a crowd, especially their rides, that's not good..

If boba wants to stay in business, he needs a small army, a eookiee, fennec, green pegs, n some kids aren't enough to rule a whole freakin planet...

If boba wants to use the kids as bait, disposable, that could make somewhat sense (but not their economic situation n their gear n rides, don't make sense as Elim Garak said..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-01-18 at 04:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The mando tease is big hype.

5+ Year Old Account
    Meh...filler episode..

Buy some muscle...he should have done that earlier, at least he got a wookiee n a rancor for now.
    I wonder where fennec will find help.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    The mando tease is big hype.
    I expected the krayt dragon to have already nom'd the sarlacc, or at least the seismic bomb to have lured it there..
    I wonder how he found out where his armor went

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I wonder how he found out where his armor went
    Well this is meant to be after fennec has her adventures with din, so I imagine she told bobba of din having it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoever decided to show Boba's story in flashbacks is an idiot. They should have started the series from Sarlac, show the full story up to that CUT IN where he kills Bib. Since that's exactly what they did in this episode anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    Well this is meant to be after fennec has her adventures with din, so I imagine she told bobba of din having it.
    No, if that were the case they wouldn't be poking the sarlac for it.

I think someone else hit the nail on the head. This show will be better binged. One by one, the build up is a little too slow.

Otherwise it's fine. I like where it's going, but these next 4 episodes really need to start delivering on the setup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No, if that were the case they wouldn't be poking the sarlac for it.
    That... is actually entirely correct, totally blanked that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh ... I can believe in Star Wars that these cyborg people exist and act like this, but I don't know I have a hard time thinking it would be on Tatooine of all places.

It is just weird with everything else in the show. They just seem too clean for Tatooine.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh ... I can believe in Star Wars that these cyborg people exist and act like this, but I don't know I have a hard time thinking it would be on Tatooine of all places.

It is just weird with everything else in the show. They just seem too clean for Tatooine.
    That's the segment that I would call woke, but others would argue about it with me. The diverse contemporary culturally appropriate characters, unSW but quite contemporary music, the entire hipster transhuman shtick.

It would've been ok on Coruscant or Nar Shada, not even woke. It's the fact that it's on Tatooine against all common sense - that makes it so out of place that it feels INJECTED just for the sake of being there.
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2022-01-19 at 11:50 AM.