Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    He's been a shaman. He was never a warrior.
    Might want to read Lord of the Clans, he was a gladiator(warrior) before learning shamanism.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Main characters don't really follow class archetypes, they exist for gameplay purposes.
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    But Thrall has been shown to not be able to use the elements anymore. For example, in the Maw questline he never once used any shaman abilities.

Maybe Thrall still kept a totem with him as a memento?

Anyway, is there a lore explanation for how shamans would even be able to use their powers in the Shadowlands?
    He had a weaker connection to the elements because of how he used them to kill Garrosh, or so he says.

That could be nothing more than guilt on his behalf though - they've never really gone into full detail of Thrall and his powers now due to the fact they put him on the shelf for two expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    Might want to read Lord of the Clans, he was a gladiator(warrior) before learning shamanism.
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    He started as a warrior, trained by humans for the ring. He didn't become a shaman until much later in his life.
    Well...I mean yeah, I was talking about WoW where classes like Shaman and Warrior got specific names and were defined. For the entirety of WoW I guess I should say.

His mind is all that betray him. I think elements give no shit about some orc traditions about duels or other things. He feel guilty about it (why? killing Garrosh was right thing).
    Imo, he will speak with mother and she will said some inspiring shit about him and viola! we have our World Shaman again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    His mind is all that betray him. I think elements give no shit about some orc traditions about duels or other things. He feel guilty about it (why? killing Garrosh was right thing).
    Imo, he will speak with mother and she will said some inspiring shit about him and viola! we have our World Shaman again.
    I don't believe he felt guilt for putting Garrosh down, he became a monster. It's probably more to do with the choices he made, like he said with Jaina in that BFA cutscene. People have already referred to the Doomhammer book as to why he lost his powers, etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Why was Thrall still carrying totems/why weren't they confiscated?
    It drops from one of the wardens in Torghast, doesn't it? Obviously it was confiscated...