Unhappy Monk in Arena feels like:

STUNNED
    DEAD

Hey all,

I think the above says it al at the moment. I've been playing monk since MOP, now in shadowlands i feel like we are at the bottom of the foodchain in Arena.
    Most matches i play are over in (fights) 2 - 6 seconds. Most of the time you don't have the ability of responding in time to activate trinket to counter a stun.

As we don't have access to defensive skills when stunned we are focused down fast, seems like everyone knows that when stunned we are dead. When you are able to get out of a stun with trinket an other stun is just around the corner esp with Paladin/rogue - Rogue/shaman comps these are just almost impossible to defeat and well Most of the arena teams have a rogue in their comp ...

If i do manage to get away Good Karma seems to be unable to counter the burst of Rogues / Paladins / Hunters. Should i Run with Ring of Peace instead ? Or any tips to avoid stun deaths ? Currently i got 24% Verse, 26.2k HP (that's gone in a second) ...

15+ Year Old Account
    try tomorrow a bit of tweaking will happen on reset

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Remember Nimble Brew and Healing Elixirs? I do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Remember Nimble Brew and Healing Elixirs? I do.
    well having double trinket was nice for sure same as shamanistic rage, wont be back anytime soon tho
    I would temper with turbo fists against rogues and mele in general, looks like solid pvp talent

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

React faster. You're not complaining about double stealth so you have time to react.

Get in combat early, anticipate the stun/burst, use Defensive CD's early and kill them before they kill you. I would go so far as to say, don't run good karma and Karma the kill target while opening to force the rogue to open on your partner (Fort Brew before Karma makes your Karma not fall of immediately; increases max HP threshold; HP increase and %Dmg reduction making Karma not fall instantly to burst). RoP/LegSweep/Paralysis the rogue and kill their partner. Use grapple weapon, etc.

Sorry, not going for the tone of "get better," but it might be your teams actual problem, in Shadowlands you need to just faceroll ALL your CDs.

WW is extremely competitive currently in arena, RoP most likely will be better choice especially with melee than good karma. You really can't say that we are at the bottom of the food chain at the moment.

You need to specify that you're talking about mistweaver, because windwalker currently appears to be the strongest DPS spec, at least in 2v2.

Monk in arena is absolutely fucking broken. if you're losing alot, you're playing it wrong. This isn't a hate post, just an obvious statement. It's incredibly strong.

Edit: if you're windwalker. If you're mistweaver then reroll, sadly it's garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Monk in arena is absolutely fucking broken. if you're losing alot, you're playing it wrong. This isn't a hate post, just an obvious statement. It's incredibly strong.

Edit: if you're windwalker. If you're mistweaver then reroll, sadly it's garbage.
    Same. Man up with a Ret or whatever. If you get through the initial Burst you are just going to obliterate them...

Quote Originally Posted by sicstynine View Post
    Same. Man up with a Ret or whatever. If you get through the initial Burst you are just going to obliterate them...
    Rets some next level busted though. Will absolutely still kill you through all your CDs. Only thing you can do is peace out girlscout.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

15+ Year Old Account
    My windwalker dies very fast always. Even if I pop karma, phial and brew, and swap away to heal when things get extra bad, I just get demolished when they focus on me. This is 3v3 and with a healer. I believe I had ilvl 185 though and about 28k health last I tried. So perhaps getting closer to 200 would make a difference.

Any survivability tips would be welcome

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    My windwalker dies very fast always. Even if I pop karma, phial and brew, and swap away to heal when things get extra bad, I just get demolished when they focus on me. This is 3v3 and with a healer. I believe I had ilvl 185 though and about 28k health last I tried. So perhaps getting closer to 200 would make a difference.

Any survivability tips would be welcome
    You are using diffuse magic / dampen harm where appropriate yeah? I don't see you mention them here.

Not everything can be face tanked, ret pally for instance does a disgusting amount of damage with wings up which I've yet to be able to tank. I always just CC and run the hell away until wings falls off.

If a druid uses convoke I always make sure to interrupt / cc it right away.

Use ring of peace to stop melee during CD's.

Also you're in 3's, you have to rely on your team like anyone else. You won't be able to get through everything without both of the other members of your team also trying to counter the other teams CD's and prevent damage. I do feel like the class is a bit squishy but the tools are there and I'm coming from having played a warlock.

Oh also are you using the expel harm conduit + pvp talent? Because between that and chi wave you can do a pretty decent amount of instant self healing as well along with phial.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the tips! I do have those. But I've never really focused on PVP, so there's lots of things I still need to learn. Like I often forget to ring of peace melees away when needed or to diffuse bad things away.

I'm also still trying to remember to use paralysis on cooldown on the healer. Usually remember to use it once, but it has made a difference often.

Chi wave I have not tried.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!