The Venthyr and their dislike of Maldraxxus

That last page highlights my problem with beings like Kel'Thuzad and Lady Vashj skipping Revendreth and instead going to Maldraxxus.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    That last page highlights my problem with beings like Kel'Thuzad and Lady Vashj skipping Revendreth and instead going to Maldraxxus.
    You have to remember that the whole premise of those books is that they're biased, they're written from a specifically venthyr perspective. We already know that the book is incorrect about one point, it claims the aranakk were created to be spies, but the aranakk are just one of the forms taken by people who end up as the spies of Maldraxxus, one of them was a human while he was alive.

Not to mention that we already know Margrave Gharmal is working with Sire Denathrius/The Jailer.

Your assumption is that Revendreth is where souls you deem as 'evil' are sent, however that's not actually correct. Revendreth is for souls who are too proud(or who have some other character flaw that renders them unable) to serve the shadowlands, so they need to be cleansed of their flaws before being sent elsewhere in the shadowlands to serve. Hell, if it wasn't for Garrosh being too proud, he would probably have been sent to Maldraxxus as well, and that may even happen by the end of the expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Maldraxxus is bullshit and morality or virtue don't matter there which contradicts SL's general dogma.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not the Venthyr, it's one author. And it's mostly centered on her dislike of Margrave Gharmal, who is a nasty blockhead, who's dumb enough to avoid using a part of the Primus' gearset.

We don't know how the invasion and subsequent defense by the Maldraxxi proceeded. The author is, by default, biased. Maybe the invaders were Burning Legion-tier, and they needed necromancy to get more forces otherwise they would have lost. We don't know.

What we do know is that whatever process the Arbiter goes through failed in regards to Kel'thuzad - he apparently aims for power at all costs, even if it brings everything down on his head in the end. It's weird. What vice do he even have? Pride? Dude apparently just lacked love in life and got resentful with the years.

But alas, they still think that the Arbiter is perfect and her judgement is infallible. Maybe the failure resides in the Margrave of Rituals, who let Kel'thuzad influence her. Or in the Primus, who kept Knucklehead Gharmal in charge of Constructs, or in all of the Eternal Ones, who failed to monitor Denathrius and the Jailer.

The afterlife is imperfect.

Do we know that Kel'thuzad was sent to Maldraxxus by way of the Arbiter? He seems to be in his Scourge Lich form. I'm not convinced he is a manifested soul that became a Maldraxxus Lich of the House of Rituals. I thought his Phylactery was never found. In which case he would be an Azeroth-style Lich that merely found his way into the Shadowlands through allegiance with the Jailer. Without getting judged by the Arbiter.

That's just my speculation based on what I know of the story so far though. If there's more info that I've missed, please tell me.

I loved that second paragraph of page three: "If the enemy doesn't destroy everything, Maldraxxus will" lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Do we know that Kel'thuzad was sent to Maldraxxus by way of the Arbiter? He seems to be in his Scourge Lich form. I'm not convinced he is a manifested soul that became a Maldraxxus Lich of the House of Rituals. I thought his Phylactery was never found. In which case he would be an Azeroth-style Lich that merely found his way into the Shadowlands through allegiance with the Jailer. Without getting judged by the Arbiter.

That's just my speculation based on what I know of the story so far though. If there's more info that I've missed, please tell me.
    You can choose what form you want to take in the Shadowlands. Nature-y people choose to be the blue animal of choice, Vashj preferred her naga form to her elf one, one human spy became one of the spider people. Doesn't surprise me that Kel'thuzad would prefer his Lich form to his human one. Though your theory of him working for the Jailer is interesting.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.