Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    My religion forbids me from ever taking the same stance as assmongoloid, so bots are good and healthy for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    How come you see that picture and don't think the target audience of that video is completely retarded?
    its called entertainment, boy.
    it why he's rich and you're not
    stop being poor and jealous lol

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    its him who really show it at first
    If you get all your WoW info from a streamer then I can see why you'd think that but this is completely not true. This has been reported on way longer than Asmon gave his attention to it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Good job Asmongold.

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    its called entertainment, boy.
    it why he's rich and you're not
    stop being poor and jealous lol
    Yeah like Bieber, clickbait articles and other shits like that. Still, there are really no reason to be proud of giving money to them or advertising them for free. And expect the aproval of non retarded people.
    Last edited by Tarba; 2021-01-02 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    So what do ya'll want blizz to do with said bots?
    Ban the the account? They'll make another one.
    Ban the IP? They'll use a VPN or a spoof
    Ban the VPN? ...lol
    Ban the person's card? Pre-paid cards exist.
    Create a better Anti-Cheat detector? The bot makers will just make one that goes around it.
    Ban on report with a human...watching every zone of every server in like 5 continents.

Botting is going to be an issue as long as
    1. Wow is popular enough for botting to be profitible
    2. The demand for bots is high enough to be profitible

most of us (I think) wont bot simply because it's a bannable offense so that alone keeps about 55% of bots out of the game. The rest who don't care well will continue to do so.
    Ban the account, they will have to pay for a new account and spend time to level again. If it is not enough to make the scheme unprofitable, ban the MAC address.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Yeah like Bieber, clickbait articles and other shits like that. Still, there are really no reason to be proud of giving money to them or advertising them for free. And expect the aproval of non retarded people.
    He's not making money off of these videos. At least not directly. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Astator View Post
    Ban the account, they will have to pay for a new account and spend time to level again. If it is not enough to make the scheme unprofitable, ban the MAC address.
    They already ban the account...they have been since forever still doesn't stop them

also changing a MAC address is pretty trivial to anyone with half a brain to use google.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Everyone knows about it. He isn't drawing attention to anything except himself.
    Let's assume you're correct, that his sole interest in this is to further himself and not call out the botting problem. I fail to see how that is an issue. Drawing attention to an issue while trying to draw in viewers is not inherently wrong.

IF the OP hadn't shamelessly posted a stermer's video, then people would be talking about the botting problem. THere was absolutely zero reason to bring up a streamer to make this thread. At all.
    If you are alerted to a problem through a video of a streamer, why is it inappropriate to add in lieu of a lengthy OP? Many people in the thread have the capacity to separate Asmongold from the topic at hand, largely disregarding him, and have attempted to focus the discussion on botting, some simply using the video as a reference to show an example of a bot farm within Nazmir. Unfortunately you, and others, are lacking the ability to separate the two and appear to simply be looking for some reason to hyper-focus on Asmongold. These digressions have ranged from simply going off topic to some people openly discussing how much they would like to physically assault him in this thread. It is incredibly degenerate.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Seconded, not because he's toxic. Just because he's got the face I most want to punch. Worth the jail time.
    Lmao we've got a hardass over here. Probably only punched your little sister you feckless thug.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    If you get all your WoW info from a streamer then I can see why you'd think that but this is completely not true. This has been reported on way longer than Asmon gave his attention to it.
    I think there has been a spike in the sheer scope of the botting operations since Shadowlands launched. Most notably, I've seen lots of bot farms within Bastion (esp. Ithys Basin, and I believe the Anima Shrine) taking advantage of the abundance of skinnable mobs while AoE grinding. Sometimes they are small groups of Guardian druids, more commonly it is spread groups of Balance druids overlapping Starfalls. I've seen some examples of this in Ardenweald too, but I rarely go there so I cannot remember exactly where. Though I would probably partially attribute the abysmal AH prices for skinners to these bot farms in Shadowlands zones.
    Last edited by Magical Mudcrab; 2021-01-02 at 09:57 PM.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Well i don't put myself on a pedestal. Also... you don't know me^^
    You did in your very post, though.

Ban the VPN? ...lol
    Create a better Anti-Cheat detector? The bot makers will just make one that goes around it.
    Ban on report with a human...watching every zone of every server in like 5 continents.

Botting is going to be an issue as long as
    1. Wow is popular enough for botting to be profitible
    2. The demand for bots is high enough to be profitible

most of us (I think) wont bot simply because it's a bannable offense so that alone keeps about 55% of bots out of the game. The rest who don't care well will continue to do so.
    Keep hitting the people making the mass accounts to bot with level 50 druids. At some point, it will no longer remain profitable and it will cease.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    I think there has been a spike in the sheer scope of the botting operations since Shadowlands launched. Most notably, I've seen lots of bot farms within Bastion (esp. Ithys Basin, and I believe the Anima Shrine) taking advantage of the abundance of skinnable mobs while AoE grinding. Sometimes they are small groups of Guardian druids, more commonly it is spread groups of Balance druids overlapping Starfalls. I've seen some examples of this in Ardenweald too, but I rarely go there so I cannot remember exactly where. Though I would probably partially attribute the abysmal AH prices for skinners to these bot farms in Shadowlands zones.
    This is because of the low barrier to entry which is what helped put the final nail in the coffin for multiboxing and got Blizzard to do something. Hopefully, Blizzard gets off their ass and does something about the botting problem.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Keep hitting the people making the mass accounts to bot with level 50 druids. At some point, it will no longer remain profitable and it will cease
    Except thats what they have been doing for like 10 years...

Ban the VPN? ...lol
    "hurdur you can't stop bots xd"

Private servers stopped bots pretty effectively. Why can't Blizzard? You're telling me that a multi billion dollar game dev can't do what some unpaid volunteers could?

GMs have logs of every action you do, with timestamps and all. It's very easy to spot bots because they perform actions at perfectly-specific intervals, move in the same patterns every time, etc. and you can see who they're trading/sending mail to, and just follow the breadcrumb trail to find and ban gold sellers. So you'd just make some automated routine that runs "bot checks" on players, and if the player looks suspicious, flag their account for a human to review it.

On another MMO I played, GMs would test botters by just sending you whispers and if you didn't respond, they'd ban you. There are plenty of ways to test for bots, but the problem is that WoW is no longer Blizzard's big cash cow, so they don't really devote much customer support time/manpower to it anymore.

Back in the day, you'd have GMs actually appearing ingame to help you out with whatever problem you were having. Nowadays you just get a copypasted message saying "lol too bad we can't help you" for most problems.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2021-01-03 at 01:29 AM.

Funny how that works. I think I just found a skinning bot. Some lonely moonkin that was standing near a pool in bastion killing those neutral flying snake things while never moving an inch, but only skinning the ones that are right next to it, not the ones I pulled 3 meters away. Never properly targeting the mobs either (facing them), just relying on moonfire and starfall. Just standing there and blankly staring into the distance, only coming to life if one of the mobs enters into it's range. Lazy git.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Today Maw insane lag. Good job Asmongold, maybe this small indie company Activision will fix quality of his game....

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    The day the motherfucker can put up a video without making a dumbfuck face on the thumbnail I might just check it out.
    but but but but but but but but b.b.b.b.b.b.b.b.b.b.b.b.b.but if I don't make a rediculous click baity image for the youtube video it won't get the clicks. It's the ALGORITHMSMSMSMSMSMSMSMSMS fault /excuse of YouTubers.

(Note this isn't Asmongold as he doesn't run the youtube site but just how youtube channels make links in general.)
    Last edited by Kallisto; 2021-01-03 at 02:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    There are tons of easy ways by Blizzard to handle this problem... but for some reason it keeps happening.
    Such as...?

Except thats what they have been doing for like 10 years...
    Because they aren't quick enough to ban because they are "studying" to make the bot detection algorithm better for the last 15 years.

It's easy to spot these guys. Ban them early, ban them quick. It no longer is profitable and these people move on.