10+ Year Old Account
    But as senators and House members trapped inside the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday begged for immediate help during the siege, they struggled to get through to the president, who — safely ensconced in the West Wing — was too busy watching fiery TV images of the crisis unfolding around them to act or even bother to hear their pleas.

“He was hard to reach, and you know why? Because it was live TV,” said one close Trump adviser. “If it’s TiVo, he just hits pause and takes the calls. If it’s live TV, he watches it, and he was just watching it all unfold.”

Even as he did so, Trump did not move to act. And the message from those around him — that he needed to call off the angry mob he had egged on just hours earlier, or lives could be lost — was one to which he was not initially receptive.
    More will come out during the next impeachment hearing from eye witnesses. The fact that he delayed in sending help to protect Congress members is damning.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do appreciate self owns.

The data, obtained by a computer hacker through legal means ahead of Parler’s shutdown on Monday, offers a bird’s eye view of its users swarming the Capitol grounds after receiving encouragement from President Trump — and during a violent breach that sent lawmakers and Capitol Hill visitors scrambling amid gunshots and calls for their death. GPS coordinates taken from 618 Parler videos analyzed by Gizmodo has already been sought after by FBI as part of a sweeping nationwide search for potential suspects, at least 20 of whom are already in custody.

Speaking of, here's a contrarian shitbag who spent four years denying Russian involvement in the 2016 election.

Chaser

Government Affiliated Snark

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/LisPower1/status...88164216643586

Fox News' Brian Kilmeade makes the perfect case for why the US shouldn't negotiate with terrorists. That's not the point he was trying to make, but he made it anyways.
    I really just wish Gallup and other pollsters would run a special poll. Every time someone says "Trump has 75 million supporters" I have to go "Hmm".

We need a poll that asks "Would you vote for Trump if he was another party affiliation?" Or something to the effect of differentiating the people who just always vote Republican and don't give a fuck about Trump, and the people who actually support just Trump.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

https://www.wusa9.com/video/news/doj...1-063083395a87

Press conference from DoJ/FBI going on. I missed the early bit but some of the details so far -

170+ subject files (targets for investigation), they expect to open hundreds more
    70+ people charged, they expect to charge hundreds
    Charges range for everything from simple trespass to stealing mail to assaulting federal officers to stealing digital devices and potentially national security secrets

Lesser charges we've seen so far are just the start, they plan on charging many already arrested/charged with additional crimes as the investigations continue.
    that's odd where are the charges under Trump's EO?

or would that come up upon conviction and sentencing?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/12/polit...ies/index.html

Amusingly, lawmakers are finding themselves more and more alike the schoolchildren they fail to protect.

Cowering under chairs and in dark rooms against armed attackers? Yep.
    Metal detectors at the entrance to prevent people from bringing in weapons? Yep.

Good job Republicans and Trump supporters, you've turned Congress into an underfunded inner city school.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/12/polit...ies/index.html

Amusingly, lawmakers are finding themselves more and more alike the schoolchildren they fail to protect.

Cowering under chairs and in dark rooms against armed attackers? Yep.
    Metal detectors at the entrance to prevent people from bringing in weapons? Yep.

Good job Republicans and Trump supporters, you've turned Congress into an underfunded inner city school.
    This line in particular stuck out to me:

"There have been increasing tensions with certain incoming freshmen for months, who have been insistent on bringing firearms in violation of law and guidelines," one House Democrat said, in a reference to Republican Reps. Lauren Boebert of Colorado, Madison Cawthorn of North Carolina and others.
    If that isn't grounds for expulsion I don't know what is. Bringing weapons into a parliamentary space is kinda one of the OG no-no's of democracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    If that isn't grounds for expulsion I don't know what is. Bringing weapons into a parliamentary space is kinda one of the OG no-no's of democracy.
    I dunno. What’s the worst that could happen?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    I dunno. What’s the worst that could happen?
    Oh yeah I forgot that a Republican literally shot and killed his Democrat opponent within living memory and we're still pretending the parties have some sort of parity twenty five years on. Rofl.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Judge grants Snowflake Shaman organic diet. Mom says, "He gets very sick if he doesn't eat organic food—literally will get physically sick."

Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

I do like the FBI saying this is just the tip of the iceberg and that a mind blowing number of charges will be forthcoming, if you took part then be expecting a knock at the door and that more significant charges like sedition and conspiracy will be forthcoming. Even felony murder got a mention as some posters here predicted.

And the JCS also haven't been quiet, acknowledging Biden to be the 46th CIC. And that they will be reminding all troops of their oaths to defend the Constitution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Judge grants Snowflake Shaman organic diet. Mom says, "He gets very sick if he doesn't eat organic food—literally will get physically sick."

I'm guessing she never tried a blind taste test.

10+ Year Old Account

Ugh, don't tell me eco-fascism is making another comeback.

Sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    I do like the FBI saying this is just the tip of the iceberg and that a mind blowing number of charges will be forthcoming, if you took part then be expecting a knock at the door and that more significant charges like sedition and conspiracy will be forthcoming. Even felony murder got a mention as some posters here predicted.

And the JCS also haven't been quiet, acknowledging Biden to be the 46th CIC. And that they will be reminding all troops of their oaths to defend the Constitution.
    This is the best part.

Since there's just a ton of video and photograph evidence, people understand that they are fucked. Even the people who are flying under the radar, are still going to be worried that they could be outed at any minute. The best part of it, is that they will be ratted out by their friends and family. The sheer volume of evidence means it will take months to sort through, but they will keep finding people as the days go by. One thing you will notice, is that all the Trumpster braggarts who were there, have shut the fuck up.

And yes, cell phones are going to screw them, when those records are grabbed, and the authorities know exactly where you went, within 10 feet. This is the Capitol, they will have access to all of that, anyways... whether it be from Stingrays, or other means. I doubt any court is going to prevent them from accessing the location data within the property of the capitol Building itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    That doesn’t make any sense...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account

Let him feast on rats. There's something organic for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I mean it makes perfect sense, his white supremacy is also organic and made-in-America.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean it makes perfect sense, his white supremacy is also organic and made-in-America.
    White nationalism and ideas of purity, in diet, cleanliness etc are pretty closely related.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/06/o...ald-trump.html

It's also why you see a lot of language referring to outsiders as 'vermin' or 'insects'. It's not just dehumanizing, it's the disgust factor that resonates with these people.

This line in particular stuck out to me:

Sorta kinda. There is an exemption for members of Congress to carry and store an unloaded firearm in the Capitol building.

But that's the rub, it has to be unloaded, so it's purely a fashion accessory.

And the exemption does not extend beyond the Capitol building, if she were dumb enough to carry that outside the building she'd be arrested and charged with federal crimes in DC.

And these are the tip of the spear for the Boogaloo Civil War, crippled if they don't have their 100% organic chicken nuggies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Apparently he's been fasting, because tum-tum. Aw!

Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Ugh, don't tell me eco-fascism is making another comeback.

Sigh...
    Well Hitler was very much into it. Not to mention being a non smoking non drinking Vegetarian.