10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://abovethelaw.com/2021/01/tx-r...s-fbi-instead/

HAHAHA that Texas real estate lady on the private plane? Yeah, she flew there lookin for some dick. Specifically, the dick of the guy whose private plane she flew on.

Apparently she was dick denied, there was a more attractive younger woman who caught the attention of the wealthy dick. So all she has to show for her dick-chasing efforts is a felony rap sheet and a vagina as dry as Ben Shapiro's wifes.

I guess you could say...she went to an insurrection looking for an erection.
    Please tell me this was all part of an affair!
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you could say...she went to an insurrection looking for an erection.
    Or... she's being sanctioned for attending an insurrection over the election selection while being subjected to an erection rejection?

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadriker View Post
    "The mob was fed lies," McConnell, a Kentucky Republican, said on the Senate floor. "They were provoked by the President and other powerful people."l

And now we have McConnell outright calling out the President for his role in instigating the attempted insurrection on the 6th. It feels like he is laying the groundwork for the Establishment GOP Senators to distance themselves from Trump and to give them the ok to vote for impeachment if they so choose.
    Well, flat out calling Trump guilty before the trial is about as clear a signal of intentions as I can imagine McConnell giving.

Though what a trial and conviction means after the 20th is anyone's guess. There's some precedent for retroactive removal, at least, but it may wind up being purely symbolic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Well, flat out calling Trump guilty before the trial is about as clear a signal of intentions as I can imagine McConnell giving.

Though what a trial and conviction means after the 20th is anyone's guess. There's some precedent for retroactive removal, at least, but it may wind up being purely symbolic.
    In addition to the vote to remove, they can also vote on whether he can be barred from ever holding public office again.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Makes me think he's spent the last week politicking to get and secure enough votes to convict. Why would McConnell declare trump guilty, before the trial began, without the needed vote? Im thinking it's gonna happen at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Makes me think he's spent the last week politicking to get and secure enough votes to convict. Why would McConnell declare trump guilty, before the trial began, without the needed vote? Im thinking it's gonna happen at this point.
    Him saying Trump whipped up the mob doesn't mean he's saying he'll vote to remove. It's like all the Republicans the last time - Yeah, he totally engaged in illegal behavior and it's totally impeachable but nah, we don't care.

No way he whipped the remaining what, 12 votes I think he'd need to get to 66? I'lkl believe it when I see it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    In addition to the vote to remove, they can also vote on whether he can be barred from ever holding public office again.
    I'll take it, though at this point I question the viability of any future Trump campaign, period. I've said this before, but the January 20th we're arriving at is worlds apart from the one we imagined on November 3rd.

If they vote to remove, would that affect his pardons? Does anyone know?

I guess these questions are exactly why the trial is important.

Him saying Trump whipped up the mob doesn't mean he's saying he'll vote to remove. It's like all the Republicans the last time - Yeah, he totally engaged in illegal behavior and it's totally impeachable but nah, we don't care.

No way he whipped the remaining what, 12 votes I think he'd need to get to 66? I'lkl believe it when I see it.
    last time they 100% completely denied it what he did was impeachable, there is a huge difference. McConnell flat out said trump's lies caused this to happen and trump provoked the mob, which is what he's what he's being impeached for.

last time they 100% completely denied it what he did was impeachable, there is a huge difference. McConnell flat out said trump's lies caused this to happen and trump provoked the mob, which is what he's what he's being impeached for.
    And before they straight up said what he did with the aide to Ukraine was also wrong, and that's what he was impeached for. You're right that the didn't say it was impeachable though - https://www.voanews.com/usa/trump-im...-merit-removal

I'm just saying, don't get your hopes up. They'll say he had a hand to play in it, but that it doesn't warrant removal from office. Again.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they vote to remove, would that affect his pardons? Does anyone know?
    I read an article that said there could be a claim that any pardons related to the terms of the impeachment could get tossed due to how it's worded in the constitution:
    he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offences against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.
    However it would be a stretch to declare unrelated pardons invalid due to impeachment.

But not a lawyer so just sharing what I read.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2021...first-cut.html

Some interesting information on the rioters arrested so far, A lot of them seem to be cops or Bussiness owners.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's some precedent for retroactive removal, at least, but it may wind up being purely symbolic.
    I'm guessing the conviction on impeachment is required before they can vote to bar from office. I'm still maintaining my view that McConnell doesn't care about the removal from office due to the timing but he's keen to bar Trump from office, especially in 2024.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

And before they straight up said what he did with the aide to Ukraine was also wrong, and that's what he was impeached for. You're right that the didn't say it was impeachable though - https://www.voanews.com/usa/trump-im...-merit-removal

I'm just saying, don't get your hopes up. They'll say he had a hand to play in it, but that it doesn't warrant removal from office. Again.
    It's not hopes tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if it goes either way. I say not hopes, because I'm mixed feelings on if I actually want him convicted tbh because I don't want him to lose SS because they would keep him from seeking asylum in another country before he's charged by the DA of manhattan.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about whether he can get that support, or whether this will all be performative. I won't get my hopes up.

I also think that, at least in the Senate, they have very little left to gain from Trump. His numbers continue to fall. He's become increasingly isolated. Supporting him risks losing donors. He still has a base, sure, but are they reliable? Will they turn out if Trump can't find a platform for his message, is too bogged down by debt and legal troubles to hold rallies? Do they want Trump running in 2024? If not, would he stump for the GOP candidates, or will his camp attempt to primary them? Will Trump alienate too many independents?

These are the questions I'm sure McConnell has been asking. McConnell is scum, but he isn't stupid. He wouldn't be doing this if he hadn't calculated that it's time to throw Trump under the bus.

Like I said, I'm not holding my breath. They can come short of conviction and still reap political benefits. At the same time, I don't know if McConnell will push for conviction, but it certainly seems like he'd enjoy it happening.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2021-01-19 at 09:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want him to lose SS because they would keep him from seeking asylum in another country before he's charged by the DA of manhattan.
    To be honest, any non-extradition country will likely be seen as a prison to Trump. Also, his finances (such as they are) are likely to be in seize-able places even if he tries to flee.

I don't for a second think that Trump would ever actually see the inside of jail cell, so that would probably be the best outcome as far as I'm concerned. Force to flee, stripped of whatever wealth he does have, and made (even more of) an international laughingstock. I'd settle for that.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    To be honest, any non-extradition country will likely be seen as a prison to Trump. Also, his finances (such as they are) are likely to be in seize-able places even if he tries to flee.

I don't for a second think that Trump would ever actually see the inside of jail cell, so that would probably be the best outcome as far as I'm concerned. Force to flee, stripped of whatever wealth he does have, and made (even more of) an international laughingstock. I'd settle for that.
    Maybe, but in my mind, He'd be used as propoganda and be treated very well. He would lose his empire though.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...capitol-attack

3 Beverly Hills residents, including a doctor, attend an insurrection.

That's not a joke or a punchline, that's the story.

Because it's about "muh economic anxiety".

I'm sure there are plenty of people in the GOP clinging to the pretense that they're still a legitimate political party, and not just a criminal organization. Publicly condemning Trump after he's already inflicted his damage and is literally hours away from no longer holding office is easy. It's completely meaningless until and unless they decide to actually impose any consequences on him.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-01-19 at 11:17 PM.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...could-n1254756

Georgia lawyer brags about kicking in Pelosi's office door, gets arrested.

Man, I'm fuckin loving how deeply fucking retarded these people are in just "proudly" publicly sharing and describing in details their illegal behavior. Seriously, if you ever want to know what white privilege is, it's these fucks thinking that they could blast their federal crimes on social media and that somehow they wouldn't suffer any consequences.

And then cry about the fact that they can't get their 100% organic chicken nuggies while in prison or how they deserve a pardon because someone else told them to go participate in a failed insurrectionist mob.

Truly, bottom of the barrel humanity. And I'm not saying "oh they're poors", because they fuckin weren't. Lotta fuckin wine clubs and politicians showed up to this shit.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...could-n1254756

Georgia lawyer brags about kicking in Pelosi's office door, gets arrested.

Man, I'm fuckin loving how deeply fucking retarded these people are in just "proudly" publicly sharing and describing in details their illegal behavior. Seriously, if you ever want to know what white privilege is, it's these fucks thinking that they could blast their federal crimes on social media and that somehow they wouldn't suffer any consequences.

And then cry about the fact that they can't get their 100% organic chicken nuggies while in prison or how they deserve a pardon because someone else told them to go participate in a failed insurrectionist mob.

Truly, bottom of the barrel humanity. And I'm not saying "oh they're poors", because they fuckin weren't. Lotta fuckin wine clubs and politicians showed up to this shit.
    Shit, are we about to see a new round of affluenza claims?