Im still at a loss of how you unbrain wash so many people that while not going to the capitol, still support it from a distance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Im still at a loss of how you unbrain wash so many people that while not going to the capitol, still support it from a distance.
    Denazification is the template here, tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2021...first-cut.html

Some interesting information on the rioters arrested so far, A lot of them seem to be cops or Bussiness owners.
    White male business owners and police are truly the most oppressed people ever..........

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Watched an interview of a guy who was in a cult, who literally wrote a book about the cult of trump. He said the best way to unbrain wash is family friends and doing a bunch of non confrontational stuff and eventually it that fixes them. obviously gonna have to be done on a large scale, because 75million people. Won't get all of them, but if you love someone that is a cult member, you are their best chance of fixing their brains.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Watched an interview of a guy who was in a cult, who literally wrote a book about the cult of trump. He said the best way to unbrain wash is family friends and doing a bunch of non confrontational stuff and eventually it that fixes them. obviously gonna have to be done on a large scale, because 75million people. Won't get all of them, but if you love someone that is a cult member, you are their best chance of fixing their brains.
    That doesn't work if all the friends and family with whom they're still on speaking terms are in the cult with them.

It's like systemic racism; shit's just going to go underground. People will claim to be free of the brainwashing, except in the privacy of their 4chan group of like-minded a-holes, but it will be nearly impossible to root out.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    That doesn't work if all the friends and family with whom they're still on speaking terms are in the cult with them.

It's like systemic racism; shit's just going to go underground. People will claim to be free of the brainwashing, except in the privacy of their 4chan group of like-minded a-holes, but it will be nearly impossible to root out.
    Yup, you are exactly right, that's why I cautioned it won't get all of them. If it's an entire family, or unit of people, or social group and they are all connected in the same thought towards someone or an idea, it's much much more difficult to break them from it. And unfortunately, in this situation, that isn't a small number.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    And yet they call liberals snowflakes. Is there anything they don't project?
    Yeah. He's a literal "Soy Boy"

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Part of the problem is how dismissive people like you are of the concerns of 75 million people.

You don't really think that 75 million people are all cult members, right? As if no one had legitimate concerns that caused them to vote for Trump.

Your starting premise is that these 75 million people are damaged and need to be fixed. That moral superiority is why said 75 million people will never see eye to eye with you, will never unify with you and in fact will only hate you more over time, because you take everything about what they think and believe, reduce it to 1 dimensionality and then declare it a disease that needs to be eradicated.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OrcsRLame View Post
    Part of the problem is how dismissive people like you are of the concerns of 75 million people.

You don't really think that 75 million people are all cult members, right? As if no one had legitimate concerns that caused them to vote for Trump.

Your starting premise is that these 75 million people are damaged and need to be fixed. That moral superiority is why said 75 million people will never see eye to eye with you, will never unify with you and in fact will only hate you more over time, because you take everything about what they think and believe, reduce it to 1 dimensionality and then declare it a disease that needs to be eradicated.
    They are dismissive of their own needs by constantly voting against their self interests.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    They are dismissive of their own needs by constantly voting against their self interests.
    This is more of that moral superiority I was talking about. Even if that were completely true it still wouldn't matter because you're basically telling these people that you know what they want and need more than they do.

Lots and lots of people would literally rather die than accept help from someone with your attitude.

5+ Year Old Account
    This is more of that moral superiority I was talking about. Even if that were completely true it still wouldn't matter because you're basically telling these people that you know what they want and need more than they do.

Lots and lots of people would literally rather die than accept help from someone with your attitude.
    Excessive Pride is a terrible quality.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Excessive Pride is a terrible quality.
    Don't you think it'd prideful to judge 75 million people in the way you're doing?

That's the great thing... I get to be morally superior to people who support a corrupt fascist.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't you think it'd prideful to judge 75 million people in the way you're doing?
    Maybe they shouldn't have voted for a shitty racist like Trump.

This is just straight horseshit.

Not a single one of you give a shit what 80+ million people want. Just fucking stop it. Put away the victim card.

5+ Year Old Account
    I’m not judging anyone I was just stating a large group of Americans vote against their self interests.

What do you think the solution is? You seem to be suggesting that 80+ million people need to be more accepting of a group who explicitly rejected us when they selected Trump. It's not an accident that he was not a President for all Americans, that he only cared about people who supported him - that's clearly what they wanted. You are acting as if the past 4 years of constant and unnecessary anger didn't happen. Sorry but those 75 million people belong in the dog house right now, they voted for someone who explicitly wants to tear the country apart. The only way forward is for these people to take a step back and recognize that their attitude is the problem. People who reject truth to this degree do not need to be coddled.

15+ Year Old Account
    Let me break out the world's tiniest violin.

You have all the opportunity in the world to educate yourself, express your political opinions, argue and advocate for policies, and express grievances, and all you offer up is some blubbering about not being respected while doing nothing deserving of respect.

If that's the sum of your political ideology, maybe you and your ilk just shut up and get out of the way. You're not offering anything constructive, you're not contributing to the discourse. You're actively making the country worse.

What do you think Trump did to better your life?

He lost the election...which is a crime to Trump supporters....being a loser.

Which concerns are those? That we didn't kill enough citizens with the virus? That we haven't alienated enough foreign allies? That we haven't given enough money to the wealthiest in the country? That we haven't destroyed enough environmental regulations? That we haven't persecuted enough of the minorities that make our imaginary friend cry?

No. Fuck these people. Whether they voted for Trump because they're full-MAGA nutjobs, or whether they voted Trump because he had an (R) next to his name, their vote was a detriment to this nation. And will continue to be until the GOP stops being a collection of regressive shitheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    What do you think the solution is? You seem to be suggesting that 80+ million people need to be more accepting of a group who explicitly rejected us when they selected Trump. It's not an accident that he was not a President for all Americans, that he only cared about people who supported him - that's clearly what they wanted. You are acting as if the past 4 years of constant and unnecessary anger didn't happen. Sorry but those 75 million people belong in the dog house right now, they voted for someone who explicitly wants to tear the country apart. The only way forward is for these people to take a step back and recognize that their attitude is the problem. People who reject truth to this degree do not need to be coddled.
    Honestly at this point I don't think there is a solution. The 80 million people and 75 million people seem to hate each other by and large. I think the first step is understanding one another, but if the responses here are anything to judge by then that won't happen in our lifetimes. The country will continue to become more polarized while China and Russia continue to build up their venom.

Wars typically end in one of two ways. The first is a victory through pure force of arms. I think this is what both the left and the right want, but force of arms isn't really applicable in a culture war, which is what I see this as. The other ways wars end is when both sides decide that they're sick of fighting, that the benefit from potentially winning is outweighed by the negatives of pressing forward.

The 75 million people think the exact same thing as you. That you need to take a step back and recognize that your attitude is the problem. When both sides think the same thing, that they are morally justified and that the other side's attitude is the problem, well, it makes reconciliation hard.

I would like history to look back on my tiny life though and see me as part of the solution instead of the problem.