Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/house...b674575ae423ae

The fuck is with Republican members of the House trying to bring concealed weapons onto the House floor, weeks after an attempted insurrection where rioters, some armed, stormed the Capitol building?

Why does he need a fuckin gun on the House floor? Is he gonna get mugged by a House staffer or something in front of CSPAN cameras?
    No, see, it actually makes perfect sense. After they incite a rebellion in the morning, they need to defend themselves from it when they go to the House in the afternoon.

The fuck is with Republican members of the House trying to bring concealed weapons onto the House floor, weeks after an attempted insurrection where rioters, some armed, stormed the Capitol building?

Why does he need a fuckin gun on the House floor? Is he gonna get mugged by a House staffer or something in front of CSPAN cameras?
    Because guns are the penis enlargement pills of those people.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    So basically easy pickings for dictators who are willing to genocide 1/2 the population into servility.
    is this not possible now then?

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    is this not possible now then?
    What stands a better chance of avoiding genocide, an organized group, or a "decentralized federations of autonomous workplace and community assemblies" with, definitively, no central authority?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

What stands a better chance of avoiding genocide, an organized group, or a "decentralized federations of autonomous workplace and community assemblies" with, definitively, no central authority?
    well given the amount of genocides that have happened in the 'organized group' id take my chances with the 2nd option. Given that under anarchy it would be impossible for a dictator to arise and if they did they would be opposed violently and immediately. the categorization of anarchy being 'unorganized' is a false one on top of that.

Well, it makes sense. They even admit their own supporters are violent thugs who want to shoot them.

well given the amount of genocides that have happened in the 'organized group' id take my chances with the 2nd option. Given that under anarchy it would be impossible for a dictator to arise and if they did they would be opposed violently and immediately. the categorization of anarchy being 'unorganized' is a false one on top of that.
    This is just ahistorical. Dictatorships are what happens in anarchic situations because there's no strong counter-veiling force. Even if there were no non-anarchic states in the world, all it would take is one demagogue.

As to your other point, who did those genocides happen edit: (not too) to? The less organized group, almost universally.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2021-01-22 at 03:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    But, the second option only shrink the group.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Peoples

- - - Updated - - -

As to your other point, who did those genocides happen edit: (not too) to? The less organized group, almost universally.
    It’s not... see the dark ages... pun intended...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Dictatorships are what happens in anarchic situations because there's no strong counter-veiling force.
    This is vague and reductionist.
    Even if there were no non-anarchic states in the world, all it would take is one demagogue.
    impossible given that the social conditions and means of becoming a dictator if there are no non-anarchic states would be practically impossible :

were the jews 'less organized'? what does organized mean? less powerful? reductionist again

anyway way offtopic i have too many infraction points this is the last one for me!

impossible given that the social conditions and means of becoming a dictator if there are no non-anarchic states would be practically impossible :
    As long as someone has a fist and a voice, they can create a dictatorship. You ramble at me about being reductionist while waving a magic wand and insisting anarchy somehow erases the desire for domination, the ability to lie, or the existence of willfully ignorant followers.
    were the jews 'less organized'? what does organized mean? less powerful? reductionist again
    Yes, clearly. Organized, in this case, means the ability to martial men and supplies either to enforce or prevent domination. A central command structure allows efficient logistics. Guerilla warfare only works if they're backed by a foreign power and the side they're fighting against is bound by a set of ethics. It's hard to melt away into the jungle/forest/countryside if doing so means your family gets murdered.

If anarchostates worked, there would be extant examples that didn't exist upon the suffrage of others.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I can't believe this thread actually reached a point where anarchists had to be explained lol Wow.
    Mikhail Bakunin is called the founder of Collectivist Anarchism. What he proposed isn't really what people think of when they hear "anarchism", but the term still applies according to scholars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikhail_Bakunin
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I can't believe this thread actually reached a point where anarchists had to be explained lol Wow.
    Considering nobody ever knows what they are, its not too surprising.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    It's interesting that Fox immediately called the Portland stuff "insurrection" (it's the title of the article they're running right now), but not the thing in the capitol a couple weeks back.

Apparently, insurrection isn't when you take over the nation's capitol shouting "hang Mike Pence." It's when you riot at some random facility in Portland.
    Vandalism is clearly worse than trying to murder anybody.

- - - Updated - - -

So basically easy pickings for dictators who are willing to genocide 1/2 the population into servility.
    Oh right, you mean the thing that keeps happening all over the world all the time anyway

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Vandalism is clearly worse than trying to murder anybody.
    #GarbageCanLivesMatter

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    It's interesting that Fox immediately called the Portland stuff "insurrection" (it's the title of the article they're running right now), but not the thing in the capitol a couple weeks back.

Apparently, insurrection isn't when you take over the nation's capitol shouting "hang Mike Pence." It's when you riot at some random facility in Portland.
    Trying to normalize the word. If everything is insurrection, then nothing is insurrection.

anyway way offtopic i have too many infraction points this is the last one for me!
    Yeah that sounds like some bullshit, especially for someone trying to give someone else crap for being vague and reductionist. Your argument is basically that Anarchy's plan is to come up with a magic society with ingrained rules that magically both prevent people from becoming a dictator and magically strip every person from the desire to do so. But also having no way to enforce said rules because well then that wouldn't be Anarchy. It's like a two year old playing a game and saying "You can't cheat, the rules say you can't which means its impossible" and then just throwing a tantrum while the other child continues to cheat.

Your bullshit excepts basically just say we'll come up with magical rules/arrange society such that no one will even want to be a dictator and flowers will spring from my asshole to provide a lovely scent over the imaginary bullshit I've convinced myself does anything! It's basically compel them with social/peer pressure while also not using any of the ways you can actually compel a person lest they be slaves!

It's why Anarchy has always been an overall stupid concept in the context of social creatures.

Oh right, you mean the thing that keeps happening all over the world all the time anyway
    Not sure how your idiot system whose answer is to apparently make it easier, not harder, is an improvement.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2021-01-22 at 02:55 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone seen op in a while?
    @Kokolums when is that civil war coming now?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Not sure how your idiot system whose answer is to apparently make it easier, not harder, is an improvement.
    I mean the same people who oppose still exist, but I suppose that liberal democracies like the US are instead overthrowing democratic govs is really working out great.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Anyone seen op in a while?
    @Kokolums when is that civil war coming now?
    Pretty sure it is over. The war was won when the DC National Guard fired approximately 3 tear gas grenades, which caused a mass route.

You know what they say about direct to TV sequels...

Let me know when you figure out how some co-op is going to create an army. As always, your comments are more of a joke than anything of substance.