10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    There was no coherent idea behind it, events spiralled out of control - largely the fault of local police officers. And that's the thing - if authority gives in, someone will take advantage of it. And they did, as they should have.
    The real outrage here comes from the people that are frustrated that ''their lads'' aren't able to do this or rather, they are incapable of even daring something like that.
    I don't even. Seriously. You are insane. Why are you insane? Stop being insane!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't care about the dead, you don't even know their names. There are no T-shirts of their faces, their names are not uttered on CNN, Fox and the like. As if they never existed.
    Because no one actually cares about people dying.
    So because people aren't outraged to the degree you deem is sufficient there is no outrage? No, that's not how that works.

Yet because it took place in a state institution, now its labelled a rebellion, insurrection. Ha.
    Words have definitions. Look them up.

There was no coherent idea behind it, events spiralled out of control

"Stop the steal!" "Trial by combat!!" "We're going to walk down to the Capital..."

- largely the fault of local police officers. And that's the thing - if authority gives in, someone will take advantage of it.
    "Look at what she was wearing! She was asking to get raped!"

And they did, as they should have.
    So you support insurrection and murder. Congrats. Don't ever call yourself a patriot.

The real outrage here comes from the people that are frustrated that ''their lads'' aren't able to do this or rather, they are incapable of even daring something like that.
    "My side might have done something illegal and unethical but at least we have the balls to do it!!" isn't the kind of defense you think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Violence View Post
    I wouldn't pride myself on this incoherent mess that was the capitol riots. They easily could've enacted a coup -if they really wanted to-, but it was such chaos and disorganized that in the end they were just rebuffed back outside to have a bit of a push-&-shove with the riot police.
    It was a protest (allowed to be turned ) in to a riot. Nothing else. There was nothing coherent about any of it. Coups, insurrections and rebellions have political goals and usually, leadership. The last coup the modern world saw was in Turkey and that had army support and even then it was more of a charade than a anything else.

Trump was tweeting from the loo, unable to form a single definitive thought about it and what the protesters should or should not do.

The only people charged here should be the entire security apparatus at the Capitol. They are paid good money to anticipate and prevent stuff like that. And they failed.

But instead of that, you have CNN praising these Pavlik Morozov types.

It was a protest (allowed to be turned ) in to a riot. Nothing else. There was nothing coherent about any of it. Coups, insurrections and rebellions have political goals and usually, leadership. The last coup the modern world saw was in Turkey and that had army support and even then it was more of a charade than a anything else.

Trump was tweeting from the loo, unable to form a single definitive thought about it and what the protesters should or should not do.

The only people charged here should be the entire security apparatus at the Capitol. They are paid good money to anticipate and prevent stuff like that. And they failed.

But instead of that, you have CNN praising these Pavlik Morozov types.
    There were people on comms, being given directions by someone inside as to where the politicians were located, where they were headed, and the plan to gas them. They made attempts to get a hold of politicians, and had plans to kill them when they did. Just because they had bad leadership (Trump and the rest of his incompetent fucktards), doesn't mean they didn't believe they were about to overthrow them.

So, you're saying the guy who murdered the cop shouldn't be charged? You're saying the group of men who almost beat another cop to death shouldn't be charged?

Well, it looks like we know where you stand.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-01-25 at 12:11 PM.

No, those who killed people should be charged. But that was a consequence of a far larger failure.

No, those who killed people should be charged. But that was a consequence of a far larger failure.
    You just said the only people who should be charged, were the cops. You really should be a bit more consistent.

The Capitol Police did fail, they let insurrectionists into the building, and didn't take the threat seriously. They are not the reason the insurrection started.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're just going to ignore the rally earlier that day, the one I linked in my post, where Trump was inciting the insurrection and push your own narrative of the events that day.

You don't care about the dead, you don't even know their names. There are no T-shirts of their faces, their names are not uttered on CNN, Fox and the like. As if they never existed.
    Because no one actually cares about people dying.
    False, they were mentioned multiple times on news outlets.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

The fact that these people were incompetent at executing an insurrection/coup doesn't mean the events of 1/6 weren't either of those things.

It was a protest (allowed to be turned ) in to a riot. Nothing else. There was nothing coherent about any of it.
    I would agree at a ridiculous attempt at an insurrection. A failed attempt.

As I posted earlier, these clowns didn't have the leadership nor the numbers; they didn't keep the WH nor the more important city for resources. This was more a stunt for self-publicity...opportunities for selfies "look at me and where I am!" Nothing more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I would agree at a ridiculous attempt at an insurrection. A failed attempt.

As I posted earlier, these clowns didn't have the leadership nor the numbers; they didn't keep the WH nor the more important city for resources. This was more a stunt for self-publicity...opportunities for selfies "look at me and where I am!" Nothing more than that.
    Except, there were some in the crowd who were more organized, and were communicating with someone who had direct knowledge of the locations of the congressmen and VP, the layout, and he/she was giving out that information in real time.

It's true that most of the people were there to just riot for a good time, but many had a much more violent purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Except, there were some in the crowd who were more organized, and were communicating with someone who had direct knowledge of the locations of the congressmen and VP, the layout, and he/she was giving out that information in real time.
    Calling it "organized" is a stretch. The pathetic few were less organized than McVeigh and Nichols.

Calling it "organized" is a stretch. The pathetic few were less organized than McVeigh and Nichols.
    McVeigh and Nichols blew up a building...

They were organized.

They had their plans.

Their plan failed.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is footage of Spazzo having an ear peace, while leading insurrection to attack windows. They were being sent instruction were senators were being taken and how to get to them.

The vast majority... Like Elizabeth from Knoxville Tennessee... were not organized. But, he proud boys directing traffic, were organized. While the federal government tried to enable them through inaction and obstacles. Micheal ‘we need marshal law’ Flynn’s brother was part of the federal response...

Edit: Elizabeth would be my spirit animal, if claiming spirit animals wasn’t cultural misappropriation:

Last edited by Felya; 2021-01-25 at 02:48 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    McVeigh and Nichols blew up a building...

They were organized.

They had their plans.

Their plan failed.
    And you reinforce my point.

The capital idiots didn't even accomplish that much.

That's not due to a lack of trying.

Their plan was likely to use the chaos of the mob to accomplish their goals.

It was organized, it was just a stupid plan, done by stupid people for stupid reasons.

15+ Year Old Account

Yeah, and you know that even attempting to commit a crime is still a crime, right?

Nobody is arguing that these dipshits were competent. Incompetent criminals still go to prison.

There were individuals in the crowd who had a plan and, according to the FBI, an insider feeding them intel. They had weapons and restraints. Someone planted pipe bombs and still hasn't been identified. Some intended to kill any lawmakers they may have come across.

They don't get off the hook because the execution was shoddy.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2021-01-25 at 05:22 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    They don't get off the hook because the execution was shoddy.
    Sadly that statement is more than enough for white Americans to get a slap on the wrist for their crimes.

Judge “Well I see you did not do too much damage so I will give you a warning this time. So do not do it again ok? Make me a promise you will do better as a true American”

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Nobody is arguing that these dipshits were competent.
    Then it seems to me that you're responding to the wrong post.