10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...-6/8011859002/

First felony conviction, 8 months for the dude that brought a Trump flag to the Senate floor.
    Eight months? Fuck that judge right in the ear. Sentencing guidelines are nearly double that at a minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Eight months? Fuck that judge right in the ear. Sentencing guidelines are nearly double that at a minimum.
    The DoJ asked for 18, saying harsher sentences are needed to act as a deterrent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    The DoJ asked for 18, saying harsher sentences are needed to act as a deterrent.
    The sentence for trafficking in cannabis is at least a decade and that does fuck all to stop trafficking, so.

Garland's DOJ is a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Garland's DOJ is a joke.
    Picking him over Doug Jones was a big mistake.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    Picking him over Doug Jones was a big mistake.
    Yep.

Then again, it's appropriate that Obama's "bipartisan" SCOTUS pick should be spineless - that is the only sort of Democrat amenable to the right wing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/...l-riot-charges

An off-duty Drug Enforcement Administration agent posed for photographs in which he flashed his DEA badge and firearm outside the U.S. Capitol during the Jan. 6 riot, according to a court filing Tuesday following the agent’s arrest.

A video posted on the internet also showed Mark Sami Ibrahim carrying a flag bearing the words “Liberty or Death” outside the Capitol, about 12 minutes before a mob of people pulled apart a nearby set of barricades, authorities said.

Ibrahim, 32, of Orange County, California, was a probationary employee of the DEA and was on personal leave from the agency when he traveled to Washington on Jan. 6. Several weeks before the riot, he had given notice of his intention to resign.

Ibrahim wasn’t working as a law-enforcement officer at the Capitol on Jan. 6, but he told investigators after the riot that he was there to help a friend who had been asked to document the event for the FBI.

The friend denied that, however, and told investigators that Ibrahim had concocted the false story to “cover his ass,” according to a case summary signed by senior special agent with the Justice Department’s Office of the Inspector General.

“According to Ibrahim’s friend, Ibrahim went to the rally in order to promote himself,” the OIG agent wrote. “Ibrahim had been thinking about his next move after leaving the DEA and wanted the protests to be his stage for launching a ‘Liberty Tavern’ political podcast and cigar brand.”
    Off-duty probationary DEA agent gets pinched at the riot, tries to blame a friend working for the FBI. His friend didn't back up his story, and said that the dude was trying to promote his podcast (fuckin lol) and cigar brand (also fuckin lol).

- - - Updated - - -

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5...an-6-committee

McCarthy tried to put Jim Jordan and Jim Banks on the Jan. 6 Committee, Pelosi said nah. Good on her, there's no reason to pointlessly elevate their political platforms and have them spend the entire investigation trying to gum up the works, misrepresenting the evidence and information, and straight up lying.

McCarthy tried to put Jim Jordan and Jim Banks on the Jan. 6 Committee, Pelosi said nah. Good on her, there's no reason to pointlessly elevate their political platforms and have them spend the entire investigation trying to gum up the works, misrepresenting the evidence and information, and straight up lying.
    And now McCarthy is removing all 5 repubs from the committee, which is probably what he wanted in the first place.

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/stat...89424910786560
    NEWS:
    @GOPLeader will pull all Republican members from the Jan. 6 committee in response to @SpeakerPelosi vetoing the appointment of @RepJimBanks and @Jim_Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    And now McCarthy is removing all 5 repubs from the committee, which is probably what he wanted in the first place.

Hey, that's fine. If Republicans don't want to send anybody they don't have to. Democrats can run their own Committee without Republicans. I genuinely hope they Bengazi the fuck outta this, and bring Donald Trump in to testify for 8 hours.

Shame Republicans didn't want the non-partisan commission.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, that's fine. If Republicans don't want to send anybody they don't have to. Democrats can run their own Committee without Republicans. I genuinely hope they Bengazi the fuck outta this, and bring Donald Trump in to testify for 8 hours.

Shame Republicans didn't want the non-partisan commission.
    Democrats offered Republicans a seat at the table.

Republicans are refusing.

That's what's going on here. Any claims otherwise are basically just lying.

Yeh people just walking around in a building and a woman being shot in the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphelios View Post
    Yeh people just walking around in a building
    And stealing shit. And taking pictures of private materials. And literally shitting and pissing there. And causing millions in property damage. And assaulting police. And searching for lawmakers and the Vice President with the stated intend of kidnapping/killing/harming them.

and a woman being shot in the head.
    Why didn't she just follow the agents orders? She shoulda listened to the cop with a gun and not tried to enter a broken window to a secure area while the officer had his weapon drawn and was issuing verbal commands to step away from the door.

taking bets they find nothing but will conclude anyway that it was ANTIFA and George Soros needs to be brought up on charges, but never will.

Didn't he already threaten to remove any Republicans who joined that committee from all their other committee assignments?

And stealing shit. And taking pictures of private materials. And literally shitting and pissing there. And causing millions in property damage. And assaulting police. And searching for lawmakers and the Vice President with the stated intend of kidnapping/killing/harming them.

Why didn't she just follow the agents orders? She shoulda listened to the cop with a gun and not tried to enter a broken window to a secure area while the officer had his weapon drawn and was issuing verbal commands to step away from the door.
    Yeh don't defy the holy sanctity of your precious government or get executed got it. You should get out more trust fund kid honestly. you should really watch the raw video of things instead of edited version on your rag "sources" that you link all the time.

Speaking of harming people and causing damage.

Hey lets play a game:

How much damage/money has Trump supporters/right caused recently?

How much damage/money has Antifa/left caused?

very peaceful indeed btw.

It's okay I'll wait. dont bend yourself into a pretzel too hard and dont call all your cartel of buddies to run in here to defend you its okay.

Since you insist how much you all hate billionaires and you love being cucked by them. Enjoy losing more of your rights to your dipshit government run by an alzheimers patient rofl.

oh shit i forgot my bad its a stutter he developed later in his life time when he was a more fluent speaker than obama was in his youth. fuck my bad its just a studder. shit!
    Last edited by Aphelios; 2021-07-21 at 07:15 PM. Reason: sry forgot its a stutter not alzheimers

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    taking bets they find nothing but will conclude anyway that it was ANTIFA and George Soros needs to be brought up on charges, but never will.
    No, the investigation that they want is into Nancy Pelosi. As speaker of the house, she is in charge of security. So they want to show that it's Nancy's fault everything happened. They even said the other day (before they quit) that they wanted to get Nancy in front of them to ask how she dropped the ball.

Since you insist how much you all hate billionaires and you love being cucked by them. Enjoy losing more of your rights to your dipshit government run by an alzheimers patient rofl.
    lol not sure if you know this but Saudi Arabia killed an American citizen and your boy Trump bent the knee to cover their asses for it. oh, and they're a bunch of billionaires that export Islamic extremism across the world. but Trump having serval businesses there is totally not a conflict of interest. talking about cuckoldry.

Yeh people just walking around in a building and a woman being shot in the head.
    I thought you were being sarcastic at first. Your account of the insurrection is so far off base that anything you say moving forward can be dismissed.

The best way to continue posting your fantasies would be to create a burner account.

Yeh don't defy the holy sanctity of your precious government or get executed got it.
    The irony of conservatives, who have been for years telling people, "Just listen to the cops and you won't get killed!" when the shoe is on the other foot. Almost like that was always a bad faith argument to begin with.

And yes, when an agent with a gun is telling you not to break through doors during a riot and enter a secure area where lawmakers are, you generally don't try to vault through the broken glass in the door. Think of it like, I dunno, "their house", and the rioters were the intruders. Like a home invasion.

you should really watch the raw video of things instead of edited version on your rag "sources" that you link all the time.
    I've watched the raw video -

Like this? The body camera footage of one of the officers assaulted, dragged to the ground, and hit with the American Flag on a pole?

Hey lets play a game:
    I don't like these games, so I won't play your game, thanks though!

No, the investigation that they want is into Nancy Pelosi. As speaker of the house, she is in charge of security. So they want to show that it's Nancy's fault everything happened. They even said the other day (before they quit) that they wanted to get Nancy in front of them to ask how she dropped the ball.
    ahhh, well, that was my second guess.

So basically, Benghazi 2.0. They don't give a shit about actually finding out what security failures led to the incident and how to fix them and what to improve in the future, they just want to hurt the other side politically.