10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md...general-miles/

Related -

If you work in government, especially as a lawyer, maybe don't publicly post your support of violent rioters/insurrectionists/lawbreakers while promoting the use of violence.

I assume this is more what she resigned over, as belief in/support of the "big lie" doesn't seem to be disqualifying.
    They'll be all "UNDERGROUND TUBERS! DEEPS TATERS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md...general-miles/

Related -

If you work in government, especially as a lawyer, maybe don't publicly post your support of violent rioters/insurrectionists/lawbreakers while promoting the use of violence.

I assume this is more what she resigned over, as belief in/support of the "big lie" doesn't seem to be disqualifying.
    She said they were "taken out of context" because no one knew what we do now that the election wasn't tampered with. Basically what she's saying is she's an idiot that would rather get angry for no reason first and sound like a nutter before using her brain.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Yet another example of why softballing many of the Jan 6ers was the wrong move. These people will absolutely do it again given the opportunity.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ble/ar-AATJWzj

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    Yet another example of why softballing many of the Jan 6ers was the wrong move. These people will absolutely do it again given the opportunity.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ble/ar-AATJWzj
    All the language is that of a person who thinks they did nothing wrong and are being unfairly persecuted.

"I was forced to do a plea deal because I was so damn scared for my life, and I don't even know what I signed, because I couldn't even get myself out of bed," she told fellow Trump supporters. "I’m signing this to stay out of jail," she said she told her lawyer, who she said she paid $80,000.

“They corner you into a plea deal,” she said. “I can’t spend any more money on an attorney, I can’t go back to prison.”

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Given that she herself said that she wouldn't have accepted the plea deal if she was stronger because of what Trump said about the pardons; shouldn't that be another example of obstruction of Justice on Trump's part? One that should be easier to charge him with than when he was in office?

Quote Originally Posted by Taifuu View Post
    Given that she herself said that she wouldn't have accepted the plea deal if she was stronger because of what Trump said about the pardons; shouldn't that be another example of obstruction of Justice on Trump's part? One that should be easier to charge him with than when he was in office?
    Not unless Trump had actually promised to pardon them. You can't hold him accountable for what people simply thought he might do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    All the language is that of a person who thinks they did nothing wrong and are being unfairly persecuted.

"I was forced to do a plea deal because I was so damn scared for my life, and I don't even know what I signed, because I couldn't even get myself out of bed," she told fellow Trump supporters. "I’m signing this to stay out of jail," she said she told her lawyer, who she said she paid $80,000.

“They corner you into a plea deal,” she said. “I can’t spend any more money on an attorney, I can’t go back to prison.”
    I've said it before, and I will continue saying it. Don't try to be the hero, if you aren't ready to suffer the consequences. Heroes do what they do despite the consequences in the name of what they believe in. If one tries to be a hero, and in the end it doesn't go their way, they should face the results with their chin held high, and ready to fully own their actions. Anything less is cowardice.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I've said it before, and I will continue saying it. Don't try to be the hero, if you aren't ready to suffer the consequences. Heroes do what they do despite the consequences in the name of what they believe in. If one tries to be a hero, and in the end it doesn't go their way, they should face the results with their chin held high, and ready to fully own their actions. Anything less is cowardice.
    Civil rights activists in the 60s broke unjust laws and violated cultural “norms” and were fully prepared to go to prison-or worse- to demonstrate to the world just how unfair and perverse these laws and norms were.

These insurrectionists, on the other hand, used their expendable time and income to break into a federal building, voiced the intent to murder politicians and overthrow a fair election, then walked out all smiles and giggles like they were coming away from a children’s birthday party and are now complaining about having to face the consequences of their grossly illegal actions.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Civil rights activists in the 60s broke unjust laws and violated cultural “norms” and were fully prepared to go to prison-or worse- to demonstrate to the world just how unfair and perverse these laws and norms were.

These insurrectionists, on the other hand, used their expendable time and income to break into a federal building, voiced the intent to murder politicians and overthrow a fair election, then walked out all smiles and giggles like they were coming away from a children’s birthday party and are now complaining about having to face the consequences of their grossly illegal actions.
    Exactly. And it is embarrassing for them.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...acies-1312914/

Apparently Jan. 6 is all Biden's fault! The US conservative movement is deeply deranged.

https://www.metrotimes.com/detroit/f...t?oid=29451045

And another cop-assaulter arrested, this was one of the guys that got a baton from the officers and started attacking them with it.

Reminder of what an angry mob of retards looks like when assaulting law enforcement and successfully breaking into a secure federal building in an attempt to kidnap lawmakers and overturn the results of a legal election.

The family of a Capitol rioter said that he died "of a broken heart" last week and blamed the justice system for ending "his zest for life."

Matthew Perna, a 37-year-old from Sharpsville, Pennsylvania, died on February 25, according to an obituary written by his family.

The obituary did not include an official cause of death for Perna, but his family wrote that "his community (which he loved), his country, and the justice system killed his spirit and his zest for life."

Perna was in attendance at the January 6, 2021, Capitol riot in Washington DC, his family said in the obituary.

According to his family, he was there to "peacefully stand up for his country."

"He entered the Capitol through a previously opened door (he did not break in as was reported)," his family wrote in the obituary. "He didn't break, touch, or steal anything. He did not harm anyone, as he stayed within the velvet ropes taking pictures."

According to a statement of facts from the FBI, Perna told investigators that he "walked right into" the Capitol on January 6, 2021.

Video of the riot obtained by Daily Motion and cited in the FBI's statement of facts shows Perna wearing a "Make America Great Again" hoodie and holding up a cellphone inside the Capitol, appearing to take photos or videos of the scene.

"Perna claimed that he was inside the Capitol building for only five to ten minutes," the FBI's statement of facts said. "In a later interview, Perna admitted that at one point he become frustrated, and, using a metal pole, tapped on a window of the Capitol building. "

The FBI's statement of facts said that investigators later found Facebook posts on Perna's account showing support for former President Donald Trump and QAnon.

According to the Justice Department's website, Perna was charged with obstruction of an official proceeding and aiding and abetting; entering and remaining in a restricted building or grounds; disorderly and disruptive conduct in a restricted building or grounds; and disorderly conduct in a Capitol building.

He pleaded guilty to all counts in December 2021, the Justice Department said. He had not yet been sentenced.

Perna's family said he was "persecuted by many members of his community, friends, relatives, and people who had never met him" because of his participation in the riot.

"Many people were quietly supportive, and Matt was truly grateful for them," his family said. "The constant delays in hearings, and postponements dragged out for over a year. Because of this, Matt's heart broke and his spirit died."

"Matt did not have a hateful bone in his body," his family added. "He embraced people of all races, income brackets, and beliefs, never once berating anyone for having different views."
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/family-ca...152653254.html
    He..."sob"...was..."sob"...just..."sob"...taking..."sob"...part..."sob"...in..."sob"...an. .."sob"...insurrection..."sob"...to..."sob"...over..."sob"...throw..."sob"...the..."sob".. .government..."sob"...Why..."sob"...was..."sob"...he..."sob"...treated..."sob"...like..."s ob"...a..."sob"...criminal? "Sob uncontrollably"

My favorite part is the end "He embraced people of all races, income brackets, and beliefs, never once berating anyone for having different views" because I call bullshit on that. You don't take part in that insurrection if you "embraced" all races, incomes, and beliefs. I can promise you this man only welcomed you if you were white straight and had a Big R next to your name waving a Trump 2020 flag over your head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/family-ca...152653254.html
    He..."sob"...was..."sob"...just..."sob"...taking..."sob"...part..."sob"...in..."sob"...an. .."sob"...insurrection..."sob"...to..."sob"...over..."sob"...throw..."sob"...the..."sob".. .government..."sob"...Why..."sob"...was..."sob"...he..."sob"...treated..."sob"...like..."s ob"...a..."sob"...criminal? "Sob uncontrollably"

My favorite part is the end "He embraced people of all races, income brackets, and beliefs, never once berating anyone for having different views" because I call bullshit on that. You don't take part in that insurrection if you "embraced" all races, incomes, and beliefs. I can promise you this man only welcomed you if you were white straight and had a Big R next to your name waving a Trump 2020 flag over your head.
    How much do you want to bet he wasn't vaccinated and died of COVID.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...ary-6-00013208

One of the Oath Keeper bigwigs will apparently be pleading guilty to seditious conspiracy. That's all.

- - - Updated - - -

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/oath...ry?id=83212947

Oh, I'm slow on this - he has plead guilty now.

Joshua James, 34, of Arab, Alabama, pleaded guilty to seditious conspiracy charges on Wednesday as part of deal with prosecutors contingent on his cooperation with the U.S. government in their ongoing prosecution of defendants who were involved in the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

The seditious conspiracy charge carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison and was the most serious to date brought by federal prosecutors in the nearly 14 months since the riot at the Capitol.
    There are 10 other Oath Keepers he can cooperate against, so this should be interesting.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...ary-6-00013208 One of the Oath Keeper bigwigs will apparently be pleading guilty to seditious conspiracy. That's all.
    That's quite a bit. He's looking at years in prison.

The seditious conspiracy charge carries a maximum sentence of 20 years.
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2022-03-02 at 11:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are 10 other Oath Keepers he can cooperate against, so this should be interesting.
    Yeah, I mean, they can't really let the rest go with a relative slap on the wrist now.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/03/polit...ail/index.html

Buried in a court filing late Wednesday from the January 6 committee is an explosive email exchange between Greg Jacob, a top lawyer for then-Vice President Mike Pence, and John Eastman, a lawyer who was working with then-President Donald Trump's legal team, that absolutely nails the culpability of Eastman in the events of that terrible day.

The email exchange began on January 5, with Eastman attempting to push the idea that Pence had the constitutional authority to reject certain electors from swing states when the votes were counted in Congress the next day.

On January 6 at 12:14 pm ET, as it was becoming increasingly clear that there was a Trump-inspired riot brewing at the US Capitol, Jacob was unequivocal in his rejection of Eastman's theories.

"I have run down every legal trail placed before me to its conclusion, and I respectfully conclude that as a legal framework, it is a results-oriented position that you would never support if attempted by the opposition, and essentially entirely made up," Jacob wrote Eastman. "And thanks to your bullshit, we are now under siege."

To which Eastman responds: "The 'siege' is because YOU and your boss did not do what was necessary to allow this to be aired in a public way so the American people can see for themselves what happened."

In his next response, Jacob drops the hammer: "The advice provided has, whether intended or not, functioned as a serpent in the ear of the President of the United States, the most powerful office in the entire world. And here we are."

Jacob went on:

"Respectfully, it was gravely, gravely irresponsible for you to entice the President with an academic theory that had no legal viability, and that you well know we would lose before any judge who heard and decided the case. And if the courts declined to hear it, I suppose it could only be decided in the streets. The knowing amplification of that theory through numerous surrogates, whipping large numbers of people into a frenzy over something with no chance of ever attaining legal force through actual process of law, has led us to where we are."
    It's a Chris Cillizza piece so it's not great, but the only relevant bits are the exchange quoted.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...ary-6-00013208

One of the Oath Keeper bigwigs will apparently be pleading guilty to seditious conspiracy. That's all.

- - - Updated - - -

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/oath...ry?id=83212947

Oh, I'm slow on this - he has plead guilty now.
    Joshua James, 34, of Arab, Alabama, pleaded guilty to seditious conspiracy charges on Wednesday as part of deal with prosecutors contingent on his cooperation with the U.S. government in their ongoing prosecution of defendants who were involved in the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

The seditious conspiracy charge carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison and was the most serious to date brought by federal prosecutors in the nearly 14 months since the riot at the Capitol.
    Legally speaking, this is not just a major development, but literally unprecedented in our times. If this continues, and we should all take a moment to recall that they go after the easier cases first, the ones they know they'll win, then this level is the "easy" version of Seditious Conspiracy.

We shall see what the DoJ allows the breadcrumbs to take us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    *snip*
    Also found out that WP subscribers can gift articles when a kind soul did so on twitter.
    WP and NYT, I think its 10 links a month on both, and the links are unlimited use for 2 weeks from being made
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    How does the Roger Stone documentary factor into this?
    *snip*

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...wBOo&itid=gfta

Also found out that WP subscribers can gift articles when a kind soul did so on twitter.
    can the jan 6th committee request all that footage now instead of waiting for release, Im sure they can make some deal as not to step on the offical release date
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.