Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Not really. They'd just call it a Democrat witch hunt and their base would eat it up. Just like they did when he was confirmed.
    When he was confirmed, they had Bitch McConnell covering for them and blocking evidence from the hearings while Trump was blocking the FBI from looking into it and lying about that and even blocked the results from being read or talked about treating them like the Arc of the Covenant where they had a single copy that you could only go in 1 at a time to read and not talk about or write anything down about.

Trump can't block the FBI or results, McConnell can't block any of it, and the evidence speaks for itself and you can actually use against the GOP asking why they knowingly allowed him to lie to their face under oath and get away with it.

They have Kavanaugh's number, they just are too weak to call it up.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Not really. They'd just call it a Democrat witch hunt and their base would eat it up. Just like they did when he was confirmed.
    It really fundamentally does not matter.

Either there are consequences for this kind of shit, or there aren't, and if there aren't, your country's already spiraling the drain, and if you can't make those consequences apply, then it's a question of when, not if, the nation collapses and has to be rebuilt from the ground up.

And if that's the case, planning for that collapse rather than pretending everything is okey-dokey is the only reasonable angle. If the plane's engines are failing, you don't ignore it and hope it fixes itself automagically, you start looking for someplace to do a controlled landing which will produce minimal (not zero) damage. If you don't start that process early enough, you slam into a suburb and kill hundreds, as opposed to a controlled landing on a highway or splashdown in a river from which everyone escapes.

All this "we can't do anything, this is how the systems work" statements are statements describing the collapsing of the nation's systems, not normal function. The collapse isn't even new; this started a good 20 years back. Pretending it's not failing just ensures that collapse is gonna be ugly as fuckin' hell.

Alternatively, you can make this shit start to actually have consequences again, and you can try and pull back up out of the tailspin. But if you can't, it's a matter of "when" the USA falls apart, not "if". You're in the middle of the chapter in the history books titled "Factors leading up to . . . "

So let's talk about Ginni Thomas. Basically she is bat shit crazy. An extreme right fundamentalist, who borders or is likely part of the religious right extremism of this country.

“One of the most dangerous aspects of the effort to overturn the election was the extent to which it was an explicitly religious cause,”
    DavidAFrench
    writes in response to the newly revealed texts between Ginni Thomas and Mark Meadows.

Just look around the world. Many gravitate or use their religion as extremism in government. I won't go to far but this is basically their religion or what how they see it is Good and the rest Bad. They want their principals and nothing else.

Now the interesting part. Ginni Thomas once belonged to Lifespring, a cult that makes you strip naked and body shame yourself if you are fat.
    . She left the cult but maybe a glimpse into her personality.

Now this is my tinfoil hat belief I had for a wild, that even tho Thomas is a staunch conservative the more and more I read up on Ginni Thomas, something felt as tho she had Clarence around her finger. I know I'm stepping into misogyny perhaps and certain cliche's about race. Bottom line is she ate the crazy bar and maybe Clarence Thomas took a few bites or the whole thing. Again, Thomas was always far, far right.

As New Yorker’s Jane Mayer notes , one of Ginni Thomas’ texts refers to talking with her “best friend”. That’s how she refers to her husband. That may throw the Thomas’ “we don’t talk about each other’s work” into doubt.. and pull fhe justice closer into this incredible story.

If you’re wondering who Ginni Thomas means by my “best friend,” here is Clarence Thomas calling his wife "my best friend”

Another interesting part which may tie Clarence with at least knowing is the text to Meadows refers to as "best friend". Seems to be their pet names for each other. Would be hard to prove but more evidence of Thomas knowing what her wife was attempting and future cover up of Jan 6th documents.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

It does make you wonder how much Clarence Thomas believes in those nutty conspiracy theories. I don't think you can stay happily married for long to someone who has completely gone off the deep end into coocoo Q land without either starting to believe it yourself, or wanting to get a divorce to get away from the crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    It does make you wonder how much Clarence Thomas believes in those nutty conspiracy theories. I don't think you can stay happily married for long to someone who has completely gone off the deep end into coocoo Q land without either starting to believe it yourself, or wanting to get a divorce to get away from the crazy.
    Well, there is a reason the GOP blocked legislation that would have put ethics requirements on Supreme Court Justices.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-attack-emails

Donald Trump’s lawyer John Eastman must turn over to the House select committee investigating the Capitol attack around a hundred emails he had refused to submit to the investigation, a federal judge ruled Monday, also saying Donald Trump “more likely than not” committed felonies over the January 6 insurrection.

The extraordinary ruling that paves the way for the select committee to obtain some of Eastman’s most sensitive emails concerning his illegal scheme to return Trump to office marks another major breakthrough for the investigation.

“Based on the evidence the court finds that it is more likely than not that president Trump and Dr Eastman dishonestly conspired to obstruct the joint session of congress on Jan 6, 2021,” ruled judge David Carter.

Among the emails that the judge ordered Eastman to turn over include messages forwarded to him by Trump’s attorney, Rudy Giuliani, recommending that Mike Pence, then vice-president, overturn the 2020 election and laid out a day-by-day plan of action leading up to January 6.
    Shit, gonna need to make a Costco run for popcorn.

Edit - More on this - https://www.axios.com/judge-trump-ea...760def3ec.html

"Their campaign was not confined to the ivory tower—it was a coup in search of a legal theory," Carter wrote.
    - - - Updated - - -

https://www.businessinsider.com/jare...-report-2022-3

Kushner voluntarily showing up to testify to the committee, apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-...rt-2022-03-28/

And yo, hell yeah haul in Ginni Thomas. What was her involvement in this? Who else was she talking to and spreading Facebook conspiracy theories to? How much was she telling Justice Thomas, and did he know about all of this when ruling on a case that he was directly involved in thanks to his wife?
    Last edited by Edge-; 2022-03-28 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-attack-emails

Shit, gonna need to make a Costco run for popcorn.

Edit - More on this - https://www.axios.com/judge-trump-ea...760def3ec.html

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.businessinsider.com/jare...-report-2022-3

Kushner voluntarily showing up to testify to the committee, apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-...rt-2022-03-28/

And yo, hell yeah haul in Ginni Thomas. What was her involvement in this? Who else was she talking to and spreading Facebook conspiracy theories to? How much was she telling Justice Thomas, and did he know about all of this when ruling on a case that he was directly involved in thanks to his wife?
    Not going to embed the gif, but here you go Edge, biggest bag of popcorn you can probably get, and will more than likely need more.

https://tenor.com/bhIh0.gif

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Not going to embed the gif, but here you go Edge, biggest bag of popcorn you can probably get, and will more than likely need more.

https://tenor.com/bhIh0.gif
    I'll need at least three of those, thanks.

Jan 6 Committee Chair @RepAdamSchiff calls out Justice Department for not acting yet on criminal contempt referral for Trump Chief of Staff Mark Meadows Congress voted Dec 14, no decision yet from AG Garland. Argues Congress can’t do oversight if it can’t enforce subpoenas
    https://twitter.com/mitchellreports/...NC-BfGUBA&s=19

This right here and unrelated Manhattan DA is why when I guess these idiots use; emai, social media, texts, phone call, etc. and wonder how.

Well, this shows that the Democrats and the whole system in general is one big failure.

I will say this with perhaps hyperbole. Letting this all slide will embolden them. Look at history not all coups succeed on first attempt. We are giving them a second chance.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

https://apnews.com/article/capitol-s...824562c14ef09f

A Maryland man who waved a Confederate flag attached to a lacrosse stick during the siege at the U.S. Capitol pleaded guilty on Tuesday to interfering with a police officer who was trying to disperse a crowd of rioters.

David Blair, 27, faces a maximum prison sentence of five years after pleading guilty to a felony charge of obstructing law enforcement during a civil disorder. Estimated sentencing guidelines in Blair’s case recommend a term of imprisonment ranging from eight to 14 months.

U.S. District Judge Christopher Cooper is scheduled to sentence Blair on July 13.

Blair was charged with assaulting a Metropolitan Police Department officer outside the Capitol during the Jan. 6, 2021, attack by a mob of Donald Trump supporters. Wearing a skull-themed face mask, Blair profanely taunted the officer and struck him with a wooden lacrosse stick adorned with a Confederate battle flag, prosecutors said. An officer’s body camera captured video of Blair waving the flag in front of a crowd that police were trying to disperse.
    That's...a weirdly unamerican way to protest.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/costareports/sta...90138037964800

NEWS: Former Trump national security adviser John Bolton said in an interview Tuesday, after the CBS-Post reporting was published, that he recalls Trump using the term “burner phones” in several discussions and that Trump was aware of its meaning…
    Yo, get these men under oath.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's...a weirdly unamerican way to protest.
    A flag of American traitors on the stick of a Canadian sport.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A flag of American traitors on the stick of a Canadian sport.
    Amusingly, given the Native American origins of lacrosse, it's even more hilarious because despite Native American's being the only "True Americans", they're not viewed as "American". At least before French colonizers largely adopted and altered the sport into the direction that we know it today.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...t-official-log

Donald Trump used an official White House phone to place at least one call during the Capitol attack on January 6 last year that should have been reflected in the internal presidential call log from that day but was not, according to two sources familiar with the matter.

The former president called the phone of a Republican senator, Mike Lee, with a number recorded as 202-395-0000, a placeholder number that shows up when a call is incoming from a number of White House department phones, the sources said.

The number corresponds to an official White House phone and the call was placed by Donald Trump himself, which means the call should have been recorded in the internal presidential call log that was turned over to the House select committee investigating the Capitol attack.
    Cool, investigate this and toss everyone found to have participated in this cover up in jail.

I hear only guilty people have to cover things up and take the Fifth.

NEWS: A month before Jan. 6, Mike Pence asked his top lawyer for an analysis of his role in counting electoral votes.

We obtained, and are publishing for 1st time, the text of the memo Greg JACOB produced the next day, Dec. 8, 2020.

Ahh yes, when his legal team said there was no way, that's when Pence stood up for democracy.

Remember people we were very close to a coup.

Funny thing is of course on my social media I saw article, possible opinion article, about worst VP Kamala Harris. I mean we don't have to look back less than 3 years on Pence. Oh btw should I mention frickin Dick Cheney, the architect of the Iraq War and other crimes.

Oh yea! I mean asking a month before also kind of shows they were trying an insurrection.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2022-03-30 at 10:44 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    NEWS: A month before Jan. 6, Mike Pence asked his top lawyer for an analysis of his role in counting electoral votes.

We obtained, and are publishing for 1st time, the text of the memo Greg JACOB produced the next day, Dec. 8, 2020.

Ahh yes, when his legal team said there was no way, that's when Pence stood up for democracy.

Remember people we were very close to a coup.

Funny thing is of course on my social media I saw article, possible opinion article, about worst VP Kamala Harris. I mean we don't have to look back less than 3 years on Pence. Oh btw should I mention frickin Dick Cheney, the architect of the Iraq War and other crimes.

Oh yea! I mean asking a month before also kind of shows they were trying an insurrection.
    They were planning this the moment Trump lost the election, back in November - when they knew they lost it legitimately.

The fact that we were so close to a coup will only show in history books down the road if we can prevent this kind of thing from happening again. But I fear some of the newer State rules on electoral counting have pushed us closer.

At this point the general assumption is that if right wingers are really concerned about a crime "the left" is doing, they're doing the crime themselves. So, most of the Q crowd are probably pedo's with CP on their computers and phones and shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point the general assumption is that if right wingers are really concerned about a crime "the left" is doing, they're doing the crime themselves. So, most of the Q crowd are probably pedo's with CP on their computers and phones and shit.
    In before...
    Bunter Hiden! But His Shemales!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    In before...
    Bunter Hiden! But His Shemales!
    Somehow I don’t think peddling “something something something, nebulous Biden/Ukraine conspiracy” is going to get the GOP much clout this time around.

…though to be fair, it really didn’t get them much clout last time.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2022-04-04 at 10:29 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Depends on what info they already have and what she’s saying.
    Depends on what info she is also corroborating, knowingly or unknowingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...tin-not-guilty

Announcing his decision from the bench, US District Judge Trevor McFadden said that although prosecutors argued there were numerous instances when Martin would have been aware that he wasn’t allowed on Capitol grounds or inside the building — as he walked past fences with signs saying “AREA CLOSED” and recorded video of a broken window, blaring alarms, police in riot gear, and people who appeared to have encountered tear gas — those were outweighed by Martin’s “plausible” belief that he had permission because officers didn’t try to stop him from entering.
    Yo, our justice system is completely, 100% broken. I hope this guy has his car stolen, and every replacement car stolen for the rest of his life.

Apparently if you're a white conserivative, being a literal illiterate retard is a strong enough defense to get away with crimes.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...ess-trial-jan6

WASHINGTON — Former president Donald Trump’s longtime adviser Steve Bannon can’t argue as a defense that he was relying on his lawyer’s advice when he refused to comply with subpoenas from the congressional committee investigating Jan. 6, a federal judge ruled Wednesday.
    Womp womp.