Page 3 of 338 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    The self-pitying myopia of this post is off the fucking charts. Protesting hundreds of years of casual, extrajudicial, racially-motivated murder, without consequences, while the country either ignores it or cheers it on is on the same moral plane as....what ARE the alt right grievances anyway? Accurately being called racists / fascists / nazis? Being asked to wear a mask to protect other people from a deadly virus? Can't say the n-word, but black people can? Property damage is equivalent to mass murdering people in churches, mosques, and Wal-Marts? Serious question--do you guys hear yourselves at all?
    I don't know what you are talking about (or really who it is directed at) but I don't see an attempt to mitigate the issues putting us at risk of insurrection or rebellion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    "Insurrection" "Civil War" etc, are themes being pushed by Russian and Chinese Trolls, and have absolutely no basis in reality.
    Endus is now on board with taking these issues as legitimate (as quoted in the OP) so I think this line of thinking is dead.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I would argue all insurrections and rebellions have the same root cause: loss of trust. Once a large enough percentage of the people no longer trust the system, it is inevitable. I think everyone actually agrees with this.

When there was rioting and looting this summer, the response by leadership in this nation was to show the protestors complete and total respect, to try to listen and understand them, to have the police even kneel in response, for corporations to embrace what they are angry about and say they are being listened to, etc. The entire package of that response was built on the idea that the correct way to calm everything down was to try to rebuild trust with the BLM movement and the rioters and looters.

The correct way to handle protests and violence from the right would then obviously be the exact same thing. If you buy in that it works for leftist protests, you should buy in it works also for right wing protests. I think the danger is that leadership in this country will NOT show they are listening to nor embrace the cause of the right wing protesters. So loss of trust will fester on that side.

Its not about if you believe in either side. Its about getting everyone calmed back down and back to the table.

- - - Updated - - -

Obviously, to discuss ways to prevent insurrection and rebellion.
    That is how you think they handled the BLM protests? I'd love it if they actually treated the fascists protesting like they treat BLM, but they never will.

The police kneeling and then those exact cops beating the shit out of the protestors did what exactly?

I don't know what you are talking about (or really who it is directed at) but I don't see an attempt to mitigate the issues putting us at risk of insurrection or rebellion.

- - - Updated - - -

Endus is now on board with taking these issues as legitimate (as quoted in the OP) so I think this line of thinking is dead.
    Endus is not on board with what you push. In fact with how much people disagree on this forum, what you push is one of few things you got almost everyone to agree with that is never gonna happen. The only people ever thinking there was gonna be a civil war are, still, in clown shoes.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2021-01-01 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    That is how you think they handled the BLM protests? I'd love it if they actually treated the fascists protesting like they treat BLM, but they never will.

The police kneeling and then those exact cops beating the shit out of the protestors did what exactly?
    If there are mass protests in DC on Jan 6th from the right wing and the cops don't kneel in response, that could be bad. I think that could incite a riot right there. Cops will need to be neutral and treat both sides with kneeling I'd think. Kneel for leftist BLM protests? Then kneel for right wing protests contesting the election results also.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    If there are mass protests in DC on Jan 6th from the right wing and the cops don't kneel in response, that could be bad. I think that could incite a riot right there. Cops will need to be neutral and treat both sides with kneeling I'd think. Kneel for leftist BLM protests? Then kneel for right wing protests contesting the election results also.
    What part of those exact same cops where 'kneeling' then getting up and beating up the BLM protestors later in the day did you not understand? And yeah, we'll see how much better fascist protestors are treated when they won't get the shit beat out of them by the cops.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    What part of those exact same cops where 'kneeling' then getting up and beating up the BLM protestors later in the day did you not understand? And yeah, we'll see how much better fascist protestors are treated when they won't get the shit beat out of them by the cops.
    Really this is not the thread for this. This is not a rant thread. This is an idea thread.

What good solutions do you have to prevent insurrection and rebellion in the US at this point?

Really this is not the thread for this. This is not a rant thread. This is an idea thread.

What good solutions do you have to prevent insurrection and rebellion in the US at this point?
    The solution is to not elect nazi's, and continue to mock civil war clowns.

7+ Year Old Account

You seem to be assuming that civil war is coming. Anytime somebody is making a doomsday prophecy the onus is always on that person to prove that doom is on the horizon.

If you can't prove why something specific must happen in the future then you should simply assume that society will progress in a boring/incremental manner.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-01-01 at 11:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

If your basing your idea of how one is going to happen based on made up shit... you're not bringing anything to argue against.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2021-01-02 at 12:35 AM.

You could just say the alt-right has no legitimate grievances. And no, you won't see any attempt to "mitigate the issues putting us at risk of insurrection" because the burden isn't on us--it's on them to get their shit straight and try to rejoin humanity.

Beyond that, what can one say about the absurdity of you pretending (or truly believing, you pick) crybaby wannabe nazis deserve a seat at any negotiation table, or have anything at all worth saying that anyone should bother paying any attention to, or your contemptibly ludicrous claim that violent white supremacists feeling sorry for themselves are even in the same moral universe as BLM and thus deserve the same consideration, other than it's morally repugnant, and, as I noted, self-pityingly myopic almost beyond reckoning.

Oh hey, quick reminder that you all but guaranteed the "insurrection" would commence if Trump were impeached, and then that the BLM protests would set it off, and I think maybe the election, and I probably missed a few others, who knows, so you're a cool 0 for whatever so far. But if a bunch of racist assholes in confederate flag underwear do get violent, I have no doubt the military will swiftly and resoundingly humiliate them. And the rest of the world will applaud them for it.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    You could just say the alt-right has no legitimate grievances.
    Actually, when it comes to insurrection and rebellion, "true" legitimacy (however you want to define it) does not matter. All that matters is if enough people think it is legit. If 65% of a nation thinks the earth is flat and take up arms and start a rebellion against the other 35%, you have a rebellion and the legitimacy means nothing. And if your options are to accept some level of that delusion as truth or have a massive rebellion where millions of innocents die, you kinda turn towards acceptance or finding a way to avoid rebellion.

This isn't a debate on which side is right. This is looking at how to prevent rebellion and insurrection.

7+ Year Old Account
    Actually, when it comes to insurrection and rebellion, "true" legitimacy (however you want to define it) does not matter. All that matters is if enough people think it is legit. If 65% of a nation thinks the earth is flat and take up arms and start a rebellion against the other 35%, you have a rebellion and the legitimacy means nothing. And if your options are to accept some level of that delusion as truth or have a massive rebellion where millions of innocents die, you kinda turn towards acceptance or finding a way to avoid rebellion.
    The amount of people who want civil war is maybe 3% though. Not 35% or 65%.
    This isn't a debate on which side is right. This is looking at how to prevent rebellion and insurrection.
    You don't need to prevent something that's not set to happen.

Well, you've made your opinion very clear over the years. You think the way to prevent the civil war would be for the left to just lay down and die.

No, this is a thread to for you to satiate your fetish for trying to pander to Nazis, and push discord. Now, the only real question is why you are so easily aroused by the idea of shilling for Nazis.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a word for giving people what they want for no legal reason, but out of a hope they might not be violent after threatening to be so.

appeasement
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

a whole bunch of automatic weapon fire and military weapons used on a stupid bunch of milita hicks.....will send the whole idea of them "rising" up against the tyranical govt into the toilet when they realize how fucking stupid they are.
    They will go back to masterbating to Red Dawn or something...
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account

Then fucking let them, actually use your bloated military budget for something good.
    As much as I hate the US military, you wont hear me over the death of a few thousand nazis who think they can beat drones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm... right wing protestors think kneeling is an insult... try again...

- - - Updated - - -

Make fun of people who say shit like this, like we did with Mayan 2012 doomsday prophecy. After telling the cops to kneel to show respect, without realizing NFL players kneeling is part of the Trump supporter complaint... the merit of everything you say, should be self evident.

Should be.......

Edit: Kneeling for the left, is like buying Trump merchandise is for the right. It’s how you show respect...
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-01-02 at 01:40 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The country would have to be on lockdown, markets closed, and running water and electricity shut off before people would be pulled from their distractions to realize they need to respond.

Oh dear, trouble in insurrection paradise: https://twitter.com/RonGOPVet4Biden/...569873408?s=20

Now they ARE getting treated like BLM protesters.
    Last edited by Levelfive; 2021-01-02 at 07:03 PM.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit