Question about post 50 leveling

Is the exp from questing the same everywhere after 50 or shadowlands wields much more than older content?

If you go from 50 to shadowlands you have to complete lots of side quests so I'd rather play older content for like 2-3 levels in order to avoid side quests completely.

all content besides shadowlands gives less for lvl50 onwards.
    Quests, kill exp, etc. A lot less.

Pvp experience gain should not change above 50..

Enabling Party Sync (because you expect to get around that current implementation) and getting synced with a <lvl 50 character only increases kill exp as if the enemy is your level. But quest turn ins with party sync on will also give a lot less for <lvl50 quests if you are > lvl 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Is the exp from questing the same everywhere after 50 or shadowlands wields much more than older content?

If you go from 50 to shadowlands you have to complete lots of side quests so I'd rather play older content for like 2-3 levels in order to avoid side quests completely.
    Best to just do the route where you pick where you want to go and do quests and also Id recommend to do PVP since it is currently the best way to gear, some dungeons mixed in. Id recommend to stay away from the bonus objectives since they take forever to fill the bar and don't reward enough xp for the time to make them worth it in the end.

You don't need to do almost any side quests to get to lvl 60 in SL

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioriel View Post
    Yeah, totally this. If your toon is a gatherer of any kind you'll be fine just smashing through the storyline.
    You can do dungeons as well, that helps, too.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

If you just stick to the story mode, you have to do a handful of side quests to be able to go to Maldraxxus. I think there's another bit late on in Revendrath where you'll have to do the same. I'd get them out of way early in Bastion, because they're easier then.

But really, I don't bother with that any more and just do the Threads of Fate mode instead. I think the side quests are better for levelling than the story because it's more traditional kill and collect quests, and less standing around listening to endless RP that makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    You can do dungeons as well, that helps, too.
    I wish all 8 were available though, since just having 4 gets old fast.
    Last edited by Blackmist; 2021-02-12 at 03:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

You are doing something wrong if you are doing side quests at all if you are leveling the default story way. You will hit 60 before hitting the end of Revendreth. Now if you are doing Threads of Fate, well side quests are what you signed up for, but even then you don't do as many as you would think if you plan out your route ahead of time.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

If your ally just level with war mode enabled. You'll get like a 15-25% xp boost and can just do the main story quests for each zone till 60. If your horde you can do the same, but you'll have to some sides quests. For horde I'd just pick whatever zone you like the most and do the side quests there and just do the story quest everywhere else. Also threads of fate is a lie never pick it. Always choose to do the story and just quest till your like 59 and 3/4s and then turn on treads of fate and finish out the rest. That way you can skip having to complete the main story on alts. If you hit 60 on alt with the original story path you'll have to complete everything again to unlock your Cov.

10+ Year Old Account
    You will get 90% less exp.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Just did again 50-60 with a Druid with WM off (bye gankers) following the campaign only. Did not ANY side quest at all.

I had only two barriers: at a certain point of the Kyrian campaign you need to be 53 to go on with the campaign: solved doing a dungeon or two. At a certain point of the Ardenweald campaign you need to be 58 to go on with the campaign: solved again by running a couple of dungeons. I did a third dungeon also, fearing I would have finished the campaign at Revendreth without being 60, instead I dinged 60 having still to do chapters 6/7 of the campaign so I could probably avoid doing the third dungeon when I was in Ardenweald.

I think I’ll level all my alts like this, I don’t like Threads of Fate where you have to wander the maps scouting for side quests to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidan View Post
    If you hit 60 on alt with the original story path you'll have to complete everything again to unlock your Cov.
    this is fixed , even at 60 you can talk to the npc in oribos to switch to ToF avoiding the unlocks

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidan View Post
    If your ally just level with war mode enabled. You'll get like a 15-25% xp boost and can just do the main story quests for each zone till 60. If your horde you can do the same, but you'll have to some sides quests. For horde I'd just pick whatever zone you like the most and do the side quests there and just do the story quest everywhere else. Also threads of fate is a lie never pick it. Always choose to do the story and just quest till your like 59 and 3/4s and then turn on treads of fate and finish out the rest. That way you can skip having to complete the main story on alts. If you hit 60 on alt with the original story path you'll have to complete everything again to unlock your Cov.
    Last thing you mentioned has been fixed 2 months ago or so.

If you choose to follow the story you can choose later, anytime, to talk with the NPC in the back of the inn in Oribos to switch to ToF whenever you want. Of course you cannot go back once you do, but you can also do it when you hit 60 and you still haven’t finished the campaign, it will take you in the “ToF status” immediately and you’ll be immediately be able to pick up your covenant regardless how many chapters of the campaign you’re still missing.

Noice qol change. At next alt I will probably follow the story again and queue for dungeons in the meantime, should be by far the fastest way to level, then I will turn on ToF when I’ll ding 60 probably sometime while being in late Maldraxxus or mid Ardenweald.
    Last edited by chiddie; 2021-02-12 at 05:02 PM.