GPU help and ideas.

So unfortunately I missed out on another BB drop today... well I had a 3070 in cart twice and sold out twice on shipping info FML. I have an old EVGA rtx 960 laying around I could use. My current parts I have for my new build are a 5600x, Tomahawk x570, Corsair em 750 psu, be quiet dark rock pro 4, crucial ballistix 32gig ddr4-3600, and sabrent rocket 4.0 nvme 1tb add. Would this hold me over until I’m able to acquire a current gen card? I’m only going to be playing WoW, Apex, and Rust. Thanks for the help!

If by "will it get me through" you mean "will it enjoyable" - thats a question only you can answer.

Will it work? 100%.

Will it provide performance you find playable? Thatll depend on you and the settings you're OK playing at.

There's no reason not to put the machine together and try.

As for getting a new GPU - well, welcome to the lottery or spending a ton of time on various third party sites sniping for deals (i spent about 2 1/2 - 3 weeks on Facebook Market looking for a good deal on a 3080, which i scored by pouncing immediately and offering a trade of my old GPU in the bargain).

Or waiting till May. At the earliest. As both AMD and nVidia said at CES that they expect shortages to continue through their Q1, which ends in April.

Okay folks, I’m just going to go for it and slap it in the new build, and wait my precious time to get that new card!