Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Best wow music ever made

So, you have to choose. What is your top three wow music ever made?

I'll start off

1.Wrath of the lich King - Invincible (probably my most favorite piece of game music)
    2.Vanilla WoW - The music of each starting zone (of which I still have incredible fond memories)
    3.Wrath of the lich King - Grizzly Hills (that feeling of entering this zone)

For me:

3. Storm Peaks. Good atmosphere, really fits the zone.
    2. Teldrassil. Very serene. Great afk music.
    1. Nightsong (parts of this play in Ashenvale):

Deleted
    Always loved The Shaping of the World from the original vanilla soundtrack, ever since I played the CD for the very first time. Don't remember them using the music in the game apart from few bits in Hyjal raid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdssSp_2pcM

Edit:

Started thinking about how many good songs and themes there are out there and figured id break it by expansions:

Vanilla:
    So many awesome songs, all the starting areas, the loading screen music, the song of Elune, call to arms. I'll have to go with the Dun Morogh / Winterspring zone theme. Spent so much time in Winterspring mining/herbing/chilling back then but never got tired of the music.
    https://youtu.be/S-hYpfNnlv0

TBC:
    All the zone songs bring back good memories here too, but IMO TBC was music wise prolly the weakest expansion. I do love the songs, but there are not nearly as many that still find their way onto my playlist. Did love the expansion tho. For the best song it was a coin toss between the Sin'dorei theme and Lament of the Highborne, but returning that necklace and having Sylvanas sing for you takes the cake.
    https://youtu.be/No6jHwe0QoQ

WotLK:
    Oh boy, so many good pieces of music. Invincible, Grizzly hills, Storm Peaks, Howling Fjord etc. In the end I have to go with Conservatory of Life. Ulduar was just such a good raid, and this one little green room had the best music ever, had to turn in-game music on every time.
    https://youtu.be/3GgYm0xhJBg

Cata:
    Nightsong is mentioned above which is awesome. I also loved the new zone theme of Tanaris but i'll have to go with the music of the zone which everybody seems to hate. The zone was ok for me apart from few glitches, and I have gone back and done it few times just for fun, but boy oh boy is the music relaxing. Vashj'ir zone theme just has something magical in it, truly fitting for a vast underwater area.
    https://youtu.be/YgOJvUBydmA

MoP:
    Boy did i love this expansion from start to finish. Yeah the barrage of dailies in the start and then the drought in the end sucked, but I never really ran out of things to do. The story was pretty dark, specially some quests. Shame the lolpanda people never experienced it. And the music was great. The login screen music from 5:15 onwards still gives me the chills. But the best track has to be the Timeless Isle zone theme. Holy crap how good can music get. Did not hurt that the zone itself was one of my favorites.
    https://youtu.be/7jqj6ACgT1c-

WoD:
    Storywise not the strongest expansion but music quality was still top notch. Gorgrond zone music was instantly stuck to my head as were few others. Many times i traveled to Shadowmoon as horde, just to ride around and listen to the music. Yeah there is youtube etc, but it was fun to just run around and listen to the music change, Moonwillow peak was my favorite sub-zone and would have been my choice for the best music, if not for Light in the Darkness, parts of which can also be heard in Shadowmoon. Such a beautiful zone, such a beautiful music.
    https://youtu.be/x0k_T72hjdw

Legion:
    Many great songs like always. When I started leveling my main I randomly picked a zone and ended up in Stormheim. Those bagpipes, damn. Howling Fjord flashbacks, but still different. The other zones were not far behind but Stormheim was the most memorable. I was sure that would be my pick too, until i remembered the Collector's Edition CD. I am sure bits and pieces of this song play in-game too but as I play mostly horde I don't remember coming across it. A World Divided.
    https://youtu.be/0oePQ8OnAWo
    Last edited by mmoc9304db49d4; 2017-09-30 at 10:46 PM.

This is the best piece of music in WoW's history. Brings back so many memories when I played during The Burning Crusade with so many real life friends, the raids, everything was great back then.

You can hear some parts of this music at Eversong Woods, just really love the instruments and the feeling of depression.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxal
    While in a Naxx25 raid near the beginning of wrath, our MT decided to go to the bathroom with his wireless headset on. Unfortunatly, had vent set to voice activated. We heard it all, including the flush, and no hand washing before he said "ok, back, with food!" ...
    Quote Originally Posted by derfel
    Dem trolls don't mess wit da fel. Tis' be bad magic, mon.

10+ Year Old Account

can we say /thread ?
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Impossible to say, so much brilliant music in this game. The latest additions are once again breathtaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if it's just nostalgia speaking, but the early themes in Teldrassil/The Barrens honestly actually bring tears to my eyes. The good old simple days. The music itself is of extremely high quality too.

I also loved the Grizzly Hills theme, and the Storm Peaks music. Zangarmarsh and Shattrath I liked too.

1. Invincible - Easily the best one, such a great and emotional song where they even had Jillian Aversa & Russell Brower to perform at Video Games Live

2. Arthas, My Son - One of the better and more memorable WoW songs that did its job quite wel lot set up the mood in WotLK, even all the remixes are really good

3. The Shaping of the World - I love a lot of the classic WoW soundtracks as it shaped up the game I love since then, still a great piece of art to hear it back

Deleted
    Really hard to narrow it down to 3 but I'll try.

1) Hellfire Peninsula
    2) Jaina's Theme
    3) Vortex Pinnacle

Love the song in Grizzly Hills;

And who can forget this gem:

And most nostalgic for me is this:

Many a Tauren character of mine has run through with it playing.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-09-30 at 10:22 PM.

I really like the Vale of Eternal Blossoms music. I really wish they would put an NPC in there to let me turn it back to the way it used to be, because the time I think if there was any zone that I would want to live in WoW, it would be vale from before it was destroyed. Other favorites:

The music from the FIRST trailer for WotLK, the one where the paladin and the priest get off the boat and the paladin becomes a DK. I know part of it plays during the WotLK log in music, but don't know where else it's found, assuming it IS part of a soundtrack somewhere else.

TBC log-in music. I've liked the log-in music for a lot of the other expansions (MoP is my 2nd favorite with WotLK in a close 3rd place), but this iteration is the one that sticks with me the most (I never got anything really accomplished in TBC, but I remember elementary school Saturday nights spent whittling the time away in Nagrand with cartoons in the background).

Arthas, my son + Invincible. TO ME, they are parts 1 and 2 of the same song. They both touch me in a way that makes me feel melancholy and sad; it's the perfect tone to really capture the tragedy of Arthas' arc.

Last song I will say is the music in Ulduar at the start of the raid, when you are knocking down FL, Ignis, Razorscale, and XT. It has a really whimsical feeling that I really love.

EDIT: I had to add one more, because it hit me that I wouldn't feel right if I failed to mention the Sunwell Plateau music. The piece from the trailer where Kael is narrating his story, really captures the sadness of the Blood Elves for me; and it's the piece I associate most strongly with them when I think back.
    Last edited by Weaponized Nuclear Kitten; 2017-09-30 at 10:24 PM.

1. Skyreach Dungeon. Don't know why but when it picks up at 3 minutes that shit just gets epic. Spires has similar music but not that.

2. Sha of Pride fight music. Same reason as Skyreach. Couple of minutes in it picks up and sounds like a real fight. Like we are struggling.

3. Mists Inn music. It's lively. Simple as that really. I love the Kazoo music because it's the last thing you'd expect in a game like this but it works for theme of Inn it represents.

Some honourable mentions would be Auchindoun in WoD, Everbloom, Sunwell, Frostfire Ridge and pretty much every login screen music.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    Not sure if it's just nostalgia speaking, but the early themes in Teldrassil/The Barrens honestly actually bring tears to my eyes. The good old simple days. The music itself is of extremely high quality too.

I also loved the Grizzly Hills theme, and the Storm Peaks music. Zangarmarsh and Shattrath I liked too.

Man how could I forget Teldrassil, brings the same feeling of nostalgia to me. I remember spending a lot of time there too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxal
    While in a Naxx25 raid near the beginning of wrath, our MT decided to go to the bathroom with his wireless headset on. Unfortunatly, had vent set to voice activated. We heard it all, including the flush, and no hand washing before he said "ok, back, with food!" ...
    Quote Originally Posted by derfel
    Dem trolls don't mess wit da fel. Tis' be bad magic, mon.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Love the song in Grizzly Hills;

And who can forget this gem:

And most nostalgic for me is this:

Many a Tauren character of mine has run through with it playing.
    I really wish i had a reason to go back to grizzly hills sometimes and enjoy the most immersive music i have ever heard in any game ive ever played( and ive probably played over a thousand)

This is probably the hardest question to answer. My mind immediately went to the grizzly hills theme, but the MoP inn music and a goblin theme from cata stand out too. Wrath loading screen music is super nostalgic.

Say what you want about WoW, but it's music is always top-notch.

The 8.0 Login Music sounds promising.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Terokkar forest music(best part is in talador as well)
    Song of Elune(played in Nelf areas)
    Storm peaks/Ulduar
    Highmountain/Trueshot Lodge.

Love WoW music, its always good!

Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    So, you have to choose. What is your top three wow music ever made?

I'll start off

1.Wrath of the lich King - Invincible (probably my most favorite piece of game music)
    2.Vanilla WoW - The music of each starting zone (of which I still have incredible fond memories)
    3.Wrath of the lich King - Grizzly Hills (that feeling of entering this zone)

1_ All Ashenvale/Teldrassil music.
    2_ The original (vanilla) Tanaris music (creepy)!
    3_ Zangamarsh (mainly for the nostalgia of first walking from Hellfire into some magical mushroom land for the first time.)

Deleted
    On Sholazar, starting at minute 32 here, just beautiful, it nearly brings a tear to my eyes every damn time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3cSt5tW7YQ

Picking three from one continent is hard enough, never mind the entire game.

So I'll pick Northrend.

Storm Peaks
    Howling fjord
    Sholozar