Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Micfeind View Post
    Isn't she already called Photon in the comics tho?
    Regarding her first appearance, not in later years.
    her first name was captain marvel. then in no specific order pulsar, daystar, photon and spectrum. she's currently spectrum.

I'll always guess whatever their current name is because trademarks. Otherwise Carol would be Ms. Marvel, which she was almost 40 years, you know?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    So.... Was he talking about.... Dude in white?

Cuz if so, that's the best trolling I've seen in a while
    Yeah, though I think most had accepted it before the episode aired. I just call him Wision.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2021-03-06 at 02:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

15+ Year Old Account
    long random shit I thought rewatching the first 8 plus the last episode

Spoiler: 
    Ep 1 22 minutes of actual show
    • The toaster ding is so much more ominous now that we know what it is.
    • The "married men are killing single men at an alarming rate" joke is dynamite.
    • When the wife asks where they're from, when they moved and why they don't have kids they use a wide shot to show her and Bettany while he blusters, but they could easily have done a close-up on Wanda's face the whole time it's so good.
    • Late in the episode Vision's boss says "From what I've seen here tonight you can barely keep it together. I mean look around, there's all this chaos going on in your household."
    • When the boss gets angry and slams the table he's mid chew and everyone is frozen in their seat. He starts choking, Vision sits and stares at Wanda, and the wife keeps saying "stop it" from a joking to pleading tone while looking at Wanda. No one does anything until Wanda regains her senses and tell Vision to help him.

Ep 2 29 minutes
    • Hard to believe the Monica actress is the same as Geraldine. She looks and acts so completely different.
    • I still don't think we've seen what happened to the beekeeper. (Future Editor's note:never do, rip franklin.) I've seen a theory he was transmuted into Fietro.
    • At the end of the episode the screen closes around her and vision kissing but instead of a circle it's a hexagon.

Ep 3 25 min
    • Similar to the end of 2, in the brady bunch opening sequence the 2 are framed by hexagons multiple times.
    • The soap commercial. "When you want to get away but you don't want to go anywhere." I had thought the commercials were chronological but despite being about Hydra it's clearly about the Hex, unless it's some way connected to what happened when she interacted with the stone?
    • The Monica actress is so versatile and good in every iteration. The stork is still kinda weird. Vision having super speed is still odd and never really got (gets) attention.
    • This should 100% have been with included with the first 2 episodes being released. My guess is they delayed it to fill another week so much time happend between it and F&WS.

Ep 4 28 min
    • I still love her giving that glance to the asshole desk clerk who chests up on her id not working.
    • I did NOT notice her mom's name on the mural saying Maria "Photon" Rambo.
    • So she mentions Observation and Response are new to the acronym with Creation missing. Guess it used to be SWCD. Far less catchy.
    • The beekeeper's name was Franklin and he passes through the barrier really easily compared to Monica later. Maybe because of the suit, it was weaker underground, she fortified it after the attacks, or because Monica had already gone through it twice and it gained resistance.
    • The vision jump scare is even more impressive because it wasn't accompanied by the normal SCREECH music horror movies attach.

Ep 5 33 min
    • Kinda sad we're done with the sitcom stuff. Having to wait for a week with little story progressed sucked, but watching it all at once makes it zoom by like nothing. Hayward also scuttles under the radar far easier.
    • Agnes sounding sincere when she asked if Wanda could bring back the dead always got attention, but when she says she can't we get a quick shot of Agatha looking either immensely relieved/disappointed, as if she had a glimpse of hope about something.

Ep 6 30 min
    • Olsen said on a talk show once that when Whedon was talking to her about the character he said "I know after you hang up you're going to google search this character. Trust me that you will never have to wear that costume."
    • Cut to this Halloween episode (where she looks awesome.)

Ep 7 28 min
    • Ok so in response to what I posited earlier, when Monica is trying to drive in they say the Hex density is matching her. So Wanda most likely put in some stronger defenses when she expanded it. Her clothes stayed the same this time.
    • I thought maybe Agatha was behind Wanda seeing Vision and Pietro's dead bodies, but she's nowhere around either time and it doesn't show up in her theme sequence so idk. Siding with it makes sense so probably?

aftrer this I got tired and maybe a little drunk and despite stopping at 11pm then deciding not to continue at 12:30 when the episode was out, I went to sleep so the streak was interrupted

Ep 8 38 min
    • Wanda heard the Hydra scientist say no one had survived touching the stone over the intercom and didn't hesitate continuing.
    • Didn't notice the boxes of blu-rays on the ground in her avengers complex room, just presumed it was on tv, but her intentionally seeking them out makes it more meaningful.

Ep 9 42 min - total series was around 4 hours 35 min
    • Lol wizard of oz
    • Expected wanda and vision to swap enemies since she couldn't use her magic against agatha without being drained and visionxwision was a stalemate
    • never been so disappointed by a bohner
    • "Have fun in prison!" her voice in this and ep 4 have a really unique musical quality
    • That sped-up horror movie thing she does before putting Agatha into a nightmare was a nice callback
    • I caught her intentionally hitting the hex but the runes reveal was epic. That's one of those scenes you make as a writer that feels powerful but rarely gets executed perfectly. The writer must have shed a tear upon seeing the final cut.
    • sweet Disney princess transformation, wanda. love the dress. they really made that face mask a crown. it'll never look kooky to me again.
    • loved the vision(s) *snicker* resolution
    • sad agatha turned out to be so basic. she really swapped being cackling villain and concerned elder every couple minutes. at least there's more to come.
    • near the end when vision says "shall we head home" there's a dude on on a humvee behind a mounted turret just chilling in the background
    • so the scarlet witch "destroying" the world could also be interpreted as breaking or changing it. this felt pretty house of M but maybe things get even "M"ier. if she mixes universes (which i still find a distasteful solution) and remakes it into one it could be interpreted as destroying. also we still have no team up movie scheduled for phase 4 like avengers. it's /possible/ stuff could get battleworlded into secret wars.
    • she enters her home with a full family and walks out of her not-house with nothing
    • bettany and olsen are so powerful together
    • AND EVEN AN ANDROID CAN CRY
    • I wish she'd left something behind for the residents. nothing could absolve her but just some sign of contrition like cleaning up the houses that are in a bad state from a couple weeks without cleaning, or stocking everyone's fridges. Not in an obvious way but something for them to discover.
    • the credits fx hit harder after that ending
    • We never saw where wision peaced out to? his programming was to destroy vision but he was also freed from his programming

anyway i loved it.

buzzfeed did some great articles about breakdowns, callbacks and references for each episode that are worth it. You can scroll to the bottom to see them in order

https://www.buzzfeed.com/noradominic...U62Nws9pX9lJN0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If there really are no more new cameos I at least hope we find out who Ralph is.
    I mean I already knew the case because they said that we'd be a bit disappointed but if you put aside your comics expectations you'll enjoy it. It was true though. So I went in prepared for no Mephisto etc. I do hate the bait and switch they did in terms of Fietro on the promo image for this week that had Vision, the boys, Fietro, and Wanda in like a field together which implied he'd matter...

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It not being related to Hayward just makes it less understandable.

You're reading way too much into a single very iffy interpretation, and then getting upset you were wrong all along.
    Lack of self-awareness within a single response, everyone!

Aaaanyway, I rather enjoyed the final episode but I also went into it with the thought of "if there's no crazy cameo, don't be disappointed. Take this for what it is and nothing more" and that seemed to help. Lofty expectations are the best way to wreck a good thing. The Vision resolution was a little predictable, but I loved the formatting of the resolution. I was afraid the white Vision would be swayed by the power of love or some bullshit, but I like that they had him logically reason his way to the outcome. It seems more fitting for the character. The reveal of the runes was also nice. I also laughed hard at the Ralph Boehner thing, which was a nice throwback to Growing Pains (I assume?) The only thing I'm kinda iffy on was that astral-projection Wanda seemed to be attempting to resurrect her kids after finally coming to terms with the grief, but maybe I'm looking too much into that scene. It could be that she was merely researching the book and their "souls" called out to HER. I'll have to watch it again and notice the finer details. All in all, I loved the television format of the show and thought it was wrapped up decently.

One question: Why was Ralph Boehner super speedy? Was it an enchantment Agatha put on him to trick Wanda? If you have the power to make people superpowered, why not just create an army of supers to do your bidding? Did Wanda accidentally do it? Did those powers go away when the Hex did? If they were caused by the Hex by rearranging his molecules like Monica's, could they also be permanent? I feel this is the one avenue I haven't fully grasped.
    Last edited by Nastard; 2021-03-06 at 04:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a reason why I stopped being hyped when talking about Mephisto, since it didn't really happen or just became less about that and just references(Like hey comics.....). It became obvious a lot of the fan speculation was just that, speculation but...hype can do that over excite you.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I can’t be the only one that’s really irritated with them casting Evan Peters, right? He was added to the show to deliberately excite the audience, and then they end it with him being some random nobody with some stupid name that a 6th grader would have given him?

Really? That’s just insulting to the viewers... like a slap in the damn face.
    Completely agree.

In fact, thinking about it, it feels worse now because this is the same shit they pulled in Iron Man 3 with The Mandarin (Looking forward to the iconic rival of Iron Man? Hohohoho, fuck you, he's just some random scrub).

Sure we know the Mandarin is appearing in Shang Chi (Too late for Iron man, which is who we really want him to fight, *sigh*) and there was that mini film with the scrub referring to Mandarin...but that was all afterthought BS due to people being upset with the bait and switch, it was never intended.

I feel this one stings a bit more because I think it was designed to both get that "OH SHIT IT'S HIM!" reaction (Which it did from me) and also to generate some buzz on the internet (Hence the captions referring to him as being from the X-men film, when in reality it's NOT Peter at all...just some random crumbbum Agatha magicked into the role as part of her tricks...a trick on wanda AND the viewers )

@Nastard - My theory on ralph's super speed is that it was part of the enchant Agatha put on him, so the speed and personality were a hex. When wanda sees the glowy necklace and rips it ff, he seems to act differently right away.
    Last edited by Icaras; 2021-03-06 at 06:07 AM.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    When wanda sees the glowy necklace and rips it ff, he seems to act differently right away.
    Monica*

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefellah View Post
    Question now is, does 'Real Vision 2.0' still have a part of Ultron within him? Is this version Vision going to be a good or a bad guy, or somewhere in between?n
    I think we might have a hint in the Credits. Bettany is cast as "Vision & The Vision", The Vision being the original name of Ultron's creation. So "White Vision" aka "The Vision" is probably closer to the AI Ultron wanted to create initially.

—-
    On my side, i really liked this ending. Maybe i cried a bit...
    I’m not that mad about Pietro’s stunt casting. They’ve likely done that for us to not know - is it really Pietro ? And that worked fine.
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2021-03-06 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    The missing person was no one important. Just something to get Jimmy, Monica and the rest of SWORD there. They had no idea that Wanda was there and had created this pocket dimension. So just a plot point to get them there.

Is it important to know where he went now? Did you ask the same question at the end of Civil War when Cap broke everyone out from the RAFT prison? He will come back and prob get some line were he says where he went.

A cave? It was a basement. Google it if you don't know what a basement is.
    And yes, Vision could have bought a lot there before the events of IW.

Yes and no. She realized she had to let them go. However we do hear their voices again in the last credit scene when we see Wanda reading from the Darkhold.
    So my bet is that it will lead into Dr Strange 2.

I never thought Evan peters was the real nor X-men version of Pietro. Just Feige having some fun and messing with the fans that deep dive into anything they see. But I can understand you on this one. However it was just "pointless". It did get resolved in the end.

I'm happy that Wanda atleast did have to sacrifice her family. I also do like that they kept Agatha alive so she can come back later. Be like a Loki, is she good, is she bad, or maybe just care for herself and will do anything to survive.

- - - Updated - - -

Well the Darkhold doesn't even look like the one in AoS so my bet still stands that AoS takes place in an alternative universe. Even the last 2-3 seasons of AoS didn't even mention anything about 50% of the worlds population disapear etc.
    The second to last season (since the last one was split into 2 halves) ended with shield stooping Talbot (Graviton) who was about to destroy the world, trying to gain power so he could stop Thanos. His attempts to become stronger was what caused to alternate destroyed earth timeline.

The first half of the final season (Sarge in coulons body) did mention the snap once. But was not allowed to go further because same reason as they were not allowed to mention hydra in season 1 until after Winter Soldier was released (main reason first half of season 1 being rather bland).

Quote Originally Posted by Micfeind View Post
    Isn't she already called Photon in the comics tho?
    Regarding her first appearance, not in later years.
    Her name in her first appearance was as Captain Marvel

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    I'll always guess whatever their current name is because trademarks. Otherwise Carol would be Ms. Marvel, which she was almost 40 years, you know?
    Carol's had a couple of different names too: Warbird, Binary, Ms. Marvel, and now Captain Marvel.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    The second to last season (since the last one was split into 2 halves) ended with shield stooping Talbot (Graviton) who was about to destroy the world, trying to gain power so he could stop Thanos. His attempts to become stronger was what caused to alternate destroyed earth timeline.
    For some reason I misread that as Galvatron and was like, Shit! I need to start watching if they have Transformers!

That said, I do think there were unfired "guns", here. There's a handful of hints to the involvement of demonic forces, and I don't see that Agatha qualifies, honestly. I feel there needed to be some big revelation in the finale, not something that was expected to be resolved, but a punt that kicked something off for future films or shows to resolve. Maybe Agatha had been possessed/controlled by Mephisto, and Wanda managed to kick him off her, so he reveals his true self, blasts her as a distraction, and vanishes. This would've also set up Agatha as a more-sympathetic character and as more of a potential mentor to Wanda.
    Agatha as a sympathic character after we seen her kill her own cov and try to outsmart Wanda to get her powers?
    (and lets not forget she killed the dog!) and we dont need agatha to be a mentor at all.

- - - Updated - - -

AoS is canon.
    NO! AOS is NOT Canon.

I agree with the general consensus that it was a good show, but the ending was unexpectedly predictable and simple, and the after credits scenes largely underwhelming.

Mephisto? Nope. Dr. Strange cameo? Nope. Tom Holland cameo? Nope. Reverse House of M event? Nope! Not only that, but arguably one of the few good characters from the FOX-Men universe turns out to be just another brainwashed chump.

It tried to tug at my heart strings but I didn't even come close to feeling much emotion. It was just a straight forward story, serving almost solely to bring Vision back, I mean, what else did it accomplish, really? It was a 9 episode therapy session and Vision resurrection show.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The Scarlet Witch outfit is dope and fits nicely with the rest of the MCU aestheic.
    While i don't disagree with you (yeah, the costume is awsome) i do find it also has been tailored after Elizabeth Olson's protest of her former costume being too revealing (direction of her scenes never helped as well).

Well, we do live in a PC world after all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I wonder if WandaVision will get the same hate TLJ did for subverting expectations.

Stunt casting of a Fox Universe X-Man to be a random nobody masquerading as his MCU equivalent shortly after acquiring the rights to X-Men from Fox?

Setting up Dottie/Ralph (who we find out is really Pietro)/Strange/Jimmy Woo's CI/potentially X-Men, all for them to be nothing?

Talking about Monica's aerospace engineer friend, making people speculate about a Fantastic Four tie-in, and it ending up being....absolutely nothing?

Suggesting there's a bigger, deeper bad behind Agatha, and at most her giving a vague warning about it in the finale, at best? No cameo, no name drop, nothing?

Implying that Dr. Strange, who lives within 100 miles did nothing about this whole fiasco, after strongly suggesting he should be involved throughout the series and even NAME-DROPPING his title in the finale?

Setting up a cold, emotionless robot Vision, and then having him fuck off to god knows where the minute Hex-Vision defeats him in a battle of the mind?

I would mention the Skrull here but I care so little about them I couldn't be bothered.

Don't get me wrong, I liked TLJ *and* WandaVision. They're both great character studies. But WandaVision totally destroyed any fan theories developed during the show, much like TLJ subverted expectations of its various characters/plotlines from previous movies. And that'll upset people who invest themselves in that kind of thing. If you're happy with a great character study of an intriguing character from Marvel, the show is great - but if you're looking for how it advances the MCU, outside of Wanda discovering the Darkhold and her true superhero identity (which viewers already knew before the show ever aired), all that happened is a town was tortured for a couple weeks. With no consequences.
    TLJ subverted expectations which were set by a previous movie, "created" (as in: "blatantly plagiarised and half-assed made") by Jar Jar Abrahams. I really do wish they had trusted the whole ST to Rian Johnson from the start, instead of what they managed to fuck up.

There's no comparison between TLJ and WV. The latter just teased and played with our expectations, never meaning to subvert anything.
    /spit@Blizzard

well I thoroughly enjoyed it. it probably helps that I've never read the comics so I didn't have any expectations or assumptions related to those

I actually loved that we spent most of the show not knowing if Pietro was really Pietro, Peter (from the X-Men movies) or somebody else

I also felt they did a great job of showing that Wanda has serious regrets about what she did but wasn't easily forgiven (except by Monica) but also isn't being treated like a villain either

I think the WandaVision story could have worked as a movie, I don't think it would have worked quite as well as it did as a TV show though

it'll be interesting to see where the characters go in future. hopefully the other miniseries will work out as well too, especially since they involve characters who really haven't had much chance to do a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    While i don't disagree with you (yeah, the costume is awsome) i do find it also has been tailored after Elizabeth Olson's protest of her former costume being too revealing (direction of her scenes never helped as well).

Well, we do live in a PC world after all.
    Oh noes. Woman shows up in a superhero costume without her tits hanging out. PC culture run amok!

(nevermind that she spent an entire episode in that red leotard)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    Agatha as a sympathic character after we seen her kill her own cov and try to outsmart Wanda to get her powers?
    (and lets not forget she killed the dog!) and we dont need agatha to be a mentor at all.
    She's objectively done less evil to fewer people in Wandavision than Wanda has. Wanda was essentially torturing thousands of people, for weeks, and got to walk away because "how the fuck could we even try and stop her?", not because anyone agreed she was in the right.

Agatha, meanwhile, killed her coven in self-defense when they tried to kill her, and killed a dog that maybe didn't actually even exist, and tortured two physical illusions that had the shape of children, mostly to pressure their "mom" into doing what Agatha thought was the right thing.

Agatha was very clear that she saw Wanda as basically a toddler with a loaded gun. And her entire arc in the show is trying to get that toddler to give her the gun before someone gets hurt any worse than they already are. Even to trying to wrestle the gun out of the toddler's hands.

If you pay attention, once she reveals herself, almost everything Agatha says and does is about healing Wanda. She may have a pretty harsh bedside manner, but she walks Wanda through her grief and gets her to see how dangerous she is and how badly she's hurting everyone. Without Agatha, who knows how long Wanda would have kept the Hex up, hurting those people more and more in the process? The final air battle is essentially Agatha's last ditch effort, after trying to talk Wanda down has seemingly failed. She even took her time about taking Wanda's magic, to give Wanda time to change her mind; the first bit she absorbed was down in the streets, remember.

If we hadn't been following Wanda's perspective the entire show, Wanda would be the villain, who gets away with everything, and Agatha was the tragic hero who lost everything in saving the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Oh noes. Woman shows up in a superhero costume without her tits hanging out. PC culture run amok!

(nevermind that she spent an entire episode in that red leotard)
    It is a little silly, the outfit but we still got it in some form.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It is a little silly, the outfit but we still got it in some form.
    eh, pretty much all superhero outfits are silly. They're all basically just walking around naked with body paint on...even the early Iron Man stuff.

It was cute to see the homages to those old-school costumes in the halloween episode, but I think those illustrate pretty well how dumb it would be for costume designers to try and replicate that stuff 1-to-1. Personally, as much as I love tits, I'll take the tiara over the cleavage any day. That's what she's been missing so far, and it's nice to see them bring it back (and give some sort of justification for why she'd be wearing it).

She's objectively done less evil to fewer people in Wandavision than Wanda has. Wanda was essentially torturing thousands of people, for weeks, and got to walk away because "how the fuck could we even try and stop her?", not because anyone agreed she was in the right.

Agatha, meanwhile, killed her coven in self-defense when they tried to kill her, and killed a dog that maybe didn't actually even exist, and tortured two physical illusions that had the shape of children, mostly to pressure their "mom" into doing what Agatha thought was the right thing.

Agatha was very clear that she saw Wanda as basically a toddler with a loaded gun. And her entire arc in the show is trying to get that toddler to give her the gun before someone gets hurt any worse than they already are. Even to trying to wrestle the gun out of the toddler's hands.

If you pay attention, once she reveals herself, almost everything Agatha says and does is about healing Wanda. She may have a pretty harsh bedside manner, but she walks Wanda through her grief and gets her to see how dangerous she is and how badly she's hurting everyone. Without Agatha, who knows how long Wanda would have kept the Hex up, hurting those people more and more in the process? The final air battle is essentially Agatha's last ditch effort, after trying to talk Wanda down has seemingly failed. She even took her time about taking Wanda's magic, to give Wanda time to change her mind; the first bit she absorbed was down in the streets, remember.

If we hadn't been following Wanda's perspective the entire show, Wanda would be the villain, who gets away with everything, and Agatha was the tragic hero who lost everything in saving the day.
    Perhaps in Wandavision, Agatha, has done objectively less evil that is true. However, that isn't a basis to start judging her motivations. Agatha has been alive for many centuries. It's unclear who is more evil at this point in time as we aren't shown Agatha's history (yet I hope). Even if we weren't following Wanda's perspective for the show, we still know her history. Before this, Wanda was the tragic hero who lost everything in saving the day. We as the audience are already primed to empathize with Wanda.

Agatha is framed as evil, though. If Wanda is supposed to be our heroine, Agatha, is the antagonist. She is purposely messing with Wanda's illusion in order to spiral her out of control, not stop it or fix it. She recognized that Wanda is pretty much "Coo coo for coco puffs" and still deceives and manipulates her. Walking Wanda through her grief wasn't to help Wanda. It is explicitly because she wants to know how Wanda created the hex world.

She then tries to play on the offer that her knowledge can fix Wanda's hex bubble (after she went around screwing with it). However, in the final battle when she thinks she has absorbed Wanda's powers she reveals that her offer to make Wanda's Hex world right was a lie and that once cast the spell cannot be modified.

What makes Agatha a great character in my mind is how she revels in doing what she does. She legit looks like she's having a great time fucking around with Wanda and the citizens. After she killed her coven she's laughing maniacally at their weakness. These aren't the actions of a tragic hero but rather a twisted villain. She plays so well off the flaws of the heroine in this story to the point of crossing the line into actually helping Wanda recognize them herself. I think we may try to equate her as a good guy (or at least try to prime ourselves) because I think we can all agree she has a future working with the heroes down the line.

Agatha, meanwhile, killed her coven in self-defense
    no she killed them on purpose to get their powers and live longer which was obvious to see in the show....