Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How to use Cheetah form in Travel form once level 30?

So I am new to the Druid class, started a fresh level 1 last week, and then bought the cool Cheetah glyph that turns me into the a Cheetah as my Travel form, which I really like, so cool.

Tonight I DING'd level 30, and bought my Expert flying, and now whenever I press the Travel form button, I automatically turn into a flying crow bird, which is great, and much faster tog et around obviously. But sometimes I don't always need or want to be in flight form, sometimes I rather just run around as the Cheetah in Travel form but I have no idea how to stop always turning into the bird, and instead into the Cheetah when I press Travel form?

Or since I am level 30 now, and learned Flight form, does that mean Cheetah travel form is gone now, and no more?

When you go to travel form, it automaticly selects the fastest form.
    If you have the ability to fly, it will choose that one. When you got to a zone where you cant fly, like shadowlands, it will turn you to a cheetah.
    Last edited by Aulla; 2021-01-19 at 04:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    So I am new to the Druid class, started a fresh level 1 last week, and then bought the cool Cheetah glyph that turns me into the a Cheetah as my Travel form, which I really like, so cool.

Tonight I DING'd level 30, and bought my Expert flying, and now whenever I press the Travel form button, I automatically turn into a flying crow bird, which is great, and much faster tog et around obviously. But sometimes I don't always need or want to be in flight form, sometimes I rather just run around as the Cheetah in Travel form but I have no idea how to stop always turning into the bird, and instead into the Cheetah when I press Travel form?

Or since I am level 30 now, and learned Flight form, does that mean Cheetah travel form is gone now, and no more?
    its a glyph to be cheetah. you can then go to the barber and select it

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

In the druid class hall you can buy a:

https://www.wowhead.com/item=136789/...lds-mount-form

This will give you a seperate shapeshift allowing you to force mount form and this will also enable people to mount you in the Maw.

Not sure how that interacts with cheetah tho. I assume you apply cheetah glyph to it and go to barber? not sure if this disables the passenger mode tho.

If you are still levelling druid I can highly recommend doing the Class Hall stuff tho, there is some cool stuff in there.
    Last edited by Rorixis; 2021-01-19 at 05:01 AM.

So at level 45 get that Tome to allow me to be a Cheetah even in flying zones?

I assumed this was not your main? You can go to legion now with chromie time.

but
    You can only activate Chromie Time after having a character reach level 50 without it.

Can't you just make a macro to use just land travel form?

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Can't you just make a macro to use just land travel form?
    Only with the tome, otherwise you don't have it. I never liked them being put together, since it causes things like switching from 100% to 40% if you get into water while in combat, or not allowing the use of ground when you don't want flying.

Now, if they could manage to fix that stupid bug where you drop out of travel when switching between water and land sometimes...

I'm still confused why Blizzard doesn't offer the option to use ground Travel form and flying travel form. Just like you do for mounts, you can click your ground or flying mount. This should be an option.

Locking out the cheetah ground mount form is BS, and forcing flying travel form only is just so dumb.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm still confused why Blizzard doesn't offer the option to use ground Travel form and flying travel form. Just like you do for mounts, you can click your ground or flying mount. This should be an option.

Locking out the cheetah ground mount form is BS, and forcing flying travel form only is just so dumb.
    Because the ability is called "travel form" not "ground travel form" and "flying travel form" and "water travel form". The travel form switches between land, water, and air travel forms depending on what one you're able to do. If you are in an area you can fly in then it uses your flying travel form. If you are in an area you can not fly in then it uses your ground travel form. If you go into the water in any zone it uses and switches you to your water travel form. All of this is done automatically. If you are in the water and use travel form to turn into whatever water form you chose and then hop out of the water it will automatically switch you to ground or flying form without you doing anything. It used to not do this as all forms were seperate. There was flight form, travel form (what you are referring to as cheetah form), and then there was seal form (you could literally only turn into a seal). All 3 of them were different "stances" you entered into manually. Now there is 1 spell for all forms excluding the rideable/not rideable stag form if you use the tome/glyph.

But ground "Cheetah" travel form is totally gone now, until I reach Shadowlands at level 50.

So everywhere else in WoW I go and press travel form it automatically makes me a flying bird, thats it, no option. No Cheetah form will ever show up in Vanilla zones, Outland, Northrend, Pandoria, Dreanor, Broken Isles, BfA zones. Those areas I can't be in Cheetah form anymore only the bird or water form.

So pretty much Shadowlands is the only area I can be in Cheetah form, right?

But ground "Cheetah" travel form is totally gone now, until I reach Shadowlands at level 50.

So everywhere else in WoW I go and press travel form it automatically makes me a flying bird, thats it, no option. No Cheetah form will ever show up in Vanilla zones, Outland, Northrend, Pandoria, Dreanor, Broken Isles, BfA zones. Those areas I can't be in Cheetah form anymore only the bird or water form.

So pretty much Shadowlands is the only area I can be in Cheetah form, right?
    Correct, until flying is enabled in Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    Correct, until flying is enabled in Shadowlands.
    Darn, that totally sucks. So ground mount Travel form will disappear completely then.

Cries on Cheetahs shoulder. I barely knew ya kitty.

I wish I could just run around Dalaran or Stormwind in cheeath travel form, sucks that's not an option.

Darn, that totally sucks. So ground mount Travel form will disappear completely then.

Cries on Cheetahs shoulder. I barely knew ya kitty.

I wish I could just run around Dalaran or Stormwind in cheeath travel form, sucks that's not an option.
    If you pop the spell indoors, you’ll be the ground form, and almost sure you won’t revert went you walk out. That’s solve the hub locations.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually now that I think of that, maybe that’s only cheetah form. Sry dude, would have to pop a token to test it out...remember thinking the same thing when leveling a Druid a few months back.

Because what everyone used to do was write all this stuff into one macro anyways. The way how travel form works right now is fantastic. If you want to force ground form then pick up the tome from legion.

Maybe you should first level up your druid and learn the class a bit before shitting on some of its desigm decisions?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    If you pop the spell indoors, you’ll be the ground form, and almost sure you won’t revert went you walk out. That’s solve the hub locations.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually now that I think of that, maybe that’s only cheetah form. Sry dude, would have to pop a token to test it out...remember thinking the same thing when leveling a Druid a few months back.
    Travel form does not work indoors

Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    That won't work, as you cannot cast the spell indoors. Travel form obeys the rules of mounts.
    And even if it did, it would definitely revert to flight as soon as you walked out, just as jumping out of the water in aquatic form immediately changes you to flight form...

Yea immediately after I posted, I was like wait I’m wrong. Really wanna test it out just to see if I misremembered, as I did level a Druid a few months back and ran into the same thought process.

Piggybacking on this somewhat.

How do you get this form nowadays? Is it still actually possible?

Didn't have druid back in Legion so never did the stuff then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Piggybacking on this somewhat.

How do you get this form nowadays? Is it still actually possible?

Didn't have druid back in Legion so never did the stuff then.
    No that is the mage tower form, same for blue sparkle kitty. If you didn't get them in Legion you cannot get them now.

If you get the Stag Form that allows people to ride you, it acts as a ground travel form and doesn't context switch to flying like the normal one