Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grakao View Post
    Why are you quoting a post for over a month ago?

That post was made when Kyrian was the absolute BiS covenant (where mastery is better) and before people learned Venthyr scales very well with high ilvl. Plus, the meta has evolved from a burst-centered to pressure-centered (as most people have 40k hp now and most games go through dampening), and it favors Venthyr over Kyrian right now.

With the current meta and gear levels crit is not a bad stat anymore, and it is quite good if you're venthyr with the Exploiter leggo. That still doesn't mean mastery is bad and we just have more choices now.

And no, not all top players are favoring crit, and there are still a lot of kyrian players in the top 50 with mastery build.

Check the stat priority section, where mastery is still competitive among the top players.

I also recommend you join the warrior discord community and educate yourself a bit more before jumping down to conclusions like that.

[]'s
    Exploiter’s Mortal Strike damage bonus increased to 50% (was 25%) and the damage bonus for Venthyr Warriors increased to 36% (was 18%).

Definitely going venthyr with crit kleia soulbind build now..Can't wait.

ele and venthyr warrior stacks crit

Quote Originally Posted by Thracian View Post
    Exploiter’s Mortal Strike damage bonus increased to 50% (was 25%) and the damage bonus for Venthyr Warriors increased to 36% (was 18%).

Definitely going venthyr with crit kleia soulbind build now..Can't wait.
    You are going venthyr with a kyrian soulbind? Shit. Why did I not think of that.

Quote Originally Posted by derekmmorgan94 View Post
    You are going venthyr with a kyrian soulbind? Shit. Why did I not think of that.
    No klean soulbind..last ability gives you %1 crit per enemy around you up to %5.Pog for rbgs.Pve too I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by derekmmorgan94 View Post
    No im talking about kleia soulbind..the ability gives you %1 crit per 1 enemy up to %5 crit.

No klean soulbind..last ability gives you %1 crit per enemy around you up to %5.Pog for rbgs.Pve too I suppose.
    The point that's not getting through is that Kleia is a Kyrian soulbind, where your statement indicates your willingness to go Venthyr.
    So having a 5% increase in crit does mighty little for you if you're not Condemn, unless you want to use Exploiter as a Kyrian of course.

Doh,i forgot soulbinds change too :P. So anyone rerollin venthyr with the changes?

Doh,i forgot soulbinds change too :P. So anyone rerollin venthyr with the changes?
    No, since I chose Venthyr to begin with. I was 50/50 but what really sold it for me was not adding an extra ability to keep track of, as well as the option to have an extra mobility spell when targets health is above 80%

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm stacking crit as Venthyr specifically for PvP because I like deleting people. I've never met anyone else doing it and people usually give me a lot 'hate' for it.

Yet here I am, enjoying it.

You only get 50% crit bonus in PvP. The benefits of Crit are almost cut in half in PvP. Yes, keep stacking a weak stat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    You only get 50% crit bonus in PvP. The benefits of Crit are almost cut in half in PvP. Yes, keep stacking a weak stat.
    The above quote is false.

The crit modifier was raised from 150% in Battle For Azeroth to 175% in Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansi View Post
    The above quote is false.

The crit modifier was raised from 150% in Battle For Azeroth to 175% in Shadowlands.
    ^
    Im fully decked out 227 with 233 wep and I have hard time keeping up dmg with venthyr wars( Im Kyrian). Kyrian is nice for aoe cleave.It really comes down to your playstyle. They are different builds for different scenarios. I don't see crit being a weak stat as crit bonus did get raised in shadowlands. Whats your crit at? How much is condemn critting for?

15+ Year Old Account
    Bumping this.

Has anyone gone crit + versa for PVP in season 2?
    It's time to start pvping and gearing my warrior alt and would be interested in going crit over haste.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually, after writing the above post, I remembered that I am subscribed to Skill Capped, and in 9.1 they rate crit higher than haste.
    It's basically str > sta > crit > haste > mastery

running elysian might, which you should be now, verse/crit is king.

cannot be understated how strong it is

Edit:....... never mind lol...

I am stacking Crit in PvP I have around 28% Crit and 9% haste but that's about all I can tell you since I am ultra casual and got my info from Icey Veins lol...

I saw one warrior at %23 while having %11 verst and surprisingly he's ranked 411 w that much verst.

Yes, I am now. After a couple weeks on a few toons and having just came back after a few years - I'm loving the new trees and their synergy with your chosen stat priority. I think its a matter of enjoyment and winning, not what some other player is doing --- ESPECIALLY when you're a casual player.

At first, I geared and upgraded every piece according to what other top players and forums suggest. I got both two handers, stacked haste and made macros for spear. While it was obvious that I played a LOT more than some and was ahead of many in randoms, just based on iLevel, when I got constantly CC'd and then obliterated by 3 or for toons at a time - I never really felt like I saw a window where I could viably "push back" in most runs.

NOW, however, my auto attack alone has murdered hundreds of alli mages, and that makes me a happy grunt. The sheer joy of spraying the screen with a billion crits and watching healthbars in all directions NON STOP, can't be simcrafted, but it damn well works. We ain't got no time to wait for long term bleeds, when I've destroyed TG warriors in their own spear, with all they have rolling (a lot - I kinda seek them out to make a point).

My point is, YES, crit stacking can be gloriously fun and absurdly emboldening when every class on the other side of the field runs away, just at the sight of you again. No class or spec, or even stat, is wrong, if it gets the job done. Phuk it - you can't simcraft fun and I don't play for someone else, I play because I can't murder baddies IRL.

With nearly 100% enrage uptime and all the crit procs/enhancing talents, if I open my character pane to watch percentages, I'm consistently over 30% haste AND crit AND enraged... that doesn't happen TG haste. Specifically without CD's and a proper setup ramp. I despise "waiting for the oneshot" and wandering around edging myself, just hoping I can find a rogue at half health, just to post a vid of how good I am. Instead, I'd rather have some offensive CD's backing me up, when that EFC has to die, but also slaughtering his healers, or defenders before that. Swifty castsequence macros are just mathing out stacking all you have for 2mins, spending the rest of your time getting fisted by someone with decent burst ALL of the time. Crit always boosts burst, CD's or no.
    Last edited by Appolyon; 2022-12-13 at 06:53 PM.

Stood in the Fire Chromeshellking's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appolyon View Post
    Yes, I am now. After a couple weeks on a few toons and having just came back after a few years - I'm loving the new trees and their synergy with your chosen stat priority. I think its a matter of enjoyment and winning, not what some other player is doing --- ESPECIALLY when you're a casual player.

At first, I geared and upgraded every piece according to what other top players and forums suggest. I got both two handers, stacked haste and made macros for spear. While it was obvious that I played a LOT more than some and was ahead of many in randoms, just based on iLevel, when I got constantly CC'd and then obliterated by 3 or for toons at a time - I never really felt like I saw a window where I could viably "push back" in most runs.

NOW, however, my auto attack alone has murdered hundreds of alli mages, and that makes me a happy grunt. The sheer joy of spraying the screen with a billion crits and watching healthbars in all directions NON STOP, can't be simcrafted, but it damn well works. We ain't got no time to wait for long term bleeds, when I've destroyed TG warriors in their own spear, with all they have rolling (a lot - I kinda seek them out to make a point).

My point is, YES, crit stacking can be gloriously fun and absurdly emboldening when every class on the other side of the field runs away, just at the sight of you again. No class or spec, or even stat, is wrong, if it gets the job done. Phuk it - you can't simcraft fun and I don't play for someone else, I play because I can't murder baddies IRL.

With nearly 100% enrage uptime and all the crit procs/enhancing talents, if I open my character pane to watch percentages, I'm consistently over 30% haste AND crit AND enraged... that doesn't happen TG haste. Specifically without CD's and a proper setup ramp. I despise "waiting for the oneshot" and wandering around edging myself, just hoping I can find a rogue at half health, just to post a vid of how good I am. Instead, I'd rather have some offensive CD's backing me up, when that EFC has to die, but also slaughtering his healers, or defenders before that. Swifty castsequence macros are just mathing out stacking all you have for 2mins, spending the rest of your time getting fisted by someone with decent burst ALL of the time. Crit always boosts burst, CD's or no.
    Some classes just far better with some basic stats that pair well with each other. Others have to balance everything else.
    Fate is one you forge with your own two hands.

1+ Year Old Account
    Nope.

All haste. If you can't get haste on a piece of PVP gear, get the crit piece.