Page 1 of 2
LastLast

When is the next race for world first?

It feels like Blizz is missing an opportunity here.

The last one went so well and now they're taking so long in between tiers. This is a great chance for them to showcase WoW to the world but if it's only a couple times a year it isn't enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember back in Wotlk, blizzard hosted a 1v1 between SK gaming and another guild to see who could clear ulduar hard modes the fastest. The content had already been cleared by this point, but it was a unique way to bring attention to raiding.

I’m sure you understand why they can’t have multiple world firsts, they’re reliant on new raids. But I suppose they could try doing fastest mythic clears.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I remember back in Wotlk, blizzard hosted a 1v1 between SK gaming and another guild to see who could clear ulduar hard modes the fastest. The content had already been cleared by this point, but it was a unique way to bring attention to raiding.

I’m sure you understand why they can’t have multiple world firsts, they’re reliant on new raids. But I suppose they could try doing fastest mythic clears.
    SK gaming did not exist in wotlk. It was between Ensidia and Method in Ulduar 10 man, in an event called "battle of the best".

Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post

The last one went so well and now they're taking so long in between tiers. This is a great chance for them to showcase WoW to the world but if it's only a couple times a year it isn't enough.
    It's a live environment, they can't just cut down tiers for RWF. Tiers should be around 5-6 months, and for the most part have been around there the whole time.

You know content has to be created before being released and played with, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's a live environment, they can't just cut down tiers for RWF. Tiers should be around 5-6 months, and for the most part have been around there the whole time.
    Is that in line with what the general playerbase wants? Are they happy just raiding Castle Nathria for 6 months?

In 9.1. Probs somewhere between late April to early June.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Is that in line with what the general playerbase wants? Are they happy just raiding Castle Nathria for 6 months?
    Considering that people are still progressing, I would say so.

This is a great chance for them to showcase WoW to the world
    The MMO that has gained worldwide fame for over a decade doesn't need a "chance to showcase" anything. Millions of players, both current and former, as well as millions of non-players, already know the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    I honestly wouldn't mind Blizzard organising a Mythic CN race between the top 2 guilds, or the top Horde and top Alliance guild. Could be entertaining to watch, although I imagine these guilds have done it so much already on farm that it would be over quite quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Bjay View Post
    SK gaming did not exist in wotlk. It was between Ensidia and Method in Ulduar 10 man, in an event called "battle of the best".
    Which was exciting and hype. Where is that for this tier?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I honestly wouldn't mind Blizzard organising a Mythic CN race between the top 2 guilds, or the top Horde and top Alliance guild. Could be entertaining to watch, although I imagine these guilds have done it so much already on farm that it would be over quite quickly
    It'd be hilarious if they had to do a rerun of the whole raid because one side encountered a bug. MDI had cases where teams had to redo the dungeon 3 times due to one team encountering the same bug in the Mists Tirna Scythe maze multiple times. PVE racing side by side just doesn't work. It's frustrating for the viewers and the players themselves. Practically every other dungeon had a bug that caused a reset. It was just embarressing.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-03-16 at 10:08 PM.

6 months is a solid amount of time for a raid tier in my opinion.

The last 2 expansions had 4 month opening tiers then 5-6 month mid tiers and 9+ month final tiers so I’m glad they are lengthening CN to hopefully 6 months.

RWF is a side effect. I don't think blizz is really getting much out of it. Just a bit of promotion. Their focus is on normal and heroic raiding if you just look at raiding. Mythic is just a small step up in numbers and one ability more if at all.

So they take their time to make the raid and everything else in the patch as good as they can.

Don't rush them. Never ends well for us. Also don't expect anything until MAYBE July. They showed next to nothing at blizzcon. Not even real artwork or anything. So they are still in full on development for the patch. Take the change and take break.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    6 months is a solid amount of time for a raid tier in my opinion.

The last 2 expansions had 4 month opening tiers then 5-6 month mid tiers and 9+ month final tiers so I’m glad they are lengthening CN to hopefully 6 months.
    Some more context - Emerald Nightmare was indeed short, and it had only 7 bosses. Uldir on the other hand (aside of being other short raid - with 8 bosses), still lasted exactly 20 weeks.

"Standard sized tiers" (10+ bosses) usually last for around 21-22 weeks since the raid opening

With today's reset we are on week 15 of CN. So if everything with 9.1 was on time, we would still have around 1,5 month of CN without being exactly delayed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    RWF is a side effect. I don't think blizz is really getting much out of it. Just a bit of promotion. Their focus is on normal and heroic raiding if you just look at raiding. Mythic is just a small step up in numbers and one ability more if at all.

So they take their time to make the raid and everything else in the patch as good as they can.

Don't rush them. Never ends well for us. Also don't expect anything until MAYBE July. They showed next to nothing at blizzcon. Not even real artwork or anything. So they are still in full on development for the patch. Take the change and take break.
    Ah, I didn't watch the MDI. Sounds ass if there are so many bugs... can imagine it being frustrating for everyone really.

This is a great chance for them to showcase WoW to the world
    Most people don't care about WoW anymore. It's a 16 year old game with a dwindling playerbase. There's nothing new or interesting to "showcase to the world" anymore.

I kinda feel the only people who care about world first in wow..are people who are already playing wow

Only casuals wants raids released too quickly. Not a single top guild or mid mythic guild does.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Most people don't care about WoW anymore. It's a 16 year old game with a dwindling playerbase. There's nothing new or interesting to "showcase to the world" anymore.
    But then above this dude says...

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    The MMO that has gained worldwide fame for over a decade doesn't need a "chance to showcase" anything. Millions of players, both current and former, as well as millions of non-players, already know the game.