Whats easier to play? Unholy Death Knight or Feral Druid

As someone who's main at the moment is a demon hunter i am not really used to a complex spec.

Now both Unholy Death Knight and Feral Druid seem fun and interesting, but at first glance they seem also more difficult to play.

Which of the 2 would require less skill to play?

Depending on the kind of style you can adapt to better, take this into consideration when selecting.

imo Unholy has always forever and always been more intuitive, but I despise DoT-central gameplay. Feral requires more numeric and pacing knowledge of your bleeds - you want enemies, at least historically and very loosely speaking here, to get enough of their duration in value to be "worth" using. The situational bleed awareness is something that is learned with Feral. So if you don't think you naturally cling to that sort of tracking of bleeds or that kind of hyper-fixation on the bleeds, it may not be something you gravitate towards as naturally. You don't want to play Feral if you're just applying bleeds to things that will be dying instantly all the time and wasting the spec's potential. Unholy doesn't really suffer from this problem as is a lot more approachable. You can freely go about your business and as long as you're doing things like Dark Transformation before Death Coils, and not wasting Wound application and bursting, you'll be fine. I suppose conversely there may be a comparison you could make to building up wounds and having the awareness to know how many you can burst safely - but because of how much more rapid Wounds are compared to Feral's much longer bleeds to get their value, I would personally say this makes it a lot more immediately friendly to someone to pick up and the punishment isn't nearly as severe. Mismanaging bleeds is something to me that I always felt was something that Feral felt bad with, and Unholy meanwhile with Wounds had a very intuitive Wound mechanic that was easy to learn and execute and grasp: you can apply Wounds instantly, you can break them instantly. Whereas with Feral, you need to take the time with a Bleed and let it soak on targets to get that full value so it's a lot slower and more cerebral. To an extent in my experience, mismanagement of resources for Feral can also be more punishing for players who don't know the spec as well. So imo Feral requires more initial (and maybe end) mastery. And while Unholy can have cool moments of mastery like building up wounds on a lot of targets and breaking them all with DnD, or building up a really big Val'kyr/Gargoyle or taking full advantage of a big Defile or really abusing the length of that Unholy Pact chain, and so on and so on, there is unarguably more ceiling to be had with Feral but it also makes it more unfriendly to newcomers to the spec because of the nature of the bleeds needing to, well, bleed, and how punishing the resource game can be when done improperly.

tl;dr: imo Unholy is easier to pick up.
    Last edited by Razion; 2021-01-30 at 01:07 AM.

Unholy Dk is not hard to play at all, lots of fun and very powerful. There's really only a few mechanics to worry about.

Feral Druid is more complex in that it is totally unforgiving, if you do not play perfectly you're lagging. Moreover, it's weak in solo play, guardian is way superior there.

So if the question is about difficulty, go DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    Unholy Dk is not hard to play at all, lots of fun and very powerful. There's really only a few mechanics to worry about.

Feral Druid is more complex in that it is totally unforgiving, if you do not play perfectly you're lagging. Moreover, it's weak in solo play, guardian is way superior there.

So if the question is about difficulty, go DK.
    "weak in solo play", what are you talking about?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say UH, CD management is the only major task of the spec. You only have 1 dot as UH, you just need to keep track of your runes/RP and line up your CD usage properly.

Feral is more of a complicated spec in that you have to actually keep track of your DoTs on multiple targets on top of managing multiple CDs. I've always found Feral to be one of the most complex and unforgiving specs in the game (The only dps specs I haven't raided with at some point are Shadow priest, Demo lock, Arcane mage, Subtlety rogue, and Survival hunter after it was turned into a melee spec).

I've never really liked Feral during any expansion I've played. I tried it during TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD, and Legion, I never enjoyed the spec. Partially because it was awful at target switching, but also because I hate managing the bleeds for it. Feral has always felt like playing a melee affliction warlock that runs OOM after 3 abilities.

Hopefully this gives you some sort of useful impression.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2021-01-30 at 02:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Oke seems like i should give Unholy a try

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    "Help Me Choose" type threads don't tend to produce much in the way of constructive discussion or debate. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead