Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I don't know what the lore is with Night Elf reproduction, but both Blood Elves and Nightborne have children models while NEs still have none. Even in questing the only NE "child" I ever came across was the sick girl in Ashenvale you have to collect reagents to revive. There don't seem to be many NE youth, period. Based on Suramar, the NB don't appear to have an issue producing offspring. This is also what made the War of Thorns all that more tragic because NEs don't seem to repopulate. Even in Legion, did Malfurion and Illidan actually have parents? The cutscene made it look like the babies were just gifted to the NEs, it was odd. This isn't even counting how many male NEs, like Malfurion, spend most of their time in the Emerald Dream.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I don't know what the lore is with Night Elf reproduction, but both Blood Elves and Nightborne have children models while NEs still have none. Even in questing the only NE "child" I ever came across was the sick girl in Ashenvale you have to collect reagents to revive. There don't seem to be many NE youth, period. Based on Suramar, the NB don't appear to have an issue producing offspring. This is also what made the War of Thorns all that more tragic because NEs don't seem to repopulate. Even in Legion, did Malfurion and Illidan actually have parents? The cutscene made it look like the babies were just gifted to the NEs, it was odd. This isn't even counting how many male NEs, like Malfurion, spend most of their time in the Emerald Dream.
    Possibly headcanon, but I think because of their very long lifespans, Night Elves just haven't bothered to get around to it. There's no explicit reasoning for having infertility or troubles actually making children.

Keep in mind that elven children reach physical maturity in same time as humans, but in many headcanons, social maturity (meaning when the society/other peers would stop viewing you as a child) is reached at few hundreds of years. So if the dialogue refers to someone as child, it'll still be valid to have them have grown models.

Considering how they were able to send entire groups from their army on a suicide mission to Nazmir, we can't exactly be sure of their population numbers anyway. Surely after being genocided, you'd spare your own troops over throwing them to a faraway land, especially when your own lands are still under attack from Horde.

(Off topic, but it's funny - Night Elves still helped the Alliance on Zuldazar, but Alliance didn't send any to Darkshore and Anduin left Tyrande alone.)

Weren't they doing some stupid 'mourning' for 10,000 years, hence their civilisation across both continents was basically reduced to rubble and there was no night elf children at all anywhere.

The lore of Night Elves leaves a lot to be desired practicality wise.