Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Ally side Warmode bonus at 10%

Just curious as I rarely use warmode myself, but most of last Xpac The ally side warmode was at 25-30% for that seemed like the whole Xpac. At the start of Sl, it was 25% and then shortly after the Ally started farming people at Torghast entrance area for the weekly quest, I noticed the buff dropped from 15% and now down to 10%.

I don't know if there are any means to measure it, other than to take Blizzard word for it. But did a large number of horde turn off Warmode now that the content has everyone together again, or did a large number of Ally turn it on? (Which seems weird after having it off for so long) Anyways just something I noticed and was curious what made the sudden change

Maybe more people are playing alliance now that they have pretty elves.

Not to mention horde no longer completely dominates the racial scene for raiding/mythic+

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Just curious as I rarely use warmode myself, but most of last Xpac The ally side warmode was at 25-30% for that seemed like the whole Xpac. At the start of Sl, it was 25% and then shortly after the Ally started farming people at Torghast entrance area for the weekly quest, I noticed the buff dropped from 15% and now down to 10%.

I don't know if there are any means to measure it, other than to take Blizzard word for it. But did a large number of horde turn off Warmode now that the content has everyone together again, or did a large number of Ally turn it on? (Which seems weird after having it off for so long) Anyways just something I noticed and was curious what made the sudden change
    Yes, horde have been turning warmode off in droves. And unlike in legion and bfa where warmode gave bonus player power (bonus AP) this expansion the bonus you get (anima) is optional, so people don't care.

10% more artifact power and Azerite was insane, 10% bonus anima is.... Nice?

Also horde rather not be farmed of all their Stygia in the maw so...

Oh also airdrops are gone which was easy conquest, and bounties are fucking trash again with no flying
    (Rogues running around the map in stealth making them impossible unless you have a dh, and anyone just spamming flight paths forever.)

Warmode used to be a great way to get ez conquest.
    Every couple hours an invasion.
    Daily airdrops
    And actually kill able bounties
    But now you ain't got any of that so... People don't give a shit.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-01-27 at 08:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

There are just too many Alliance players in this game compared to Horde so it's impossible to play with WM on as Horde. If you watched MDI every team was Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    There are just too many Alliance players in this game compared to Horde so it's impossible to play with WM on as Horde. If you watched MDI every team was Alliance.
    Yeah and in the real game their characters are all Horde... If they had to use their real characters not tournament realm would be a different picture.

Castle Nathria Hall of Fame has 66 Horde teams and 11 Alliance teams... but yeah let's spread the lie how everyone is Alliance.

Real reason is Warmode is worthless in Shadowlands so everyone plays without. It's a time waste with no useful reward for it.

WM is useless now and gives people nothing of value. Theres nothing out in the world either that makes people want to turn it on.

I bet most people are happy about that.

I know you're trolling, but for anyone else reading: This is for Night Elves' Shadowmeld.

Alliance is still dramatically outnumbered in population, and it's not even close.

No one uses WM anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    WM is useless now and gives people nothing of value. Theres nothing out in the world either that makes people want to turn it on.

I bet most people are happy about that.
    This, Anima being less important then Artifact/Azerite Power combined with the Maw and losing Stygia has had a TON of people drop warmode because its not worth the hassle.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

According to Ion, there was a 4:1 Horde to Alliance ratio as of Nov 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    This, Anima being less important then Artifact/Azerite Power combined with the Maw and losing Stygia has had a TON of people drop warmode because its not worth the hassle.
    BTW - I have kept WM on while playing on both Alliance and Horde characters. Since SL release, I can count on one hand when there was Wpvp going on, and all that happend in the first couple of weeks.

Now its nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefrog View Post
    Maybe more people are playing alliance now that they have pretty elves.

Not to mention horde no longer completely dominates the racial scene for raiding/mythic+
    I think it's more that warmode is more of hassle thing expansion with no actual benefit. You can only get bonus gold, it doesn't work on anima world quests.

To comment on your second comment; Horde didn't dominate M+ last expansion either and Horde still dominates raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    BTW - I have kept WM on while playing on both Alliance and Horde characters. Since SL release, I can count on one hand when there was Wpvp going on, and all that happend in the first couple of weeks.

Now its nothing at all.
    Are you on a dead shard or something? WPvP happens all the time. You have to actually leave Oribos/Covenant Halls though.

There isn’t much reason to have warmode active in this expansion and it’s especially annoying in the Maw. So more and more horde players are deactivating it for good, which in return lowers the bonus for alliance and removed the extra 25 kill weekly, which was another annoyance for horde and a reason to deactivate warmode.

I turned it off, it just wasn't worth the risk in the maw and the Alliance were just farming the refuge entrance.

Its simple, people are like me.

We hate which way the horde story is going (every major character ruined, gone or dead) and switched to the alliance side

I have never turned WM off since it came out. Not once. I always play solo as a disc priest. It adds a bit of danger to the open world, since the mobs running around never pose a threat.

Horde btw. Couldn't care less about the 10% bonuses. The chance of ganking someone/being ganked is what WM is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Are you on a dead shard or something? WPvP happens all the time. You have to actually leave Oribos/Covenant Halls though.
    My experience is pretty limited. I was using Warmode to level Horde\ally toons by way of flower picking\mining. As Horde, most of the time I rarely see an ally Character, but every now and then one would pop out and hit me, but half didn't seem all that determined to chase me. As Ally, I saw more Horde but about the only time they would attack is if there were 3-5 of them together. Fellow Herbers and miners just did their business and moved on.

From the sounds of it, SL just doesn't offer enough incentive to have it on, other than for folks who like W-PVP

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    I am. I rarely stay in Oribos or the order halls. Most of the time out doing stuff, but for some reason I very rarely experience any wpvp going on.

Quote Originally Posted by wink- View Post
    According to Ion, there was a 4:1 Horde to Alliance ratio as of Nov 2020.
    And how bad it has to become so he would finally decide to do something about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    And how bad it has to become so he would finally decide to do something about it?
    They also dramatically improved sharding to keep thing more or less even no more 10-20 to 1 groups at wq for one faction. The most I sometimes see is 4-5 to 1 but usually pretty even