Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Maybe its a EU/US thing? like in EU alot of people say /w but never used in US.
    Thats potentially a reason.

But it was never "DM" for Deadmines in the US. Most of the place was trash but the gear from VC himself could last for quite a while so people would litereally just chain run him (insomuch as that was possible). Thats how it wound up "VC".

- - - Updated - - -

Something worth remember is that while faction W/L ratios are likely quite near to even...

That doesn't mean your anecdotal sampling will be.

There are thousands of BGs going on at any given time - it is entirely possible (particularly over a shorter tiimespan) for you to be in a chain of losses and not have it affect the W/L ratio of the factions.

There are days ive logged in and won zero BGs (in a 4+ hour play session) and there are days where i log in and win 10 back to back.

Just the breaks.

Because all good Horde FotM rerollers faction changed back to Orc/Ud etc... As a PvP only player i regret it so much to switched to alliance in WotLK with 10 chars or so. From there on I stuck to alliance. But with every passing addon, the Random-PvP and also Mate finding for Arenas got worse and worse.

At this point i have a 90% lose ratio for most of the BGs on fresh alts.

Its not only the Alliance plays not as good as Horde, but they also have far less healers and they start every third BG with half of a team. This is extreme in SL

Alliance do also have a lot of Leeroy Jenkins (especially Ret Palas) they ignore objectives, and think they can make the BG without teamfighting...

Edit: I just saw that only a quarter of my post is actually in here. My whole essay with analysis got ?Deleted?.
    Cant be arsed to type all from scratch.
    Last edited by FRENofApustaja; 2021-02-24 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    OK I get it that everyone says how Horde's racials are so OP for both PvE and PvP but good god one thing I've noticed in my time doing BGs and epic BGs while in merc mode is that Alliance are literally just bad in terms of PvP and it has nothing to do with racials at all.

Example one: doing WG as Alliance on the offensive and we broke down not one not two but THREE walls during our fight. Most of the fight we had either 12 vehicles or 16 up. Not one of our towers were destroyed because the Horde weren't even attempting to do it (probably because of epic BG quest this week) Three walls AND full timer because no towers were destroyed means we won right? NOPE. We broke down three walls on the outside of the keep and didn't even get in the inner part at all. All of this because people were idiots and couldn't focus on one side.

Example two: In IOC as Alliance again and we manage to break down the wall to enter the keep a good 4 minutes before the Horde were able to break the Alliance wall down and enter. Sounds great right? Nope! We had him at 64% when they went all in. We lost with only being able to take him down to 12% before the Horde killed their boss.

Example three: In Twin Peaks and we each team has the flag. They have a resto shaman and balance druid holding their flag in their base. We had 4 people with the FC guarding him, 4 people fighting mid, and me a resto druid being the only person even going to their base to see what's going on. Mind you we had THREE rogues plus me being a druid that could all stealth in their base yet nobody wanted to leave mid or the FC to do it. With 4 people guarding our FC they still managed to return our flag and obviously we lost that match.

Example four: Doing Eye of the Storm and we have two bases and have been flipping or stopping the Horde from getting a second base. We have the flag. We are up by about 500 points. We cap the flag instead of holding onto it when there was no pressure on us at the base where the FC was. Horde controls mid. Horde then proceeds to run 4 flags back to back by controlling mid. We lose.

Something I noticed is that when EMFH got nerfed and is not as OP as it was for the two expansions, Alliance can't seem to win in battlegrounds. It is as if ONE single racial carried an entire faction in PvP and when the Alliance lost it, they couldn't win in PvP for anything.

racials favoring horde is a lie, meme or rumor, whether PVP or PVE

- arenamate.net proves this wrong...daily. in 3's filter to classes, you maybe surprized

- AWC 2021 3's tourney proved the value of EFMH with PVP trinket due to the amounts of stuns in the game vs WOTF and PVP trinket against fear type abilities, no contest

- MDI 2021 when class stacking was banned, the NE SM racial proved king

- Limit and Echo interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR2I4Cw-wH8 the part where they tested raids on beta using alliance, the reason they don't faction swap, is the cost, and player pool availability. start watching at 1hour 52 minutes
    Last edited by pinkz; 2021-02-23 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post

Something I noticed is that when EMFH got nerfed and is not as OP as it was for the two expansions, Alliance can't seem to win in battlegrounds. It is as if ONE single racial carried an entire faction in PvP and when the Alliance lost it, they couldn't win in PvP for anything.

This is not correct. I have Faction Changed my Warrior to Horde and my Reflex Statistics clearly show you are right on that, that Alliance is bad.

However it is not that the Human Racial carried Alliance, it is more likely that a magnitude of high skilled players went back to Horde.
    And my personal opinion is: The new Human Racial is overhyped GARBAGE. So happy about my Orc Racial... especially in the new Meta.

I used the first time Mercenary mode yesterday. 4 Winds BG.

Me ilvl 198 Warrior being the only one capping 3 Bases vs 2 Horder + at the start 1 Base wich was empty.

I called out incs and nobody was coming to help. Alliance ran around like beheaded chickens.

I asked in Chat what the heck they are thinking and I got flamed with "your dad/your mom" jokes.

I told them I ask myself why I was stupid enough to queue with Merc mode as alliance.

3 People told me they are losing BECAUSE OF ME.

The scoreboard showed. We had 9 kills of wich 8 was done by me solo... + I captured 4 of 6 bases.

Alliance sucks hard and it has nothing to do with Racials! They are complete fools and never understood how to zerg since Burning Crusade.

I played both faction and I had a long break since WoD. Everything is still as it always has been even after all these years.

Also: Alliance has a ton of Leeroy Jenkins. While this is good in BGs like The Azurite one to distract the horde Zergmachine away.
    But under ordinary circumstances Horde alwas win. They defend their healers and run in Packs.

Compared to Alliance -> Example: Me Warrior + Rogue + 1 Healer + 1 Mage run in a straight line and a Clash with around 5 Horder is going to happen. But what do I see? 2 people (healer + Mage) ride away because they are afraid of dying.

This behavior is one of the most common fatal mistakes I see at alliance.

When I play a BG I give my life for the Objective. For example if I can hold back a flag carrie with his 4 defenders long enough till backup arrives, I do it.

While most of the alliance players dont even try.

You can also see it in scoreboards. There are people who die 8 Times and do double the damage of some of the best geared Ranges (Mage/Hunter) as Squishy WW or Warrior/DH BECAUSE they fight and go balls in. While the majority off alliance players "i dont wanna die" run away and give the enemy team free objectives.

There is a deep psychological difference in the faction. To me it always seemed when I played alliance, that the Horde are bloodthirsty slaughtermachines, waiting at the respawn to crush more Alliance skulls, while the alliance are just mental weaklings running away as soon as they see an even number in a zerg.

Alliance SUCK and I say this mainly as an alliance player.

And before people say: Oh this is subjective blabla gibberish:

I use REFLEX addon and around 85% loss ratio in almost all BGs is no subjective bias.

Lorewise I like alliance more, but as a PvP player, I am fed up with their ball-lessness and rerolled back to Horde.

Classic-BC Horde
    WotLK Transferred 8 Chars to Alliance
    Cata-WoD had a second account played both factions.
    Shadowlands playing both factions again. I do have a good junk of experience in this games PvP and alliance SUCK IN RANDOM BG's end of story. There is no way in denying that and it has nothing to do with Gear/Racials. Its all about weakling mentallity/dont give a sh*t mentality.

I do have to say tho: 1 out of 5 BGs start with 6 out of 10 Alliance players and Alliance has less heals overall. This makes it even worse for them.