Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Xal'atath in Castle Nathria

So I use the Xal'atath xmog regularly, and she spoke to me in Castle Nathria, saying something about this being a place where there was an eternal battle between ancient powers long before the Titans came to muck it up; and that this little "war" we were in was cute.

Is that a BfA quote, or is it new? I've never seen it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    So I use the Xal'atath xmog regularly, and she spoke to me in Castle Nathria, saying something about this being a place where there was an eternal battle between ancient powers long before the Titans came to muck it up; and that this little "war" we were in was cute.

It's an old quote I'm fairly certain about ToS. Nzoth got his butt kicked by Ysharj at the site of ToS and it was over some sort of power there.

"This conflict is but a shadow of an ancient war that predated the meddling of the titans. Infinite armies clashed in ceaseless battle. But I'm sure your little war is impressive... in its own way."

Once again proof that N'Zoth remains the real villain pulling the strings.

I have been saying since the beginning that Shadowlands is filler like WoD.

This war in the Shadowlands is happening -in the Shadowlands- because it won't be important in the grand scheme of things. The real battle is on Azeroth, and N'Zoth is still out there lurking in the shadows.

It doesn't matter if her quote isn't referring to the Shadowlands, because she still called the Third Legion Invasion a "little conflict" compared to what the Old Gods can unleash on the universe. And the Third Legion Invasion, like this conflict in Shadowlands, was a cosmic war. And yet it was nothing next to the ancient clashes between Old Gods. This is all so predictable.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-02-10 at 07:44 AM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It doesn't matter if her quote isn't referring to the Shadowlands, because she still called the Third Legion Invasion a "little conflict" compared to what the Old Gods can unleash on the universe. And the Third Legion Invasion, like this conflict in Shadowlands, was a cosmic war. And yet it was nothing next to the ancient clashes between Old Gods. This is all so predictable.
    The fact her quote isn't referring to the Shadowlands just proves one thing: It's a code issue where Xal thinks we're in a Legion raid. Code issue, not lore one.

For the second part, the Third Legion Invasion was not a cosmic war, they couldn't invade anything at all... I don't think any city has burned, I'm not even sure there were more than 20 casualties during the whole expac.
    Looking from now, Legion's events were more a roflstomp on the Legion than a threatening war. We were on their world decimating their troops and we decimated their commanders as well. They did very little on Azeroth.

*another insane rant*
    Its a bug, buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Its a bug, buddy.
    lmaooo
    but...but...the titan POV chronicles say the void is the biggest baddest thing of all time..its gotta be trueeeee
    /thread
    Last edited by Houle; 2021-02-10 at 12:35 PM.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    It's an old quote I'm fairly certain about ToS. Nzoth got his butt kicked by Ysharj at the site of ToS and it was over some sort of power there.

"This conflict is but a shadow of an ancient war that predated the meddling of the titans. Infinite armies clashed in ceaseless battle. But I'm sure your little war is impressive... in its own way."
    That's the quote. I don't ever remember seeing that in ToS in the zillions of times I have run it, so it looked new to me!

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. This shit is beyond hopeful.

That's the quote. I don't ever remember seeing that in ToS in the zillions of times I have run it, so it looked new to me!
    If I remember correctly it mostly played on the Broken Shore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a quote that she says on Netherlight Temple, which means that map was the base they used to make CN. They probably copied it, removed everything and started the castle modelling.

No, it's just proof that Blizzard zone makers used the Netherlight Temple map as the base for Castle Nathria and Xal'atath speech still triggers from it.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    It's a quote that she says on Netherlight Temple, which means that map was the base they used to make CN. They probably copied it, removed everything and started the castle modelling.

No, it's just proof that Blizzard zone makers used the Netherlight Temple map as the base for Castle Nathria and Xal'atath speech still triggers from it.
    Really interesting if true.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Really interesting if true.
    Not actually that interesting. It's more likely to be a case of "this map has the base settings i need" rather than "let's connect these two zones".

7+ Year Old Account
    It's a quote that she says on Netherlight Temple
    Eh no.
    This conflict is but a shadow of an ancient war that predated the meddling of the titans. Infinite armies clashed in ceaseless battle. But I'm sure your little war is impressive... in its own way.
    This is the line OP is talking about, she says it when you are on the Broken Shore.

Formerly known as Arafal

This war in the Shadowlands is happening -in the Shadowlands- because it won't be important in the grand scheme of things. The real battle is on Azeroth, and N'Zoth is still out there lurking in the shadows.

It's an old quote from Legion. She spews this nonsense out all the time in game, cause the blade can't stfu.

You're looking way too into this.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Or MAYBE Blizzard just fails at writing anything substantial anymore and N'Zoth has been dealt with, unfortunately.

I'm sorry for your loss, pal.

- - - Updated - - -

haahhahahahahahahahaha no.

It's a BUG.

Get over yourselves.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account

It's a BFA quote referencing the Broken Shore. Because you use the transmog, you'll get quotes from the weapon often. It's the same with the Arcane Mage artifact appearance and also the Demonology Warlock one.

Absolutely no relevance to the Castle Nathria raid, and any particular poster in this thread who claims otherwise is willfully trolling. But they got banned... again... and rightfully so. Literally grasping at a fucking bug in order to quasi-roleplay non-facts and push arguments nobody makes. Sad!

10+ Year Old Account
    sounds like a bug
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

I think it's safe to say that they won't ever give new lines to Xal'atath because lorewise she's no longer within the blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    For the second part, the Third Legion Invasion was not a cosmic war, they couldn't invade anything at all... I don't think any city has burned, I'm not even sure there were more than 20 casualties during the whole expac.
    Looking from now, Legion's events were more a roflstomp on the Legion than a threatening war. We were on their world decimating their troops and we decimated their commanders as well. They did very little on Azeroth.
    You only get this impression because it was poorly shown in-game. Demons were invading all over Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    The fact her quote isn't referring to the Shadowlands just proves one thing: It's a code issue where Xal thinks we're in a Legion raid. Code issue, not lore one.

The Legion invasion lasted a month and the defenders of Azeroth fought the Legion to a standstill, kicking off the events of the expansion. The assault on the Broken Shore was the first counter-attack against the Legion after months of a global invasion, only after the fighting came to a standstill.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Legion_Invasions

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Or MAYBE Blizzard just fails at writing anything substantial anymore and N'Zoth has been dealt with, unfortunately.

I'm sorry for your loss, pal.

- - - Updated - - -

haahhahahahahahahahaha no.

It's a BUG.

Get over yourselves.
    That person was saying it was a bug or rather something unintended that arose from how they constructed the map as in the programming. A Chozo was not in any way implying that Nathria was in game related to anything, but rather related in terms of the coding they used which means nothing except sizing and textures.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    It's a BFA quote referencing the Broken Shore. Because you use the transmog, you'll get quotes from the weapon often. It's the same with the Arcane Mage artifact appearance and also the Demonology Warlock one.

Absolutely no relevance to the Castle Nathria raid, and any particular poster in this thread who claims otherwise is willfully trolling. But they got banned... again... and rightfully so. Literally grasping at a fucking bug in order to quasi-roleplay non-facts and push arguments nobody makes. Sad!
    Legion quote, but otherwise correct.