Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

Guilds dying because of Castle Nathria?

I noticed this vid from preach and it's quite sad. Even though he's been in this guild for a while it was during this raid cycle that they ended up stopping raiding.

What's blizz going to do about dying guilds? When is the new raid going to be out?

one irrelevant youtuber's guild died during a specific raid tier = all guilds are dying because of the raid

5+ Year Old Account
    Good. Let them die.

Force Blizz to open the doors to faction grouping.

Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    I noticed this vid from preach and it's quite sad. Even though he's been in this guild for a while it was during this raid cycle that they ended up stopping raiding.

What's blizz going to do about dying guilds? When is the new raid going to be out?
    1) A single case does not make a trend. There may be one, but your evidence is weak, at best.

2) Dying guilds has been an issue in every online community, since online communities were a thing. Times change.

3) New raid will be out when it's ready. Check back then.
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

Faction grouping would be a dream come true

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    one irrelevant youtuber's guild died during a specific raid tier = all guilds are dying because of the raid

Not irrelevant at all, but yeah no indication guilds are dying.

Long-term guilds die all the time during random raid tiers for every reason imaginable. A lot of guilds quit during BfA because they didn't enjoy it, same with Legion... Hell, same with TBC & Wrath. It just happens.

7+ Year Old Account
    Guilds die and are created every day of every tier. Nothing special about it. Sloots guild also died recently.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Same thing they did in other expansions, nothing. Guilds dying is normal and nothing new to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Good. Let them die.

Force Blizz to open the doors to faction grouping.
    You want guilds to die for faction grouping.....dear lord talk about completely fucking the game up.

Shiity game content is killing guilds and notice this same on guilds where i am too

10+ Year Old Account
    I found a new guild right before SL dropped and I couldn't be happier. While I'm not in the main raid which is progressing through mythic CN, the 2nd group just got AOTC and that's more than enough for me. If we end up pushing mythic at some point, that'd be cool, but I don't see why people hate on CN. It's not Ulduar, but it's also nowhere close to Uldir.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

A new raid isn't going to fix anything at all. This one has barely been out for a month and a half at this point. Raids are meant to last longer than that.

I'm playing wow for many years now and is always the same situation every expansion.

After a couple of months it happens, the game loses the appeal and low-tier guilds will have problems with the raid because people getting bored and started to quit the game.

Guilds aren't dying because there isn't enough raid content. Adding a new raid won't fix it. Guilds die for all kinds of reasons. Usually it is skill gap between raiders, expectations of effort being different than what was advertised, drama between players/loot distribution, people getting frustrated by being stuck on a boss or having issues with having full 20 man roster show up each raid day, etc etc.

If blizzard released the next raid tier in a month, I bet more guilds would quit since they didn't have enough time to finish the current one and would just say "fuck it I'm not putting in the effort of progression if blizzard just releases content too soon".

From what Preach said, it sounded like this raid just had a ton of bugs and poorly tuned raid encounters that just drained them. Also, despite what he tries to portray in the video, their guild is pretty hardcore. A lot of stress at that level with little reward.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-02-03 at 09:31 PM.

The raid itself is fine, but spending entire evenings and get absolutely nothing is not exactly what people want to go through.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Faction grouping would be a dream come true
    Future WoW, Guilds are faction!

No more Horde vs Alliance, all cities are sanctuary zones for all players. But....out in the world, with warmode on, it's you vs everyone not in your guild!

10+ Year Old Account
    Some mechanics are fine others are not so much but a big YT's guild dying isn't indictive of anything serious.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post

If preach is irrelevant.. then which WoW youtuber is relevant?

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    If preach is irrelevant.. then which WoW youtuber is relevant?
    None of them are.

Anyway, guilds die all the time. Even old ones. Shit happens.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death