15+ Year Old Account

Ret pally Kyrian opener?

I personally believe I may be doing my opener wrong. What is the opener for ret as kyrian?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really only use the Kyrian ability when there's more than 3 enemies.
    ...or when I'm outside and stuff doesn't matter.

Dont you just replace one crusader strike with the kyrian ability?

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    I personally believe I may be doing my opener wrong. What is the opener for ret as kyrian?
    talents?????
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

15+ Year Old Account
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...ugthol/requiem

That is my armory. I'm only asking because I heard someone mention they thought I was doing my opener wrong during a heroic raid, and am just curious as to what the community feels the appropriate opener is for ret as Kyrian. Also, why would you NOT use the Kyrian ability on CD considering it increases your mastery by 350 via combat meditation..?

You are supposed to use it on CD, and make sure it overlaps with wings. Go to the 'hammer of wrath' discord for more information, not this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Dont you just replace one crusader strike with the kyrian ability?
    Judgment. It is still an OK CD to provide a big mastery buff and apply a 2nd judgment buff after a normal one is used. It just shines in AOE situations like it's intended.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Judgment. It is still an OK CD to provide a big mastery buff and apply a 2nd judgment buff after a normal one is used. It just shines in AOE situations like it's intended.
    It does an Judgement - that's why you do not use it right before or after a regular Judgement. And the least valuable ability in the kit is crus strike.. so yeah, that's what I mean.

If you're Kyrian you play with the chance to triple proc conduit, as it sims higher than all the other conduits, even on ST.
    And with that conduit it becomes a top priority ability, meaning all you silly people not using it on ST are effectively playing without a covenant for no other reason than *guide told me to take the TV conduit so I do duh*.

15+ Year Old Account
    at 21 renown you can have both the TV and triple proc equipped. I normally use it as 3rd skills. at boss fights i start with wings -> wrath -> BoJ -> ES -> final reck -> DT -> TV ->wake of ashes -> judge -> TV

on trash i just use w/e is off cd

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet View Post
    at 21 renown you can have both the TV and triple proc equipped. I normally use it as 3rd skills. at boss fights i start with wings -> wrath -> BoJ -> ES -> final reck -> DT -> TV ->wake of ashes -> judge -> TV

Thank you for being the first and only person to actually do what I asked and posted an opener lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Thank you for being the first and only person to actually do what I asked and posted an opener lol.
    Your opener heavily depends on what talents you are running, which you still haven't posted.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Your opener heavily depends on what talents you are running, which you still haven't posted.
    Except I linked my armory.

15+ Year Old Account
    Go to raidbots. If you use the quicksim option, after it's done, it gives you the option to check the whole rotation used. There you can see what the opener is. For me, as a Kyrian too, it opens with Divine Toll followed by wings-how-tv etc .

To be fair, so long as you're using it and getting the mastery buff before you unload your biggest chunk of damage, your DPS likely isn't going to reflect whether you used it in the most perfect of places in your rotation. Over a thousand combat runs - ie, what sims do - you might see some minor fluctuation between using it in one place or another, but in practice, you'll see more variation from the RNG of damage ranges, procs, and crits than from DT being in an ideal spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I go
    Avenging wrath + Divine Toll > Final Reckoning > TV > Ashes > Judg > TV
    This might change based on DP procs tho.
    Last edited by ipoststuff; 2021-01-30 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet View Post

You dont want to have Final Reckoning inside of the Executioners Sentence window, also its not recommended to play the "1min burst talents" without Seraphim, which you didn't mentioned in your Opener.

As for the "passive build" my opener would either be

[As Belf Arcane Torrent prepull] > Judgment > BoJ (to avoid only getting 1HP from BoJ if you do the very first hit) > Potion > Wings+Usetrinket > TV > Divine Toll > TV / Wake of Ashes > Whatever is up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by narutosw View Post
    You dont want to have Final Reckoning inside of the Executioners Sentence window
    That's exactly where you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    That's exactly where you want it.
    You don't since it only gets the damage bonus if it's cast while the final reckoning debuff is up, it's not very intuitive imo.