Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Which Torghast boss do you hate the most?

If there is one thing i hate is wasting time for absolute 0 profit and the worst offender right now is Patrician fucking Cromwell in floor 18 of Twisted Corridors.

He seems overpowered especially if you don't get lucky with tons of HP buffs, it's a massive waste of time getting to the end with no deaths just to die 5 times to his 50k melee attacks and casts you can't always interrupt. Even with all the powers to stun him with hammers of wrath and holy damage I couldn't bring him lower than 2mil hp before getting melee-cast combo'd to death , almost every other boss you can kill no problem avoiding their abilities or blocking casts but this dude, this dude spams casts and hits like a ogre on steroids.
    I guess if you don't have at least 150k hp by floor 15 and see him as the final boss it's better to cut your losses and quit.

Which boss , if there's any other than him , made you reconsider how you spent your last 2 hours?

I honestly don't notice much difference between them. Every single one can just be burst down in a few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    I honestly don't notice much difference between them. Every single one can just be burst down in a few seconds.
    same for me. and if i lack of dmg powerups i can atleast stun them for 100% uptime as arms warrior with condemn and they just do nothing.

This. Maybe because I don't do Twisting Corridors.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    This. Maybe because I don't do Twisting Corridors.
    yeah , that goes without saying . Ordinary torghast once you are in the 190 ilvl is easy mode , in TC numbers ramp up fairly quick.

I got Maw of the Maw as the final boss of my TC8 run, that wasn't very fun.

I probably haven't seen all of them but I really hated fighting Elder Longbranch

10+ Year Old Account
    Had no issues with bosses in Twisting Corridors. The time investment is my biggest enemy.

During the second or third week though, that big slime caused a lot of trouble.

Favorite would be the Abomination with the hook, he's useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    yeah , that goes without saying . Ordinary torghast once you are in the 190 ilvl is easy mode , in TC numbers ramp up fairly quick.
    You can get over 1M DPS for layer 8 floor 18 end boss. They all die the same way.

The eye (cant remember the name) cause i got him on the first couple weeks while he was bugged and his beam didnt work correctly ! after that he was on top of the list for me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    I got Maw of the Maw as the final boss of my TC8 run, that wasn't very fun.
    Maw of the maw becomes harder the more obleron powers you got cause of his ability ! the only way is to wait for floor 3 where you can check the boss at the pedestral and if it isnt maw of the maw you start stacking obleron powers

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Maw of the maw becomes harder the more obleron powers you got cause of his ability ! the only way is to wait for floor 3 where you can check the boss at the pedestral and if it isnt maw of the maw you start stacking obleron powers
    Yeah that doesnt help in TC8 when you find out hes the boss on floor 15 and you have a shitton of oberlorn from the previous 14 floors

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Yeah, by the time I found out it was him at the pedestal I had like 25 obleron powers. By the end of the fight his shadow damage attack was doing 200+k if I didn't have a cooldown up.

The image of him also looks remarkably similar to the slime that splits up every ~20%.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2021-02-06 at 12:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't run into any bosses that have given me trouble as a prot warrior. Especially in twisting corridors with the sheer amount of powers you get I always get the OP condemn knock down spam combo the bosses don't have a chance to hit me

Warden of Souls is the worst. It spawns those caster adds and has to be constantly moved out of the pool.

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    If there is one thing i hate is wasting time for absolute 0 profit and the worst offender right now is Patrician fucking Cromwell in floor 18 of Twisted Corridors.

He seems overpowered especially if you don't get lucky with tons of HP buffs, it's a massive waste of time getting to the end with no deaths just to die 5 times to his 50k melee attacks and casts you can't always interrupt. Even with all the powers to stun him with hammers of wrath and holy damage I couldn't bring him lower than 2mil hp before getting melee-cast combo'd to death , almost every other boss you can kill no problem avoiding their abilities or blocking casts but this dude, this dude spams casts and hits like a ogre on steroids.
    I guess if you don't have at least 150k hp by floor 15 and see him as the final boss it's better to cut your losses and quit.

Which boss , if there's any other than him , made you reconsider how you spent your last 2 hours?
    Wait, you are a paladin and you don't kill bosses? U might be picking something wrong. + Don't take HP if you have better choices. I finished Torghast 8 with lower HP than I started with.

Mr Longbranch and his -90% damage armor buff would like a word with you
    Went in as sub rogue, this was a bad experience. Really easy druid / blood DK though.

So one topic: Mr Longbranch as a non tank class rellying on opening burst and not able to use vanish without resetting the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    That douche nozzle that damages you when you attack it with its shield up.

And by damages you I mean kills you.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to tell when they all die in seconds.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

maw of the maw without question

absolute pain in the ass

Imagine taking 80+ anima powers with 2 guaranteed epics and complaining you didn't get lucky on them.