Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Maw wpvp would be insanely fun if we could loot other ppls dropped stygia

ATM theres zero reason to turn on warmode for maw because the reward of 15% bonus is just not worth risking losing all your stygia
    if you could loot stygia of other ppl it would give incentive to do so and it would be fun as fuck

Why would losing stygia to other players be any more attractive than losing it to the maw?

Zone into the maw, instantly get obliterated by the full raid of mages AOE spamming the spawn point while your computer lags so badly it causes the game to crash.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    Why would losing stygia to other players be any more attractive than losing it to the maw?
    You speak like you've never won anything :S
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

kinda create a lot of ways to abiuse the system

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    ATM theres zero reason to turn on warmode
    We can stop here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    Bigger reward. Killing a random mawsworn gives you like 6 stygia, 50 on a rare. Players can drop over 1000.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Zone into the maw, instantly get obliterated by the full raid of mages AOE spamming the spawn point while your computer lags so badly it causes the game to crash.
    Yo first thing that came to my mind too.

Definetly insanely fun until you run into 2x4 mythic or elite geared groups that just farm everything that moves in the maw.

Next thing you know nobody runs with warmode on and forums are full of tears.

It might be more fun if you could "bank" the Stygia between sessions, but lost all that you're currently carrying when you died. And showed you with a big debuff showing other players how much you have currently got.

Right now it's a shit mechanic that has no place in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Stealing anything from players is the worst idea anyone has ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Bigger reward. Killing a random mawsworn gives you like 6 stygia, 50 on a rare. Players can drop over 1000.
    Top guilds paying players on the opposite faction to farm WQs to drop Stygia Would 100% happen.

ATM theres zero reason to turn on warmode for maw because the reward of 15% bonus is just not worth risking losing all your stygia
    if you could loot stygia of other ppl it would give incentive to do so and it would be fun as fuck
    someone never played Runescape have they huh? no thank you. yours sincerely old runescape Wilderness Pker. we don't need this shit in wow, its bad enough with losing stygia because some asshat decide to pull mobs and then bubble hearth. (I'm saying this as a paladin..)

No, this wouldn't be fun. The FOTM classes who managed to get a full set of 197 honor gear obliterating people as they zone into the maw the first few times, and taking all their Stygia.

It would also break one of the rules that the developers follow: Players can not take items from another player which offer a significant longer-term benefit without the other player explicitly agreeing to it. For example, in some BG's, you can loot items to summon bosses, or push objectives, but those items are of no use outside that specific setting and most disappear when you leave. Since Stygia currently has uses in one of the core pieces of content and provides significant benefit to that, as well as unlocking power upgrades (soulbinds), it would be a detriment to allow such a thing. People would no doubt find a way to exploit it as well.

all ppl here complaining about this idea, you realize you can just opt out and nothing will change for you? i just want a reason to opt into pvp in maw

Servers are not balanced enough, Draenor wpvp is mainly horde, Ragnaros wpvp is alliance, I have not found a nice in between so one will always dominate and spoil it for the minority.

all ppl here complaining about this idea, you realize you can just opt out and nothing will change for you? i just want a reason to opt into pvp in maw
    That idea will be exploited in 10 seconds, thus it is a BAD idea.

Noone can steal resources from another player, end of the story. WoW didn’t have this kind of PvP by design and this won’t ever change (apart from BGs like old AV as someone said but it was stuff that began and ended in the bg itself).

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    That idea will be exploited in 10 seconds, thus it is a BAD idea.

Noone can steal resources from another player, end of the story. WoW didn’t have this kind of PvP by design and this won’t ever change (apart from BGs like old AV as someone said but it was stuff that began and ended in the bg itself).
    still an improvement over what we have now tho, which is nothing, zero reason to turn it on

still an improvement over what we have now tho, which is nothing, zero reason to turn it on
    You have the same reasons for turning it on as in any other zone (no one for me, but that’s me).

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    You have the same reasons for turning it on as in any other zone (no one for me, but that’s me).
    so that would literally change nothing for you

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If your reason for turning on warmode isn't "because I like pvp" then don't bother turning it on.