Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    They did that with Vol'jin, they build him up, hard, to assume as warchief after garrosh, but they killed him like a random mob, in the beginning of the expansion, so yes, it happened before.
    But considering how much we see that Shadowlands was planned in Legion (stuff like the Halls of Valor/Bastion connection, lore hinting at Shadowlands stuff like Mueh'zala, Sylvanas being picked for weird possibly evil reasons) does it really count when they killed Vol'jin likely knowing he was going to come back?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    But considering how much we see that Shadowlands was planned in Legion (stuff like the Halls of Valor/Bastion connection, lore hinting at Shadowlands stuff like Mueh'zala, Sylvanas being picked for weird possibly evil reasons) does it really count when they killed Vol'jin likely knowing he was going to come back?
    yes, cause they made a huge big deal making him warchief, why do that to just be a plot point for this mess? and "he didn't come back", i don't count caspar the friendly ghost as "coming back for Vol'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    OR we kill the Jailer once & for all & free him & Sylvanas together. I mean, Queen shit. Respect.
    That does not look it what happens with undeads, when we kill the Lich king their minions were still undead

If for some reason anduin is more special and is the only one to live again seems like next lv of mary sue

So "the crown of light will bring only darkness" is about Anduin and not Calia? There is even a crown for undead Anduin on that artwork.

They didn't know they were gonna actually kill him until mid-way through Legion given there was datamined dialogue of him leaving (for Zandalar) and putting Sylvanas in charge temporarily, ditto they didn't decide the Jailer was a thing until the very least after BTS was finalized.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    So "the crown of light will bring only darkness" is about Anduin and not Calia? There is even a crown for undead Anduin.
    It's probably Turalyon. Nobody has a crown at the moment between all three of them and Turalyon being crowned will be a big moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    Leak fake, the raid is about Sylvanas, not Kel'thuzad.
    and number of people surprised by the leak being fake might reach whole ZERO

That does not look it what happens with undeads, when we kill the Lich king their minions were still undead
    The Jailer predates the Lich King. The Lich King is just an extension of the Jailer's power. That's the Hope Anduin was talking about when he said "The choice [Sylvanas] never had." Frostmorne bound her to the maw, but it would be extremely strange if the resolution to that storyline is "Well, there's no way to be free of the maw. But have hope or something blah blah blah"

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Is Korthia a new zone or just an extension to the maw? Seems more like the second option for now.
    seems more like there will be portal of some kind in maw where we get through to kortia first time

It's probably Turalyon. Nobody has a crown at the moment between all three of them and Turalyon being crowned will be a big moment.
    Didn't Anduin write a will in BtS that Genn would become a king of Stormwind after his death?

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Didn't Anduin write a will in BtS that Genn would become a king of Stormwind after his death?
    Oh yeah, but I don't think Turalyon is going to do it with the approval of anyone. Hence why it would be a big deal if he made a "Crown of Light" and declared himself king of Stormwind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    The Jailer predates the Lich King. The Lich King is just an extension of the Jailer's power. That's the Hope Anduin was talking about when he said "The choice [Sylvanas] never had." Frostmorne bound her to the maw, but it would be extremely strange if the resolution to that storyline is "Well, there's no way to be free of the maw. But have hope or something blah blah blah"
    that would mean every undead character would become alive again, this plot make no sense

yes, cause they made a huge big deal making him warchief, why do that to just be a plot point for this mess? and "he didn't come back", i don't count caspar the friendly ghost as "coming back for Vol'jin

If for some reason anduin is more special and is the only one to live again seems like next lv of mary sue
    Iguess then the main difference is that with Vol'jin they at least knew there was another layer down where they could bring him back in a somewhat natural way.
    Killing Anduin meanwhile wouldnt really accomplish much of anything except killing Anduin.

At best you could argue that killing Anduin better sets up the plot of Turalyon becoming fanatical since there wouldnt be any heir to the throne that could take power backfrom him legally, but even that seems like a long way to go for somethign that could be done just as easily with Anduin undead.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Anduin isn't going to die, but he'll definitely be taking a "break" as leader after this. Maybe to heal from his corruption, maybe to find himself, whatever.

Cue Turalyon taking the throne.

10+ Year Old Account
    ''The Light has made a bargain with the enemy of all''

Oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Killing Anduin would add nothing to the story except slight confusion.
    eeeh... might bring alliance civil war as he have no real succesor, but i doubt blizz writers are capable of thinking that far ahead

5+ Year Old Account
    Okay I'm here to give what I am due. I was wrong. The leak was correct. Anduin really becomes the new Lich King. I still think this is a dumb move for shock value, but let it not be said that I don't own up to my mistakes.

If they redeem/revive him this expansion, that will be a massive copout. Killing off House Wrynn might not be good for the setting, but corrupting somebody and immediately undoing it is just sad. But if they commit to this plotline and go with it, they could do amazing stuff with it. Anduin as a final boss struck down by Genn Greymane.

that would mean every undead character would become alive again, this plot make no sense
    being bound the maw doesn't necessarily mean the physical attributes of undead characters would vanish. Also, we see that the Forsaken are categorically different from people bound to the maw. I'm saying that IF the point of this storyline is "everyone killed by a morneblade are bound to the maw forever, & there's no changing that" then Sylvanas is ideologically correct & Anduin's preaching about Hope is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Iguess then the main difference is that with Vol'jin they at least knew there was another layer down where they could bring him back in a somewhat natural way.
    Killing Anduin meanwhile wouldnt really accomplish much of anything except killing Anduin.

At best you could argue that killing Anduin better sets up the plot of Turalyon becoming fanatical since there wouldnt be any heir to the throne that could take power backfrom him legally, but even that seems like a long way to go for somethign that could be done just as easily with Anduin undead.
    Killing Anduin would only be worthwhile if it was accompanied with an overall writing change to take into account that different groups and leaders have incompatible goals, beliefs and material interests and so not every fight needs to be blanket good and evil. As this won't happen given the writing staff, killing him has no long term benefit since someone else would just enter into the Anduin role, just like Anduin inherited a lot of Thrall's story handicaps. On the other hand, as inevitable as it is, you jump an extra shark past the ones you've already jumped by having a guy be stabbed by a soulstealing runeblade forged by the devil himself only for him to recover fairly harmlessly.

Mind, there's no real loss in killing him either, and the vacuum would be a useful storytelling opportunity even for the current staff. It just won't happen.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2021-02-18 at 05:39 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Killing Anduin would only be worthwhile if it was accompanied with an overall writing change to take into account that different groups and leaders have incompatible goals, beliefs and material interests and so not every fight needs to be blanket good and evil. As this won't happen given the writing staff, killing him has no long term benefit since someone else would just enter into the Anduin role, just like Anduin inherited a lot of Thrall's story handicaps. On the other hand, as inevitable as it is, you jump an extra shark past the ones you've already jumped by having a guy be stabbed by a soulstealing runeblade forged by the devil himself only for him to recover fairly harmlessly.

Mind, there's no real loss in killing him either, and the vacuum would be a useful storytelling opportunity even for the current staff. It just won't happen.
    Personally I would go for keeping him undead, that way you can have some interesting storytelling opportunities as the line between humans and forsaken gets further blurred. Even better if we go back to EK and Kalimdor for the next expansion.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Crap I just realised this might all be leading up to a Light Risen Anduin. "Now there's two of them!"
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity