Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So another WoD incoming?

https://twitter.com/ChristieGolden/s...68976105844740

This honestly terrifies me. What if they run out of future content and we'll have a second WoD, but this time on Azeroth?
    This is just...

I'm just going to say my honest opinion about this. If you still don't realise that writers stuck on social media with their cult followers and interactions with said followers aren't ruining the lore of this game, than by all means continue sticking your head in the sand.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    https://twitter.com/ChristieGolden/s...68976105844740

This honestly terrifies me. What if they run out of future content and we'll have a second WoD, but this time on Azeroth?
    This is just...

I'm just going to say my honest opinion about this. If you still don't realise that writers stuck on social media with their cult followers and interactions with said followers aren't ruining the lore of this game, than by all means continue sticking your head in the sand.
    How did you get that from this twitter? Golden hasn't got creative control over the overarching narrative so you are even more wrong.

IT was one of the alternative, time lines that was shown in The thrall book https://wow.gamepedia.com/Thrall:_Tw...of_the_Aspects Where Thrall, goes on a interdimensional journey Christie is a well known Alliance fan so of course she would love to write a book centered around a Good Arthas, story with Baby Anduin being more of a golden boy.
    but I dont think blizzzard would allow it, after the mess of WOD they realized, to stay clear of Alternative Timelines

What about the timeway where Jaina and Sylvanas hook up? I'm more interested in that one.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    What about the timeway where Jaina and Sylvanas hook up? I'm more interested in that one.
    Pretty sure the timeline they're talking about includes that, where they have a child and named him Uther.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

7+ Year Old Account
    Golden posting some cringey wishful tweets is not an indication of anything.

My fucking god.

Formerly known as Arafal

While Garithos' Golden Alliance coming to cleanse our defective Azeroth of inhuman beasts would be in the highest tier of expansion concepts it's just Golden writing things she finds fun.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2021-02-28 at 12:25 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

We're going to come back and 50-75 years has gone by. That's what's going to happen me thinks, the horde and alliance will be long gone and we're gonna all be one happy family now. Then and only then can this game finally just die and let us all live our lives in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Justintime328 View Post
    We're going to come back and 50-75 years has gone by. That's what's going to happen me thinks, the horde and alliance will be long gone and we're gonna all be one happy family now. Then and only then can this game finally just die and let us all live our lives in peace.
    That'd legit be the best thing that could happen to WoW. I don't know why people still cling so hard to the factions meme.

Quote Originally Posted by Justintime328 View Post
    *terrified*
    If anyone here wants a friendly Friends & Family game, they can go play Barbie: Cuddles and Pooches edition

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    That'd legit be the best thing that could happen to WoW. I don't know why people still cling so hard to the factions meme.
    That's the good part about Warcraft. I don't know why people are looking for a peaceful and harmonious story in WoW.

Sounds like terrible fan fiction to me, which is troubling considering Blizzard seems to have her as their main writer now.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post

That's the good part about Warcraft. I don't know why people are looking for a peaceful and harmonious story in WoW.
    the part that splits the playerbase as well as makes the devs make literally twice as many quests that we only see half of, and otherwise has no impact other than pvp that is only played by a small percentage of people?

or are you one of the "war in warcraft" people? i assure you, theres plenty of war to go on in warcraft where we arent killing each other for bullshit forced reasons that makes less than no sense. every faction/enemy we have fought has been a war against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    but I dont think blizzzard would allow it, after the mess of WOD they realized, to stay clear of Alternative Timelines
    People also tend to forget that WoD was released 10 days before the 20th anniversary of the original Warcraft I release date. The concept of messing with the timeline allowed for us to see these legendary orcs that have long since been dead like Doomhammer, Blackhand, etc. Did it work very well? Obviously not.

Blizzard probably has not abandoned the idea of alternate timelines seeing as they have done it successfully before with the End Time dungeon in Patch 4.3 as well as preventing changes to the timeline with Escape from Durnholde Keep, Black Morass, and the Culling of Stratholme. But those were more surgical uses of them rather than clubbing us in the face with it like they did with WoD.

Yeah, no. This is just a response to some artwork a fan made, from the timeline an alternate Blackmore character was from in a Thrall book in the past.

The only WoD repeat we have to worry about is the possibility of Blizzard ending Shadowlands with its 9.2 patch instead of 9.3 due to delays and Activision pressure.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    sounds pretty interesting, they should put Golden in charge of a main WoW storyline or two.

10+ Year Old Account
    She is referencing a novel from years ago. How the hell do you discern anything differently than that?

Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects

And second, OP stop with your fucking exaggeration. How the hell do you get to the thought of a "second WoD" from a tweet that references something out of a novel that came out years ago?

You must really like hearing your self speak/reading what you wrote on this damn website.

I'm just going to say my honest opinion about this.

Yeah, that hasn't stopped you from making shitty complaining threads before, no need begin prefacing this now.

If you still don't realise that writers stuck on social media with their cult followers and interactions with said followers aren't ruining the lore of this game, than by all means continue sticking your head in the sand.

So here is the real purpose of the thread. Another "me no like" thread from an OP who scraped the bottom of the barrel for an excuse to make a complain thread.

It's clear you just want to shit on the product.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-02-28 at 12:27 PM.

If anything i would guess a Cata style xpac next, updated/revamped old world areas and such. We seem to be somewhat repeating the Xpac cycle, we had Burning Crusade, later on Legion, all about demons and the Legion, then we had Wotlk, now we have undead and LK and all that again...

TBC, Wotlk, Cata
    Legion, Shadowlands, Cata 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    She is referencing a novel from years ago. How the hell do you discern anything differently than that?

Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects

And second, OP stop with your fucking exaggeration. How the hell do you get to the thought of a "second WoD" from a tweet that references something out of a novel that came out years ago?

You must really like hearing your self speak/reading what you wrote on this damn website.

Yeah, that hasn't stopped you before, no need preface it.

So here is the real purpose of the thread. Another "me no like" thread from an OP who scraped the bottom of the barrel for an excuse to make a complain thread.

It's clear you just want to shit on the product.
    I just gave my opinion on it, and yeah, it's fun to shit on the product when the product is as shit.
    Everyone forgot about Danuser's self insert with Sylvanas and Nathanos, no one cares that writer's can insrt fanfiction as they see fit.

Just like how Mathias Shaw and Flynn got to be a couple because there were a lot of fanfiction between those two.

Blizzard no longer writes on their own interest, they literally listen to the audience and see how they react. Which is why allowing Reddit and Twitter to voice their opinions so much is dangerous, because Blizzard, or should I say Activision is taking notes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just gave my opinion on it, and yeah, it's fun to shit on the product when the product is as shit.
    So be specific. Which product is shit? The game? The story of the game? The novel you failed to reference? Golden's tweets?

But be honest, you won't. You don't need an actual reason, right? There is no actual reason for this thread that hasn't been covered in 100 threads before it, 100 threads still active about it now.

Everyone forgot about Danuser's self insert with Sylvanas and Nathanos, no one cares that writer's can insrt fanfiction as they see fit.

Nobody forgets this. This is literally talked about on this website every couple of weeks. But thank you for acknowledging that as a reason to make shitty complain threads not even about that topic. "Ohhh, I mean, what about Danuser! Danuser everybody, remember that!"

Just like how Mathias Shaw and Flynn got to be a couple because there were a lot of fanfiction between those two.

Literally has no impact on the overall story, but ok. Yet another example of something that does not impact you directly nor the overarching story.

Blizzard no longer writes on their own interest, they literally listen to the audience and see how they react. Which is why allowing Reddit and Twitter to voice their opinions so much is dangerous, because Blizzard, or should I say Activision is taking notes.

So, in truth, you have no real reason to shit on the product other than "me no likey words I read" and you felt that a tweet referencing a novel from 10 years ago would back up your shitty opinions on the state of the story.

The whole basis of this thread is wrong, presumes something over nothing, and you making points that have nothing to do with it and instead just what you feel.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-02-28 at 12:42 PM.

This is just the usual Christie Golden cringe. Nothing will come of it.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2021-02-28 at 12:44 PM.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?