Page 1 of 37
... LastLast

Boost & mount haha

HAHAHA. Fucking hell Blizzard, have you no shame? Let's start off TBC with allowing people to boost and buy a mount...that's unthinkable. Only Blizzard.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    One per account. Can't use it on the new races.

This isn't a huge deal. It's not the retail boost.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    One per account. Can't use it on the new races.

This isn't a huge deal. It's not the retail boost.
    Who cares that it's not on retail? It's worse, it's on classic...where progression is supposed to mean something. Now you can just buy your way to 50 and even get a mount. Sickening, really.

Totally anti-classic ethos.

Changes lead to more changes so that's what you get for praising changes. Just as all the normal people knew since classic beta and earlier. Even more bad changes from retail / retail style changes are coming. eventually.

You can use this only on fresh account tho... So why u are crying already?

Edit: Existing account too it seems. My mistake, but it is still only one boost per account (to 58 and not lvl70), so no issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    HAHAHA. Fucking hell Blizzard, have you no shame? Let's start off TBC with allowing people to boost and buy a mount...that's unthinkable. Only Blizzard.
    One per acc. What do you care? I literally skipped classic just because leveling experience is very bad for me. It's oriented to new players anyway.

thats actually great, i regret playing classic again and i did not finish leveling so i wasn't really looking forward to tbc but now i can just get a boost and get past classic
    Last edited by Finear; 2021-02-19 at 11:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And you'll still get that same progression on the new races which was the main draw of people to roll fresh in 2.0 anyway.

Literally this isn't an issue to 90% of the people that'll play BCC. They'll just import a main from Classic or will be rolling the new races that you, again, cannot boost anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, there is no shame in this. You were too naive to believe it wasn't going to be an option. Classic is an investment, and there is MAU's in there too. Even so, it is limited as well.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2021-02-19 at 11:41 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    This also gives Classic players an opportunity to leave their Classic characters on the Vanilla servers and bring these boosted characters over to TBC.

Have the boost available for a week then remove it at least! Don't have an optional boost forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    This also gives Classic players an opportunity to leave their Classic characters on the Vanilla servers and bring these boosted characters over to TBC.
    Well that's more the domain of the Copy than the Boost. Since a boosted character probably is in level 58 greens not Tier 3.

Who cares that it's not on retail? It's worse, it's on classic...where progression is supposed to mean something. Now you can just buy your way to 50 and even get a mount. Sickening, really.

Totally anti-classic ethos.
    People do that now in classic, everyone just boosts with the gold they bought.

Well, people asked for it. Player behaviour shapes the game and Classic is rife with players paying for boosts already, just with gold.

"But muh journey!" was never going to fly for long once the people spouting the idea the most did dungeon grind to 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexs View Post
    Have the boost available for a week then remove it at least! Don't have an optional boost forever.
    You can only use it once... not whenever you feel like it. So why put a time limit on it?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how this is a big deal.

The boost is for people who give ZERO shits about classic and classic content and literally just want to jump right into TBC. It's limited to one per account, and most of the value of adding another character is literally professions (which all start at 0). For some people it's about the journey and not the destination, but it's over 15 years later with the classic version of WoW being done. To me, it's only natural they give the option going forward because to most people, leveling through the old content when a new expansion is re-released, isn't really part of the journey, it's just a fucking road block.

At the end of the day the game is still an investment for them and they have to make money on it. Considering you can only boost one character per account (and the amount of people who are going to abuse buying multiple account is so small my dudes), I don't see it being that big of a deal. The character copy option is a nice compromise for people who want both and I honestly don't blame them for putting that in either.

This is literally the tamest version of micro transactions they could've added to the game, and considering the philosophy with Arena/Phases/Difficulty I'll take it.

This is vitally necessary for preserving the Classic servers AND Burning Crusade servers. Without the boost, returning for TBC and not classic would be getting burnt out chewing on all of the Classic content you still need to overcome in order to reach TBC late game content.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by kneehidude View Post
    You can only use it once... not whenever you feel like it. So why put a time limit on it?
    Because I want it limited as fuck. Time and amount. There should be no boost in the first place.

a free mount is the least they can give new/periodic players if they don't put a gold cap on existing characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexs View Post
    Because I want it limited as fuck. Time and amount. There should be no boost in the first place.
    Yes, because god forbid someone wants to play TBC without slogging through vanilla