Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetdeal View Post
    Whats the BM Macro? Can give it a try in Beta lol.
    It won’t work. It was a cast sequence macron if i remember correctly which had a built in timer that you adjusted to your weapons attack speed. They killed off these macros long ago

It won't work in beta for a much simpler reason - you don't have Steady Shot in beta

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    We are not talking theoretical, that's an actual log from from 2008 so I'm not sure what discussion there is to be had? Tank threat is usually not an issue with misdirection and salvation on the dps, melee can go up to 110% before pulling agro. It's interesting when I discuss TBC because I have memories that I speak about and people tell me I'm wrong, then I post what remnants of evidence I have left over from those days and people stop responding, at least you eventually came back to me.

Just know here you're looking at an actual WWS log from August 2008 here, and it was the 23rd highest public parse for that boss at that time with the top parses mostly being Rogues and Warriors (pretty sure the top parse was over 6k actually). That doesn't mean threat is never an issue, it will different from boss to boss, and luck can be a factor.

And check out this old legend (as I posted already), anyone who did hyjal knows how it is done but yeah this guy finishes on 6k dps after peaking over 9k.
    This is a fury warrior doing 6k dps in a fight in Hyjal at level 70. He peaks at OVER 9000 DPS. He can do that because of a buff a MCed mob has which increase the haste by 100%. Enjoy !!

so yeah, why we dont give that haste to a hunter and see what he can do? you are claiming here that you could def hit 6k dps in any boss and so far all you show here is gimick bosses that favor physical damage.

a warrior with a perfect group made for him can do a lot of dmg, meanwhile a hunter without other than just a ret paladin or even in the caster group with the SP to never go viper will do more damage from range.

warriors were tanks, thats about it, because of content and because of sunders. is like saying Survival hunter will be a must with improve HM and agi gear......

Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    This is a fury warrior doing 6k dps in a fight in Hyjal at level 70. He peaks at OVER 9000 DPS. He can do that because of a buff a MCed mob has which increase the haste by 100%. Enjoy !!

so yeah, why we dont give that haste to a hunter and see what he can do? you are claiming here that you could def hit 6k dps in any boss and so far all you show here is gimick bosses that favor physical damage.

a warrior with a perfect group made for him can do a lot of dmg, meanwhile a hunter without other than just a ret paladin or even in the caster group with the SP to never go viper will do more damage from range.

warriors were tanks, thats about it, because of content and because of sunders. is like saying Survival hunter will be a must with improve HM and agi gear......
    Why you getting so mad, I was pointing out that tanks can hold agro against high dps if needed and you're having a meltdown because you're a hunter with a chip on his shoulder and aren't even following the conversation? And "warriors were tanks" is a such cringeworthy thing to say, guilds like Method, Nihilum etc were running multiple dps Warriors in TBC, it was an extremely popular role.

Let me remind you here that we're playing a video game, a video game that can be successfully cleared with near any setup you want and where the most important thing of all is to just invite good players who make an effort and show up. So sweaty.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-03-25 at 09:17 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Why you getting so mad, I was pointing out that tanks can hold agro against high dps if needed
    How do they do it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    how do they do it?
    drumsssss babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

How do they do it?
    Well obviously they mind controlled the necromancers after CC'ing them during the trash, then they allowed the tank to build threat for a while before chaining bloodlusts into the Fury Warrior who popped all his cooldowns with Unholy Frenzy up, hence the 9k dps peak. But everyone who did hyjal already knows that. I mean was you expecting me to not know, when I was the one who posted the vid and also have top logs from 2008 myself?

Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    you can say whatever you want, threat is an issue, you are telling me that you were able to pull off a 4k dps when the norm was 3.1 - 3.5k dps back in that time. hunters could go strong all the way always because of FD (even on long CD timer and resists) and misdirection. warrios would sunder the 1st 30 sec of a fight and then maybe they would go out loud after tanks had ample threat.

no tank will generate 5k dps threat to hold your spikes (this even if they nerf threat, remember that in TBC it was 120% when in melee).
    Threat was most certainly an issue to where I had this warlock demo spec with the imp and master summoner i think the talent was where he reduced your threat and I actually out dps'd the other warlocks in guild until about late BT. Anyone who doesn't think threat was an issue in pulling high dps is lying or ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    Hunter, Warlock, Arcane mage (if supported), then Ret (if supported), fury if neither above.
    ret? what are you smoking?

Well obviously they mind controlled the necromancers after CC'ing them during the trash, then they allowed the tank to build threat for a while before chaining bloodlusts into the Fury Warrior who popped all his cooldowns with Unholy Frenzy up, hence the 9k dps peak. But everyone who did hyjal already knows that. I mean was you expecting me to not know, when I was the one who posted the vid and also have top logs from 2008 myself?
    Pure Savage - 110% Savage..........
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

ya'll talking about a warrior on one boss in hyjal. Warlocks with Seed of Corruption, hands down takes the cake for DMG/DPS for the entire hyjal raid instance.

The brown master class will prevail. Hunters are strictly for pulling and providing Trueshot aura. Warlocks exist to summon people around.

Nah I just wanted to point out that tanks cannot hold aggro against 9k dps, or 6k dps, or even much less dps and threatcap in TBC is very real.
    There is no such thing as "tanks can hold agro against high dps if needed" and I just wanted to see you propose a solution of "afk for a minute then start dps"
    Last edited by stevenho; 2021-03-27 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Those macros probably won't work in TBC classic since it's using the modern API.
    Did you just say API for serious? Just stop pretending you have any clue what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    Did you just say API for serious? Just stop pretending you have any clue what you're talking about.
    that was the correct use of API, also he is probably right

Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    Application programming interface? Do you understand what that means? If we didn't have one macros would be like trying to dial a number that has been disconnected.
    Any 10 year old knows what a API is, I'd have to be thick as bricks to not know that LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    that was the correct use of API, also he is probably right
    The whole Wow UI does only access data via the API, no addon, no macro, no nothing got access to the actual game data, its only generated when the game loads and we only have access to it via API calls.

Blizzard changes what addons or macro calls get as return or what type of API calls we even allowed to use.

The whole game seen from the user perspective is just the result of API calls, there is nothing that actualy gets access to real game data without the API layer.

Did you guys not even looked up one simple addons how game data is accessed? The simple fact that addons are allowed means that EVERYTHING is restricted in the user space of the game and is controlled by blizzard.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    The whole Wow UI does only access data via the API, no addon, no macro, no nothing got access to the actual game data, its only generated when the game loads and we only have access to it via API calls.

Blizzard changes what addons or macro calls get as return or what type of API calls we even allowed to use.

The whole game seen from the user perspective is just the result of API calls, there is nothing that actualy gets access to real game data without the API layer.

Did you guys not even looked up one simple addons how game data is accessed? The simple fact that addons are allowed means that EVERYTHING is restricted in the user space of the game and is controlled by blizzard.
    What is your point? Sounds like you agreeing with him lmao

Nah I just wanted to point out that tanks cannot hold aggro against 9k dps, or 6k dps, or even much less dps and threatcap in TBC is very real.
    There is no such thing as "tanks can hold agro against high dps if needed" and I just wanted to see you propose a solution of "afk for a minute then start dps"
    Maybe not 9k dps, but 4k dps yes. This discussion began because somebody claimed it was not possible to hold threat on 4300 dps when I posted my log from Shade of Akama doing 4300 dps. I also did over 4k dps on Fathom Lord as Arms in a T5/Hyjal geared raid and the tanks held on (albeit that's cleave so the damage is split but so is the tank threat), and Arms doesn't have the 10% threat reduction of Fury.

You can gear for threat, give tanks good group setup and proper use of MD and hold on to way more threat than was the norm in your average guild in 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    What is your point? Sounds like you agreeing with him lmao
    Of course he is right. I am just suprised that people dont know the basics after 16+ years of WoW and 17+ years of WoW addons.

MMO-C got a lot of new to the game players but its still shocking to see discussions like this.
    -