Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Anduin is NOT like Arthas whatsoever.

- - - Updated - - -

Sylvanas probably won't. We will, however.
    "insert why not both meme"

I mean in the CGI after the fight where we beat him to 1%

Anduin is NOT like Arthas whatsoever.

- - - Updated - - -

Sylvanas probably won't. We will, however.
    Then why the hamfisted comparisons to Arthas? Why does Garrosh compare him to Arthas? Why does he make the dead scar v2? Why is the shot where he enters Lordaeron's throne room framed the same way as Arthas' return? Why does Arthas' leitmotif play when Uther sees him in the new cinematic?

Why does he LOOK like Arthas?

Anduin is clearly meant to be an Arthas what if.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Then why the hamfisted comparisons to Arthas? Why does Garrosh compare him to Arthas? Why does he make the dead scar v2? Why is the shot where he enters Lordaeron's throne room framed the same way as Arthas' return? Why does Arthas' leitmotif play when Uther sees him in the new cinematic?

Why does he LOOK like Arthas?

Anduin is clearly meant to be an Arthas what if.
    They share similarities, but that's it. Him being what Arthas wasn't actually only proves the argument that they aren't the same at all, since Arthas went down the dark path himself, while Anduin's not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    "insert why not both meme"

I mean in the CGI after the fight where we beat him to 1%
    My assumption is that Sylvanas gets beat, the Jailer comes in, he gets the remaining covenant keys, we lose in the raid, Sylvanas dips from the Jailer after realizing she was used as bait by him and runs to us, she gives us the means of curing Anduin and finding a way to stop the Jailer VIA the Planes of Life, she dips, we go the Planes of Life in order to find a way to cure Anduin and get the Pantheon of Life to help us, the Jailer invades Oribos to claim the final key (AKA the Arbiter), the forces of Life and Death aid us against the Jailer, we fight and cure Anduin with the power of Life and all, Sylvanas goes against the Jailer and dies, and we defeat Zovaal VIA using the Pantheon of Death, the Pantheon of Life, and the Arbiter against him.

- - - Updated - - -

And then, in 10.0, Anduin goes through lots of emotion shit + the Light and Shadow plot. Then, by the end of that expansion, Anduin becomes the true King Arthas never could be. And the Players + Him chad out as the true heroes of the story.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    If any previous situations of "Bad guys does something to Anduin" are anything to go by, he'll get even more special powers.
    Are you saying you're not excited for human Med'an? The powers of a Priest, Paladin, and Deathknight (Light/Void, and Death) rolled into one.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

They share similarities, but that's it. Him being what Arthas wasn't actually only proves the argument that they aren't the same at all, since Arthas went down the dark path himself, while Anduin's not.

- - - Updated - - -

My assumption is that Sylvanas gets beat, the Jailer comes in, he gets the remaining covenant keys, we lose in the raid, Sylvanas dips from the Jailer after realizing she was used as bait by him and runs to us, she gives us the means of curing Anduin and finding a way to stop the Jailer VIA the Planes of Life, she dips, we go the Planes of Life in order to find a way to cure Anduin and get the Pantheon of Life to help us, the Jailer invades Oribos to claim the final key (AKA the Arbiter), the forces of Life and Death aid us against the Jailer, we fight and cure Anduin with the power of Life and all, Sylvanas goes against the Jailer and dies, and we defeat Zovaal VIA using the Pantheon of Death, the Pantheon of Life, and the Arbiter against him.
    Thats actually a good take. Could defiantly see that happening. Which would be cool. Which makes me also think it will probably be something less cooler than that. Also I feel the winter queen has a big role to play. Theres so much we dont know about her and she seems incredibly powerful

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    "But after the events in Shadowlands"

Dude literally spoiled

Andun will return from Shadowlands in Azeroth
    Not necessarily. While you're probably right, the grammar can just as easily imply that what just happened will change him forever as that was an event in SL.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Not necessarily. While you're probably right, the grammar can just as easily imply that what just happened will change him forever as that was an event in SL.
    If we want to get technical, him dying would still fulfill the requirements set out by Ion.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Are you saying you're not excited for human Med'an? The powers of a Priest, Paladin, and Deathknight (Light/Void, and Death) rolled into one.
    Anduin has his convolutions, but I don't think anything could reach the glorious Suehood of Med'an. I fear the plot is too developed now for something that absurd.

3+ Year Old Account
    He's going to become Super Sad Anduin
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

7+ Year Old Account
    He will just be more emo/edgy, and/or more realist about things, who care about him at this point

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    ow shit, Anduin outme'dan me'dan himself, how is that even possible.

next time is him learning the shaman power for reasons, he will probably teach thrall how to be a shaman again

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    Does it need to be said? After the thing he is forced to do under jailer's control, once he is out of that predicament, what will he feel? He already showed great suffering when he got control of himself back for a few moments in the cinematics. And once Jailer is done using him and let him loose, what will he do? There is no going back for him anymore. He is quite literally, fucked! And all this is to give a redemption story to a vile fiend who killed thousands and caused death of several hundred thousand in clear conscience. Bad writing after bad writing.... shit begets shit begets shit....
    Have to agree on this one. They will trample over everything in WoW to "redeem" sylvanas and will not stop , no matter how many fans they will forever alienate through that trainwreck. But again - lead writer's waifu > literally entire franchise's future.

I fear in his crusade to give Sylvanas her undeserved redemption, Danuser will murder Anduin's character.

At the moment I am working under the assumption that Anduin will forsake the Light, because he feels that it forsook him when he needed it most. Similar to how Liadrin felt after the destruction of Quel'thalas.

Instead he will turn to the Void, a power we have already seen him wield conciously and unconciously a few times. Maybe it will even be the Void Lords breaking him free of the Domination magic of the Jailer. There does after all seem to be a strong antagonism between Void and Death.

I would like this, but it would clearly mean that Anduin would become the enemy of the next expansion, since for all their talk about Morality not being a factor for the cosmic forces the picture we got of the Void was always a negative one. If Anduin goes full Voidform then he will become our enemy. End of story.

What this means is that even on her way out of the door Sylvanas has to wreck the Alliance one last time, just because Danuser wants her to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    I fear in his crusade to give Sylvanas her undeserved redemption, Danuser will murder Anduin's character.

At the moment I am working under the assumption that Anduin will forsake the Light, because he feels that it forsook him when he needed it most. Similar to how Liadrin felt after the destruction of Quel'thalas.

Instead he will turn to the Void, a power we have already seen him wield conciously and unconciously a few times. Maybe it will even be the Void Lords breaking him free of the Domination magic of the Jailer. There does after all seem to be a strong antagonism between Void and Death.

I would like this, but it would clearly mean that Anduin would become the enemy of the next expansion, since for all their talk about Morality not being a factor for the cosmic forces the picture we got of the Void was always a negative one. If Anduin goes full Voidform then he will become our enemy. End of story.

What this means is that even on her way out of the door Sylvanas has to wreck the Alliance one last time, just because Danuser wants her to win.
    Honestly, Anduin getting busted out by the void would be among the most natural ways to get him out of his funk. The Light is chiefly based around allegiance to a code. In that sense, Anduin being such an insufferable messiah to whom nothing that ever happens changes his views one iota translate well to his abilities also being so powerful due to the conviction involved. The Void meanwhile is, in as much as there's values attached ,those of individual will and asserting your reality over others - there's a thousand truths sure, but the one you will into being is the one that matters. Your own will to power and to freedom is what gets you out rather than your specific set of values. Such as 'I want to be free' in Anduin's case. It'd fit for that to be what gets him out of it, but less in the sense of him striking a deal with the Void Lords but more an attitude change that allows him to use that power.

@Le Conceptuel

As said, my criteria are two-fold. 1. Externally, Anduin gets credible opposition and pushback from a character that's cast in a positive fashion and in the right. 2. Anduin internally either tones down on his peacemongering or is otherwise jaded/reclusive/unsure of himself. 3. 1 and 2 last for more than a patch continuously. If the planets align in such a fashion I'm a man of my word and will put out the Calia fanfiction.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Honestly, Anduin getting busted out by the void would be among the most natural ways to get him out of his funk. The Light is chiefly based around allegiance to a code. In that sense, Anduin being such an insufferable messiah to whom nothing that ever happens changes his views one iota translate well to his abilities also being so powerful due to the conviction involved. The Void meanwhile is, in as much as there's values attached ,those of individual will and asserting your reality over others - there's a thousand truths sure, but the one you will into being is the one that matters. Your own will to power and to freedom is what gets you out rather than your specific set of values. Such as 'I want to be free' in Anduin's case. It'd fit for that to be what gets him out of it, but less in the sense of him striking a deal with the Void Lords but more an attitude change that allows him to use that power.
    The fact that Anduin can stand by his convictions despite literally everyone around him telling him that he needs to change his views does not make him insufferable in my eyes at least. It shows that he has a strong will and it is that will that makes him stand up to Sylvanas in Torghast even though he was in a completely hopeless situation, just as he stood up to Garrosh during the Divine Bell incident. Of course it is also this will that makes him momentarily snap out of the Jailer's control after spearing Kyrestia.

I personally find this aspect of him great and I don't want him to become a character as weak-willed as Sylvanas who has discarded all values and all morality. Yet, I think that is exactly what will happen. Sylvanas is basically recreating herself in Anduin, something she has been trying to do numerous times, lately with Delaryn and while she failed then, this time she might actually succeed. Or she will break him completely and leave him a vegetable. Either way, the Alliance looses, again, because Danuser is obsessed with his Dark Lady.

It is my hope that Anduin will be able to free himself before he does something that would truely break him, like killing Jaina. For now at least he hasn't killed anyone... but I am sure they want to have a big bang soon and these are usually paid in Alliance cities and or characters.

after the damage done to him is reverted, he will become asian or afroamerican

i hope for Jaina vs Anduin, I can already see Jaina saying it "I'm not leaving .... not this time!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    "But after the events in Shadowlands"

Dude literally spoiled

Andun will return from Shadowlands in Azeroth
    What, did you really expect him to be stuck or dead in the shadowlands? No can do , the alliance crowd would be marching to blizz HQ with pitchforks after they already lost Varian to enchanting

from a super boring character to an iper boring character?
    kek
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    @Le Conceptuel

As said, my criteria are two-fold. 1. Externally, Anduin gets credible opposition and pushback from a character that's cast in a positive fashion and in the right. 2. Anduin internally either tones down on his peacemongering or is otherwise jaded/reclusive/unsure of himself. 3. 1 and 2 last for more than a patch continuously. If the planets align in such a fashion I'm a man of my word and will put out the Calia fanfiction.
    Then I trust your word. I highly doubt I'll be proven correct, but if I am, I am honestly more curious to see exactly how you would write Calia fanfiction than anything.

Since we're relying on the planets aligning here, I'm going to take advantage of my disadvantaged position and add the additional element that you'll have to include a love interest, too. Your choice who that is and how nonsensical it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    What, did you really expect him to be stuck or dead in the shadowlands? No can do , the alliance crowd would be marching to blizz HQ with pitchforks after they already lost Varian to enchanting
    I don't know. I'm Alliance and I'd way prefer Turalyon over Anduin. Although people like to hop on the "Turalyon is a zealot" train at times, I always saw him as being pretty reasonable and level-headed. It would be kind of fun to see someone with the values of Anduin like Turalyon seems to have, but at the same time the military willingness to enforce it.

Turalyon is a kind and gentle soul who only wishes the world to be at peace. His innocence and understanding personality allow him to see through people for who they truly are. An example would be his friendship with Khadgar, as wizards were often discriminated against by holy orders. He has no special hatred for his enemies either and it pained him to see those he was fond of so revenge-ridden during the Invasion of Draenor.[65] Turalyon is also capable of mercy: he refused to kill Doomhammer even when the warchief killed Lothar whom Turalyon admired very much. However, when innocent lives were threatened Turalyon's passive nature changed to that of a determined avenger willing to do what was necessary, setting aside his own well being, and putting the lives of the endangered as the top priority. It was these traits that drew Alleria Windrunner to fall in love with him. The elf and the human were from different worlds, but they had been brought together in a way that only war could do.[66] According to Khadgar, Alleria's age and wisdom strengthened Turalyon's spirit, and his youth and innocence softened the somewhat jaded elf.[67]

Although Turalyon is a firm believer that order can be maintained only through extreme martial discipline, he is honored by his friends and foes alike. (Wowpedia)

I honestly would like him plenty as a leader. Even if his zealotry were exacerbated a bit, it would only make him embody simultaneously the best and worst aspects of the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anduin is now pretty much like Jean-Luc Picard while he was Locutus. He should have problems returning to his old life after this tribulation.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"