10+ Year Old Account
    2 dropped balls on this drive and a penalty. Not the start you want.

- - - Updated - - -

Ouch. Hell of a play by Hyde.

Can't do what the team has done so far and expect to win an away game in the playoffs. Need to turn this around pronto.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    They came back from two scores down when the other team had a free seven. If they only need a field goal it's 22 to tie it and go to overtime. There's your "More than 19 fucking points"

That whistle matters, and you can claim it doesn't, but you'll be hearing about it all week unless something even more bullshit happens in the later games.
    I love how you assume the Bengals just don't score a TD again on the replayed down. The Raiders scored 19 points and lost. They had 2 turnovers and lost. Own that loss because that is what they did. The refs did not help them but the Raiders lost that game. Period.

the raiders had games had some of the worst refs ever... I was hoping the whistle TD wouldn't matter at least but it did. Gratz on being given the win i guess.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

That whistle matters, and you can claim it doesn't, but you'll be hearing about it all week unless something even more bullshit happens in the later games.
    Sure it matters but it still isn't as impactful as ones that happened in the 4th quarters of games that DID decide the game. I mean sorry, if that whistle never happened that was a TD anyways. But hey whatever, Raiders maybe got fucked, maybe they didn't. They had the 2nd half to do something about it. They got...let's see...oh SIX fucking points in the 2nd half.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I love how you assume the Bengals just don't score a TD again on the replayed down. The Raiders scored 19 points and lost. They had 2 turnovers and lost. Own that loss because that is what they did. The refs did not help them but the Raiders lost that game. Period.
    Here's the issue and why the whistle matters. You replay that down and the defence gets a stop? Bengals kick a field goal.
    That's why the whistle matters. The referees decided the situation rather than let it play out. Replay the down and the Bengals score? Fine. But there's no guarantee they would, and you can't guarantee that at all.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    the raiders had games had some of the worst refs ever... I was hoping the whistle TD wouldn't matter at least but it did. Gratz on being given the win i guess.
    LOL worst refs this year maybe. Worst refs ever? Puhlease. We don't even have to go back that far to see far worse officiating fuckups.

- - - Updated - - -

That's why the whistle matters. The referees decided the game rather than let it play out. Replay the down and the Bengals score? Fine. But there's no guarantee they would, and you can't guarantee that at all.
    *shrugs* Whistle would have been in the Raiders favor if they changed the play to a do-over. It didn't go their way and they couldn't overcome it because they sucked in the 2nd half.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL worst refs this year maybe. Worst refs ever? Puhlease. We don't even have to go back that far to see far worse officiating fuckups.

- - - Updated - - -

*shrugs* Whistle would have been in the Raiders favor if they changed the play to a do-over. It didn't go their way and they couldn't overcome it because they sucked in the 2nd half.
    Bengals also got 6 points in that second half. You saying they didn't deserve to win either?

Raiders 2nd half possesions: Punt, Field Goal, Field Goal, Turnover. Why did they lose? Wonder why.

- - - Updated - - -

Bengals also got 6 points in that second half. You saying they didn't deserve to win either?
    I think we both know the answer to that. Look at turnovers. Oh Raiders had more. Huh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiders couldn't make the stop on the TD, complaining for a do-over because the refs are terrible is unbecoming. Don't let them score in the first place.

Well this is a good start for the Patriots haters.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Declined penalties typically aren’t counted in those chyrons.
    Yeah that is true. I think it was just the sheer amount of 'Ref Meetings' to figure out wtf is going on that didn't help. Compound it by the phantom Roughing the Passer that the Raiders benefitted from and the early whistle the Bengals benefited from and it was just a disaster of a ref game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiders 2nd half possesions: Punt, Field Goal, Field Goal, Turnover. Why did they lose? Wonder why.
    Bengals went Punt, Field Goal, Punt, Field Goal.

Again, the whistle mattered. You keep talking about that second interception but it doesn't exist if the Bengals don't score on a replayed third down.

Do you just ignore that phantom Roughing the Passer that benefitted the Raiders on that last drive? Of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Bengals went Punt, Field Goal, Punt, Field Goal.

Again, the whistle mattered. You keep talking about that second interception but it doesn't exist if the Bengals don't score on a replayed third down.
    Ah you can predict the future now. K. You know if the refs didn't give the Raiders 15 free bonus yards they wouldn't have even gotten close enough to throw the game away on an interception, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you just ignore that phantom Roughing the Passer that benefitted the Raiders on that last drive? Of course.
    No but I also don't ignore the absolute no call on OPI that benefitted the Bengals either.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah you can predict the future now. K. You know if the refs didn't give the Raiders 15 free bonus yards they wouldn't have even gotten close enough to throw the game away on an interception, right?
    Because there wasn't a bunch of time to make up an additional 15 yards right?

Because there wasn't a bunch of time to make up an additional 15 yards right?
    Like there wasn't 2+ quarters for the Raiders to come back from that horrible whistle? Ohhhhh. Right. And with this checkmate I'm done talking over this issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like there wasn't 2+ quarters for the Raiders to come back from that horrible whistle? Ohhhhh. Right. And with this checkmate I'm done talking over this issue.
    They kept pace with their opponents all second half, worst checkmate ever.

Edit: Actually better still, after that horrible whistle call they put up 13 points. The Bengals put up 6.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Well, Looks like the Patriots Defense decided not to show up.

I didn't think they were going to win, but I didn't see basically getting blown out in the play offs. They need to start playing better.

Patriots have few offensive free agents ... honestly the biggest on offense is a lineman. If they can keep their defensive free agents (though I think Hightower will retire after the season, he has been in the league a while now.) they'll have pretty much the same team next year.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Seeing Raiders complain on that whistle play just tells me we have Brady in Burrow. Getting Raiders fans going is just a right of passage for HOF QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Nobody saying anything, but Buffalo is doing their job. Gonna be hard not to expect NE to come back though. Lots of foosball left.
    Yeah have to give credit to the Bills for that great interception they got to deny points.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way i see that rule is kind of like how I see speeding rules. yeah, going 3 over / a ball being 3 feet away form a WR when a whistle is blown is technically illegal, but probably not what the spirit of the law / rule is for.

Ref shittery needs to get checked real soon though. Seems refs can do whatever they want. and I saw that car "he totaly hit me on the head officer!" move.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Ref shittery needs to get checked real soon though. Seems refs can do whatever they want. and I saw that car "he totaly hit me on the head officer!" move.
    Its nothing new, its been happening for so long its hard for me to get worked up about it.
    /s