Looks like the Panthers picked him up.

Turns out Gillmore wasn't released, but traded for a 6th to the Panthers. Second time this has happened this year, a player is reported to be released then traded.

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    Turns out Gillmore wasn't released, but traded for a 6th to the Panthers. Second time this has happened this year, a player is reported to be released then traded.
    That is because the release does not happen until 4pm I believe. So any team that is interested can jump in and try to make the trade happen. However, the player can just not report and it can void the trade. They could fail the physical and it can void the trade if the team getting the player wishes to back out of the deal. So nothing is 'final' on this one yet.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    I swear teams are "leaking" a release just to drive urgency in a trade they're working on.

Panthers probably were afraid of him being released and signing with the Bucs.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Panthers probably were afraid of him being released and signing with the Bucs.
    This is what I thought would probably happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gilmore also has ties to Carolina. He played for Gamecocks in college. Panthers also not worried about his contract.

Looks like a match where both sides could be happy.

I'm personally just happy that it;s over and done with. Contract situations like this can implode a team when a high profile guy comes back and then doesn;t really want to be there. Clean break for both sides this way.

Only problem now is Patriots corner situation going forward. Would not surprise me if they make a late run at JC Jackson and try to sign him long term afterall. Though have to wonder why JC would take such a deal when he's about 7 months away from freedom of choice during his payday.

Next offseason could be tricky though if JC tests the market and leaves. We went from having the strongest Corner situation in 2019 and the DPOY at the position to....Jalen Mills? I guess?

Times change fast in the NFL. >.<

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Packers are poised to sign former Cowboys Pro Bowler Jaylen Smith.

Probably says a lot about where Za'darius Smith is and the odds he's back in GB next season. The secondary looks like it's finally rebuilt, so they need a quick fix to their pass rush.

About damn time we see this team making moves that says "we think we can win the Super Bowl this year."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Probably says a lot about where Za'darius Smith is and the odds he's back in GB next season. The secondary looks like it's finally rebuilt, so they need a quick fix to their pass rush.

About damn time we see this team making moves that says "we think we can win the Super Bowl this year."
    Defense is where they are weakest so it feels like a good idea ... but he had a serious injury and GBs defense already has tons of injuries.

10+ Year Old Account

I assume it's gonna be a one year deal for pro-rated league minimum so it won't really influence next year unless he plays his way to an extension, which can only be a positive thing.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Sure would be unfortunate if a team had a…sudden…covid outbreak
    I can see it... Brady is to miss two games due to turned ankle...
    Next day. The Washington No-Names have had a massive covid outbreak handing the game to Tampa Bay.
    The Next Monday... NYG has a massive covid outbreak. Another game for the Brady-less Bucs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seahawks moved Dee Eskridge to IR with a concussion. Been out since game 1, practiced once this week and went on IR. Probably not a good thing for his career.

15+ Year Old Account
    Weirdest interception. I can’t tell if the receiver didn’t get what he was motioning or he just did a horrible job of throwing it away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    This definitely has 6-5 final score NFCW thriller all over it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Remember when roughing the passer was just to keep qbs from getting blown up 3 seconds after the throw?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Remember when roughing the passer was just to keep qbs from getting blown up 3 seconds after the throw?
    Some of the calls this year ....... I have witnessed at least 4 that have been just wildly not rough. The Matt Ryan call???

10+ Year Old Account
    Every time Adams screws up I text my friend "highest paid safety btw"

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/stat...96931316248612

that... was really bad.

Russell Wilsons finger is JACKED, but they just popped it back in lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah you ain't popping that back in. Thats fucked.

- - - Updated - - -

Fucking NFCW matchups. Refs better study the WHOLE rule book, because we testing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who needs Russel Wilson, amirite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, Geno is actually playing well. Just as we all predicted