10+ Year Old Account
    As soon as Houston had 5 points I knew they were going to end the game with 5 points.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone have the Bengals and Titans leading the AFC at the beginning of the season? No, you didn't liar.

What was Wentz doing.???????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Half a game and bucs are up 35-3… brady doesnt have many yards but damn this Chicago team wants to give the bucs the ball back badly
    Fields is a bust. Just like I said when people were all. GET FIELDS!!! for the Falcons.

The Falcons managed to win!

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    If it was Gruden still in charge, we would have gone conservative at 17-7, and spent the 4th quarter playing prevent to defend a 3 point lead.

The team just plays better with him not shot calling, there's a speed and aggression that wasn't there.
    Being a kid that started watching football in the 80s, I feel the league is better when the Raiders are relevant.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Anyone have the Bengals and Titans leading the AFC at the beginning of the season? No, you didn't liar.
    Less people thought the Raiders/Bengals game in 3 weeks could determine the #1 seed in the AFC
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Less people thought the Raiders/Bengals game in 3 weeks could determine the #1 seed in the AFC
    The AFC is a roller coaster of nuttyness this year. Feels like two games ago we thought the Chargers and Browns were gonna be the class of the AFC. Now it's the Titans and Bengals. In two more weeks I expect we'll be talking about the Colts and Raiders.

Meanwhile Buffalo is still sitting right over there plodding along toward I still think ultimately the #1 seed.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Fields is a bust. Just like I said when people were all. GET FIELDS!!! for the Falcons.

The Falcons managed to win!
    When it comes to picking quarterbacks, the Bears really need to just start doing the opposite of what their natural instinct tells them to do, just like George did in that one Seinfeld episode. It's crazy how wrong that team has been for so long when it comes to that position.

Also, I will be shocked if Matt Nagy lasts the entire season as head coach. He should have been gone last year, but just barely earned a reprieve by going 8 - 8 and squeaking into the playoffs. He's not going to get the benefit of the doubt this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    When it comes to picking quarterbacks, the Bears really need to just start doing the opposite of what their natural instinct tells them to do, just like George did in that one Seinfeld episode. It's crazy how wrong that team has been for so long when it comes to that position.
    Surely you don't include Super Bowl runner-up and patron saint of thedrawplay comic Rex Grossman??

Maybe they need to stop swinging for the fences on these high draft pick QBs and go back to drafting serviceable mid-rounders like Kyle Orton, not that their first round picks at other positions are terribly successful either.
    /s

Orton was a great pick for them too. Ended up dumping him for Cutler to ruin his career instead.

At least the Bears take QBs in the first round early. Some other teams don't do it and take leftover garbage that are worse than multiple of their 7th or later round picks. The results have been the same, but they will eventually find one if they keep trying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Maybe they need to stop swinging for the fences on these high draft pick QBs and go back to drafting serviceable mid-rounders like Kyle Orton, not that their first round picks at other positions are terribly successful either.
    Though they keep ending up with good receivers which is awkward. I think they're just counterdrafting the packers
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2021-10-25 at 09:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

I'd just like to take a moment and say how happy I am that the Chiefs have gotten their asses kicked in 2 of their past 3 games. That team has gotten way too arrogant and acts like they've won 3 Super Bowls in a row instead of just 1 Super Bowl two years ago.

One example is Mahomes throwing no-look passes. They might look cool in practice, but they're a pretty dumbass risk to take in an actual game and he's thrown at least one interception this year because of that shit. Another example is Andy Reid calling "trick" plays that are designed more to entertain than actually trick the defense. I forget who they were playing, but a few weeks ago the offense pretended that they were all confused and Mahomes (who won't be winning an Oscar anytime soon) put his hands out to his sides as if he was totally confused and didn't know what the play was. It looked absolutely ridiculous and everyone and their mother knew it wasn't real. Even though they ended up scoring a touchdown, it's because they executed the play well, not because anyone was fooled by it.

A little humility might do them some good.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    The Jets traded for Joe Flacco. I have no idea why. If you are not winning with your top option at QB then you are not going to win with a back up either and certainly not with a washed has been like Flacco.

So why bother with spending the draft pick on it if you are going to probably lose anyway? just roll with Mike White who you had in there for the game against the Pats. He's certainly no worse than Flacco and at least has room to grow and improve and show you that he might be able to do more with more time with the 1st team.

Just Jets things, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    I'd just like to take a moment and say how happy I am that the Chiefs have gotten their asses kicked in 2 of their past 3 games. That team has gotten way too arrogant and acts like they've won 3 Super Bowls in a row instead of just 1 Super Bowl two years ago.

One example is Mahomes throwing no-look passes. They might look cool in practice, but they're a pretty dumbass risk to take in an actual game and he's thrown at least one interception this year because of that shit. Another example is Andy Reid calling "trick" plays that are designed more to entertain than actually trick the defense. I forget who they were playing, but a few weeks ago the offense pretended that they were all confused and Mahomes (who won't be winning an Oscar anytime soon) put his hands out to his sides as if he was totally confused and didn't know what the play was. It looked absolutely ridiculous and everyone and their mother knew it wasn't real. Even though they ended up scoring a touchdown, it's because they executed the play well, not because anyone was fooled by it.

A little humility might do them some good.
    Please find a clip of this lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Please find a clip of this lol
    It’s not the epic fail it seems, it got to the receiver, but he bounced it up.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lynch on live TV went about how I expected.
    /s

Lynch on live TV went about how I expected.
    Whoever asked him to do it had to know it was coming too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Guess it’s more of a Ge-Yes Smith night

- - - Updated - - -

just realized pete carrol looks like old Owen Wilson with short hair

Saints going to escape with a win in a very physical game in the rain.