Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I find myself disappointed...blue balled even.
    Ok, that's hyperbole but..

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Uhhh... the history of corporate malfeasance is pretty fucking deep. I mean let's just start with the rampant fraud that drove the great financial crash... the amount of suffering and misery that created alone... union grift is small potatoes...
    Which is irrelevant to what happened over Act 10. Bullying and malfeasance is OK as long as it is the Unions doing it. Liberal hypocrisy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Which is irrelevant to what happened over Act 10. Bullying and malfeasance is OK as long as it is the Unions doing it. Liberal hypocrisy.
    Let’s regulate it... if we can regulate malfeasance... then unions are good?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    What you call "bullying" is just "collective power to negotiate". Literally the power to balance the scales and negotiate with capitalists on more equitable ground.

If you've got a problem with that, it's because you think capitalist power to exploit workers should go unchecked, and you've got no room to cry wolf about "bullying".
    Thats the shitiest part is that its really just denying any other way to organize people. Apparetly organized collective human action has to be done by a business that's it.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just gonna wait till you name best friend hello corporation.

10+ Year Old Account
    What "bullying and malfeasance"? Be specific. The one example you cited seemed to just indicate that union workers would stage a walkout. Which is just normal negotiation practice.

You just seem upset that workers have collective representation.

fair enough let him bury himself
    I would never say any company is completely exemplary. All companies have warts. You, on the other hand, contrinue to claim Unions are completely innocent angels who have never done anything wrong and you refuse to condemn any of them for their own malfeasance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would never say any company is completely exemplary. All companies have warts. You, on the other hand, contrinue to claim Unions are completely innocent angels who have never done anything wrong and you refuse to condemn any of them for their own malfeasance.
    I'd love for you to quote where I said that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats the shitiest part is that its really just denying any other way to organize people. Apparenrly the only organized collective human action has to be done by a business that's it.
    It also ignores that malfeasance result in litigation, to prevent it from happening again. We don’t end all corporations, because all of them cheat on their taxes and participate in wage theft. We regulate... we ask for a minimum wage hike... that’s how rational beings function.

- - - Updated - - -

I would never say any company is completely exemplary. All companies have warts.
    Why is that an excuse for corporations, but not unions?

I’m also saying to use what you are saying as evidence against unions, so laws can pass to make them stronger. So... what’s up?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Still waiting for those specifics on the Act 10 protests, yo. Because my memory is that they were overhwlemingly peaceful, with little more than tense moments and no meaningful violence, no extensive damage to the Capitol (the $7.5M the state claimed was quickly debunked by their own words), and I'm struggling to remember or even find any evidence of extensive damage to private property.

Put up or shut up, yo.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're still waiting for you to provide examples of said supposed "malfeasance" by unions.

And I'm pretty sure nobody ever said no unions ever did anything bad. So that's just a straw man anyway.

I would never say any company is completely exemplary. All companies have warts.
    Now do unions!

You, on the other hand, contrinue to claim Unions are completely innocent angels who have never done anything wrong and you refuse to condemn any of them for their own malfeasance.
    Lying liars lying lyingly. I mean, do you even believe this, yourself?

And completely changes the subject away from the abuses committed by the unions. Hypocrisy lives.
    Quick question: I'm watching this discussion from Germany, enjoying 24 days paid vacation everyone with a job gets no matter what job it is which unions fought for. How do you think American workers could achieve the same without unions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Lying liars lying lyingly. I mean, do you even believe this, yourself?
    I love it when people respond to me, by responding to other people... do they think I won’t notice them responding to me calling it exemplary? Do they not expect people to respond confused, since the reply isn’t to them? You know... literally what happened... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    What you call "bullying" is just "collective power to negotiate". Literally the power to balance the scales and negotiate with capitalists on more equitable ground.

If you've got a problem with that, it's because you think capitalist power to exploit workers should go unchecked, and you've got no room to cry wolf about "bullying".
    LOL threatening to shut the businesses down of any voter who voted for Scott Walker or any lawmaker for voting for Act 10 is not "collective power to negotiate". That is textbook bullying. That is nowhere near negotiation. If any conservative was accused of threateinng to shut down the business of anyone who voted against Act 10, you would be screaming bloody murder. Hypocrisy.

In fact, the one who is for exploiting the worker is you because you are the one trying to force workers into an union. I am for giving the choice to the worker, which is what Act 10 does regardless of what union propaganda you post. If a teacher does not want to join the teachers union, they no longer have to. You want them all forced into the union. And I am the one accused of supporting the exploitation of the worker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Quick question: I'm watching this discussion from Germany, enjoying 24 days paid vacation everyone with a job gets no matter what job it is which unions fought for. How do you think American workers could achieve the same without unions?
    SO you are OK with the abuses and bullying the Unions committed then?

10+ Year Old Account
    In fact, the one who is for exploiting the worker is you because you are the one trying to force workers into an union. I am for giving the choice to the worker, which is what Act 10 does regardless of what union propaganda you post. If a teacher does not want to join the teachers union, they no longer have to. You want them all forced into the union. And I am the one accused of supporting the exploitation of the worker.
    Can you explain to me how a Union functions, when it doesn’t represent the workers? Can you explain how a worker is supposed to get a fair shake, versus a corporation?

- - - Updated - - -

No, just like me they are calling for regulating unions from doing the misdeeds you show. Can you stop virtue signaling?

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL threatening to shut the businesses down of any voter who voted for Scott Walker or any lawmaker for voting for Act 10 is not "collective power to negotiate". That is textbook bullying.
    How would they shut them down?

By workers walking out?

That's negotiation. Not bullying. In any respect whatsoever.

That is nowhere near negotiation. If any conservative was accused of threateinng to shut down the business of anyone who voted against Act 10, you would be screaming bloody murder. Hypocrisy.
    Not over that they were acting collectively, but over why they were taking action.

There's a pretty significant difference there, you see.

In fact, the one who is for exploiting the worker is you because you are the one trying to force workers into an union.
    Nobody's "forced" to join a union. They're free to pursue other career paths.

And I am the one accused of supporting the exploitation of the worker.
    That's literally what you're doing. Opposing collective power to favor capitalist exploitation without opposition.

Didn't your mother teach you not to answer a question with a question?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Now do unions!
    Still waiting for you to condemn the unions for their bullying in Wisconsin. Your silence continues display your hypocrisy.

LOL threatening to shut the businesses down of any voter who voted for Scott Walker or any lawmaker for voting for Act 10 is not "collective power to negotiate".
    Citation needed*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Didn't your mother teach you not to answer a question with a question?
    I gotcha...