Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Why? It is a stupid idea that doesn't work and won't work... it's an historic fuck up.
    But it IS historic you say?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Am I the only one who is a bit skeptical about a company that only present a 3-member board and an advisory board as their team, that doesn't have a page on wikipedia, and one of the top-hits when searching for their name says: "Log in. I’ve forgotten my password." (to get to some dashboard).
    Lol, yeah, that doesn't quite inspire confidence, does it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Nice I like your stubborn optimism. Somebody has to push us towards better transportation. I had to drive on the highway going 70mph for 5.5 hours a couple days ago... It was stupid, I'd rather be going 700mph in a vacuum tube and arrive in a half hour.

I don't know if Hyperloops will ever be the future but the people saying it could never be cost effective in the future don't actually know that. They're just basing it on our current lack of knowledge and the current expense projections, which will change over the years and decades.
    Thank you, I do my best. It will be interesting to see how long it takes to actually get one up and running. These swiss guys seem awfully optimistic about their timeline.

It ended up in a museum before in actual use. Figures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Nice I like your stubborn optimism. Somebody has to push us towards better transportation. I had to drive on the highway going 70mph for 5.5 hours(one way) a couple days ago... It was stupid, I'd rather be going 700mph in a vacuum tube and arrive in a half hour.

I don't know if Hyperloops will ever be the future but the people saying it could never be cost effective in the future don't actually know that. They're just basing it on our current lack of knowledge and the current expense projections, which will change over the years and decades.
    If only high speed trains, that run on precisely run timetables existed.

I guess there's nothing we can do in between -car- and -impractical fantasyland-.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Sadly, I can't thinkansen of any examples.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

I guess there's nothing we can do in between -car- and -impractical fantasyland-.
    It's interesting how the United States has let their transportation system slide into the toilet. We have nothing close to other developed nations in the arena of rail transport, and it's horrifying that we apparently won't. Even myself, as someone who favors what Hyperloop could do, wonders if we'll ever get out of the relative stone age of transportation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It's interesting how the United States has let their transportation system slide into the toilet.
    Is it?

Is it really. I'll let you think about who might benefit from over-reliance on cars/gas consumption, and who would benefit from not spending a dime on infrastructure.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Is it?

Is it really. I'll let you think about who might benefit from over-reliance on cars/gas consumption, and who would benefit from not spending a dime on infrastructure.
    My initial reaction is oil/gas. I'd love to hear your more detailed thoughts on this - gotta say that never occurred to me re who would benefit from the country NOT spending money on infrastructure.

10+ Year Old Account
    My initial reaction is oil/gas. I'd love to hear your more detailed thoughts on this - gotta say that never occurred to me re who would benefit from the country NOT spending money on infrastructure.
    Republicans who make much more money thwirling their thumbs and passing tax cuts instead of spending money in places that would help the general population

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Republicans who make much more money thwirling their thumbs and passing tax cuts instead of spending money in places that would help the general population
    Yeah, I'm not buying that at all. Infrastructure brings jobs and big ticket contracts to every state. I thought you were going to offer some real insight to an industry/group that is subtlety subverting the United States infrastructure. Saying the GQP torpedoes everything for their own gains is nothing new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm not buying that at all. Infrastructure brings jobs and big ticket contracts to every state. I thought you were going to offer some real insight to an industry/group that is subtlety subverting the United States infrastructure. Saying the GQP torpedoes everything for their own gains is nothing new.
    I'm not sure how "GOP makes more money being lobbied to do nothing except cutting tax cuts" is somehow a wild idea, but OK.

Let me know when any red state/government makes any kind of investment into their infrastructure. I'll be sipping margaritas in the hot tub sized potholes in our roads.

Bringing this back because of tech and project updates.

Another company/country is bringing hyperloop to life. A Zurich company announces plans to have a hyperloop up and running from Geneva to Zurich in the next five years. They cite an existing test site that is already up and running and scaling the tech from those successes.
    Watch them fleece investors and actually not build the thing within the next five years... just like what happened in the US.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure how "GOP makes more money being lobbied to do nothing except cutting tax cuts" is somehow a wild idea, but OK.
    Me either - it was your point, not mine.

Let me know when any red state/government makes any kind of investment into their infrastructure. I'll be sipping margaritas in the hot tub sized potholes in our roads.
    Lol, yeah, it's just getting so bad out there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    Watch them fleece investors and actually not build the thing within the next five years... just like what happened in the US.
    Evidence for this claim?